It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Tiny House is Freaking Sweet!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
A nice concept, just a wee bit on the small side. I have stayed in similar while camping, but much bigger than those and they also had wheels. As others have stated about barely having room to turn around, I would have a problem with that also. Elderly would have problems going up the ladder also to the bed. Something to think about.
I would camp in that unit, but would want something bigger to live in.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
You all may or may not have seen this. But What a Concept...Less is More.

Mods...I was going to post under humanity or practical living or something in that area...but there is no category for that.

Hope you like the Vid...Who wouldn't???? Please comment!

This is nice, I wouldn't live in it but I would love to test it out for a night.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

damn. it's mister pryzbylewski! with a dash of carcetti. in tiny-weenie house. lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
reply to post by WeRpeons

no books, no dvds, no cds, no video games - because there's no space.

If the internet doesn't go down his computer will suffice for that.

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85I've seen a lot of those videos about small houses and it looks like it's the latest fad but i wonder how long people can live in basically a jail cell until they grow sick and tired of having no room to store stuff and not even be able to turn around properly in the 'rooms'.

Some families sail for years on boats with the same type of stowage issues. If we roll back that clock a century and a half you would find thatfor thousands of years Native americans, Frontier families, Simple Country folk from europe loving in wattle & daub houses got by with about this amount of space. They had family and communication with nature not tchatchkies that did nothing. You have let the media convince you that you need all the junk but you don't.

Once mail order catalogs appeared on the scene people had to have "A Place For Their Stuff' bigger houses sheeplike consumerisim of things that they did without until they saw it and had to have it.

You didn't have a cell phone or computer in the 1970s and life was easier, not by any means perfect but as a whole the strees leven was a tenth of what it is today. A high school graduate at 17 could actually move out and live in a tiny apartment on a starting wage. Non union jobs paid the same as union jobs, a college degree meant you knew something... Oh of course corruption was still around but you avoided those areas, there were bad neighborhoods but you wouldn't be exicuted for driving down the wrong street.
edit on 25-9-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Yes, life was easier in the 70's and you could live in an apartment on minimum wage, at least where I lived. Many college graduates now live with their parents whether they have a job or not. It is hardest on the single parent....so very hard! It saddens me that our local shelter has lost its funding now. I try to help out and donate there when I can. There are many single moms with children....it saddens me and angers me too that we have come to this point.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think the second video about Peter King, his onto something, seems like he knows his values and wants to control his life without any drag. Hence the tiny house, no wife/kids (From the videos I saw) and how the hell anyone else would fit in there.
I saw another video of his where he helped build a 12x14 or something for a small family. This seemed quite acceptable.
I think 10x10 (about 10sq/m) would be pushing the limits of most people if you had to live in the thing everyday. Be fine for a small.....maybe something abit larger but still keeping to the basic principal of small, beach house or that house on your hobby farm you go to every weekend. Throw some solar panels on, water tank. sep tank, would be ample enough for a beach house or hobby farm. Hardly no maintaince, cleaning, come and go.
We had a bush shack about 10 or 15 sq/m that we used like once a month just for sleeping and storage and it was great, walk outside fresh stream, good view, abundance of fire wood (that's why we went up there to collect wood) abit scary being in the middle of deep bush at night with no electricity, just oil lamps and the strange silence. But hey I was a kid.

edit on 25-9-2011 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join