It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sure NASA are being cautious regarding UARS....and for the right reasons!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It appears from the recent NASA statement that there are three major areas of impact...One being North Pacific and part of Canada (which would correctly encompass the 500km - given a little but more) and one being Africa

I am not speculating and I do not have any info...I merely think that NASA have a very good idea and are at this moment clearing up the debris (speculation and assumption...maybe)

As for the video posted up...nah!...it should have been burning up at that time...nice try!......and as for the people that claimed it came down in their farm field...mmmmm sounds like a movie script to me...and Mods are rightly reviewing the statement and lets face it there will be people who claim to have got a piece of this over the next week!...whatever....
anyway don't shoot the messenger...and I am sure that people will wade in with comments and get angry...try not to...I do not believe this was any conspiracy and was one of the older satellites at hat can't be controlled with descent and I have also said why it could not be shot to smithereens in previous posts...science dictates that!

We should be grateful that we have not heard of any casualties.....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They have satellites in space with cameras that can zoom in on a penny on Earth, they know exactly where this thing landed.
What would the reasons be for not telling the people where it "landed", besides someone grabbing it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elieser
They have satellites in space with cameras that can zoom in on a penny on Earth, they know exactly where this thing landed.
What would the reasons be for not telling the people where it "landed", besides someone grabbing it.

well if that's the case as stated in my post they would be clearing it up as we speak!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That's partly my thread...I believe they are clearing it up and they do know where it landed...They are just being evasive about it...No conspiracy...part of their protocol...old and regimented...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

They are covering it up because it is apart of national security. They knew it would land somewhere near U.S. waters or on North American land. Does anyone have credible info that it actually landed in Canada?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why do they need to lie about it, we know they have thermal cameras and can see everything from space. They can just say that they are recovering the pieces and that they are not disclosing the locations do to security reasons, there is no need to lie.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by Jools

They are covering it up because it is apart of national security. They knew it would land somewhere near U.S. waters or on North American land. Does anyone have credible info that it actually landed in Canada?

I live 4 hrs away...and according to angle of descent did not come over where i live...and media very quiet here....no speculation on my part but I really believe the reason they are quiet as in NASA is because they are recovering the debris

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Just talked to my parents today they live in Florida and my mom says she thought her and pops saw a peice falling... They live in st cloud FL.. she said she saw somthing juz floating down... Idk just thought I'd share
edit on 24-9-2011 by sciontist because: put is instead of I'd

edit on 24-9-2011 by sciontist because: stupid phone keyboard

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

What I don't understand is why do they need to lie about it, we know they have thermal cameras and can see everything from space. They can just say that they are recovering the pieces and that they are not disclosing the locations do to security reasons, there is no need to lie.

That's just my whole point...this is an organization that has old regime, protocols and still to this day has some kind of rules and regs to supposedly protect public interests...I just think there's old regulations embroiled with new 9just like monarchy in UK)...and i totally get where your coming from too...I really do not think there's lies...but I won't go there with Apollo 1 (gus etc....).....

Yes i too question things in the past...but happen to think this was just one of those things...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well that's assuming that the Spy Satellite is flying over the spot where the UARS landed at the time. I'm sure they could get an image of it, but they can't do that till their spy satellite is flying overhead.....Most Satellite's orbit at a different rate than the earth spins, however there are some that will stay in one spot called Geostationary Satellites...but these need to be in a much higher orbit, and therefore are harder to get a good image from (though I'm sure it's possible). Still (assuming we've got em) they would likely only have such expensive and complex Geostationary Spy Satellites in orbits of certain parts of the world that they want to keep an eye on consistently. That leaves out Canada as a likely target.....but Africa may be... especially if the Sat. fell more towards Egypt/Middle East area.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sciontist
Just talked to my parents today they live in Florida and my mom says she thought her and pops saw a peice falling... They live in st cloud FL.. she said she saw somthing juz floating down... Idk just thought I'd share
edit on 24-9-2011 by sciontist because: put is instead of I'd

edit on 24-9-2011 by sciontist because: stupid phone keyboard

Thank you!...you never know...that's the whole point of my post to open discussion.....and hopefully not conspiracy people but people like yourselves who genuinely believe they saw something...thanks for sharing! x

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Well that's assuming that the Spy Satellite is flying over the spot where the UARS landed at the time. I'm sure they could get an image of it, but they can't do that till their spy satellite is flying overhead.....Most Satellite's orbit at a different rate than the earth spins, however there are some that will stay in one spot called Geostationary Satellites...but these need to be in a much higher orbit, and therefore are harder to get a good image from (though I'm sure it's possible). Still (assuming we've got em) they would likely only have such expensive and complex Geostationary Spy Satellites in orbits of certain parts of the world that they want to keep an eye on consistently. That leaves out Canada as a likely target.....but Africa may be... especially if the Sat. fell more towards Egypt/Middle East area.

Thanks...very succint!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

very interesting...thanks for this!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Jools

ps love the mystery man avatar- cadburys milk tray...no just kidding!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Jools

to be really frank with you...very quiet on media front here!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
It appears from the recent NASA statement that there are three major areas of impact...One being North Pacific and part of Canada (which would correctly encompass the 500km - given a little but more) and one being Africa

If you mean the statement on this page HERE then no there is no impact in Africa. If you have other info to support this assertion then please share.

From the broadcast mentioned in THIS thread (since you're going by NASA statements) the satellite was not observed going over Canada by people who were watching for it, supporting the conclusion that it reentered over the Pacific.

Furthermore, and on a more general point, satellite orbits are much like earthquakes in that they are public domain events that can be observed by anyone who wishes to do so.
If you like, you dont have to trust that the orbital data published is correct, you can check it for yourself by standing outside and looking. Or better still taking photos of the satellite at predetermined times against known background stars to get more precision.
You can then make reentry predictions for yourself based on the data you collect yourself.
There are already 22 agencies worldwide who do this.

Check it yourself.
ROSAT is reentering in November. Or so they say. Go outside and see it for yourself, check the orbit for yourself, make your own calculations, make your own predictions.
Setup a worldwide group of likeminded observers.
Oh wait, its already been done... Seesat-L
Join the Seesat-L mailing list, discuss the reentry of satellites and do your own independent calculations.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Did anyone happen to watch the live feed in real time of UARS? I was watching it on multiple sites one of which had the speed, altitude, etc. What was very interesting to me is at one point this morning, i dont remember but after1am the feeds all just went dark, but the speed, altitude site I was watching listed the satellite being much higher than the earths atmosphere and this was well after nasa came up with their official statement. If the live feeds were inaccurate as to reporting its speed and altitude, where did they come from?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
If the live feeds were inaccurate as to reporting its speed and altitude, where did they come from?

They came from this...

UARS
1 21701U 91063B 11267.10904230 .15227068 11945-4 11522-3 0 6420
2 21701 56.9313 262.1789 0003645 318.1436 41.9334 16.52554649109189

Its a set of numbers that describe a satellite's orbit. The height, inclination to the equator etc...
They arent updated very often. Once a day if you're lucky.

The "tracking" websites dont actually track anything. They just run a mathematical simulation based on the numbers shown above. Wouldnt surprise me if you could find a "tracking" website still showing UARS in orbit.

To really actually physically track satellites, you need a bunch of ground stations like NORAD has. They have about 20, with radar and automated cameras. But even then, they can only track a satellite if it passes over the top of one of those tracking stations.

top topics

join