It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Tiny House is Freaking Sweet!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Exactly, so you have no practical sense of what it's like living in a extreme confined space yet are preaching how good it is?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't care what anyone says, I want one!!!

This is the ultimate fort!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I live in a 4 room condo. It has a living room,20x30 bedroom 20 x20 a small kitchen and a small bath/shower. Cost me 16.000 10 years ago and is worth about 35,000 now. Electricity and water is included in the maintenance fees that's less than 300 a month no matter how much I use. At times I wish it was a little bigger but I really couldn't use more than 2 extra rooms.

It's just me and the wife. I'm waiting for some investments to mature and I'm inheriting some land, about 60 x 75 with a 2700 sq foot house and about 100,000 dollars. That will give me a little more freedom than I have now. What am I going to do then? Rent the house, rent the condo and find myself a small houseboat (LOVE to fish) or small house in the woods with some body of water near to a large city (cannot be too far from a city) and just live till I die. ( unless the e-cig business I want to start takes off)

I don't care if the place is not any larger than this condo as long as I can afford electricity and internet. Our basic needs could be met easily and cheaply and we would lack for nothing we want.

The tiny house idea might be right where it's at. Hmm I wonder if I could build a bunch like modules and connect them together.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
What about this;
Bike tiny house

or this;
mobile bike homes and supermarket trolly house

I was looking into tiny portable homes myself a while back, not to live in ordinarily but incase of shtf. Some of the designs are quite creative.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Basically its a modified Camper

All the amenities on a camper bed/platform that can be towed anywhere you go for work or travel

You will still have to pay for the utilities (unless there is a solution for free utilities)

Nevertheless, its a good concept on consolidating house space design just like any other concept cars.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
He better not gain weight or he's not going to fit in his house!
I can't understand why anyone would want to live in a cramped place like that. Why would he even waste the amount of money he did to furnish it?

Maybe he always wanted a playhouse when he was little and his parents could never afford to build him one. So now he's living out his childhood dream.

He better plan on remaining single because 2 people living in that house would really get on someones nerves. Having kids would drive you to a mental ward.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I have to agree, he will never have a lot of friends over for a party or something because there's no room. He never can collect anything, no books, no dvds, no cds, no video games - because there's no space. He will never have proper furniture, because there's no space and if he gains weight he can forget about showering in that small place. And i rather have a nice big fireplace than that small thing cramped between two small....whatever those ugly seat-things are. And judging from the wardrobe he basically has to wear the clothes more than one day because there's not enough room to have clothes for one week

There's absolute no quality of living in those 'houses'.

I've seen a lot of those videos about small houses and it looks like it's the latest fad but i wonder how long people can live in basically a jail cell until they grow sick and tired of having no room to store stuff and not even be able to turn around properly in the 'rooms'.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
We build little houses all the time for the poor in Mexico...

A loft house is prefabricated in church parking lots in the US and assembled in Mexico in a day. Though not luxurious by any definition, a loft house gives some basic protection and shelter from the elements. A loft house is a 12-foot by 12-foot structure with 4 windows, a lockable door and a second story attic loft for sleeping that is reached by an interior ladder. The kit-house consists of prefabbed panels made from simple building materials, widely available at most home improvement warehouses: 2x4s, 2x6s, plywood and tar paper roofing. The house has a raised wooden floor, covered with linoleum, built on concrete piers. This speeds construction time by eliminating extra days to pour and cure a cement slab. Work teams can build loft houses on lots that would not be suitable for slab construction. For less than $3,000.00 , these homes exhibit a visible testimony to the love of Jesus to the new home owners and their entire community.

If you want to build a little place consider doing it for someone that actually needs shelter

Hands of Mercy Website

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Seriously.....

Lj01 girlfriend's mom's dog......lol just kidding about the dog...........Just put money down on ten acres and bought a portable shed with a loft and made it her "cabin." She's crazy though. She bought a horse and does'nt have her water hooked up yet.......It is a plastic storage tank.

I would'nt mind digging a hole and making a small underground house.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Talk about being efficient!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
These little houses are precious, and in more ways than one! There are some folks who will never be able to reside in one, but think of it this way- There are so many people who have had circumstances fall against them, making them homeless. There is a quiet dignity to these little places, and a kid who comes home from school would be far more proud of coming home to a mini cottage than a hotel room. The parent would feel better as well, knowing that there is a safe little house for the family, instead of a tent or broken down RV in the woods. I think that maybe, just maybe, if some brave soul collected 2 or 3 of these, hooked up to solar panels or a turbine for electricity, a well, and situate a communal garden spot close by, that the folks who took up residence while trying to get their lives and careers together would be able to find pride in themselves and so would the country as a whole, and as incomes slowly begin to collect, they would be able to move up to larger housing, letting someone else in dire straights to take up residence in their place, and find their feet as well. A pipe dream? Maybe...hell, the same thing could be done as vacation cottages close to a lake or river for fishing expeditions, hiking, hunting, or horseback riding as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
If you could add 1, 2 or 3 small bedrooms with lofts for sleeping, in addition to the loft space, and build an entire neighborhood of these, you could start putting an end to homeless for people with family's. I would imagine rent would be affordable enough some even the extreme poor. While it would be difficult for a family with children to live in a house that small, it would be better than a tent or a motel room.

Arrange a bunch of these around a central covered pole barn type shelter and you'd have a place for kids to play and people to gather.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by Praetorius

Yes I believe so...if you build them on your own. Otherwise around 50K. Did you watch the next Vid...absolutely love the guys philosphy...No work...no problem...I can build tiny houses....I work 5 days a month and live in a cool area.....OMG I love it!

You can buy a double wide with 50grand..

Cool concept but unless your building it yourself
your probably better off with buying a trailor..

Even could get a decent RV for 50grand if traveling is your thing.

I forgot it *looks cozy*
Because living frugal needs to *look* like something.
Being frugal is getting the most you can out of what you got and not wasting it.
People who would buy that *tiny house* would buy it as a luxury,(use it for camping, or something to show off) because anyone who is really frugal would not think twice about dropping 50 grand on that.
I make you a bet the guy doesn't even really live in that thing.

edit on 24-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
reply to post by WeRpeons

I have to agree, he will never have a lot of friends over for a party or something because there's no room. He never can collect anything, no books, no dvds, no cds, no video games - because there's no space. He will never have proper furniture, because there's no space and if he gains weight he can forget about showering in that small place. And i rather have a nice big fireplace than that small thing cramped between two small....whatever those ugly seat-things are. And judging from the wardrobe he basically has to wear the clothes more than one day because there's not enough room to have clothes for one week

There's absolute no quality of living in those 'houses'.

I've seen a lot of those videos about small houses and it looks like it's the latest fad but i wonder how long people can live in basically a jail cell until they grow sick and tired of having no room to store stuff and not even be able to turn around properly in the 'rooms'.

I tend to agree. I've lived in houses that small for a week at a time - it's called "camping".

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A friend of mine lived in a pick-up truck camper like that,
I also knew a guy living in his 73 galxy station wagon.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've read some posts and I can identify with some people who grew up in a box-sized place. I find it strange that the guy mentions "dusting" as an advantage because those houses are impossible to clean and generate massive amount of dust due to bad ventilation. I've lived in a "box" and some of my friends as well, and it was all but fun..... tonnes of dust per day, NO AIR, blazing heat at summer... just to mention a few "advantages"?! I don't know, each to there own I guess.
I now live in a 600 sq feet house and its awesome - I and my family built it in a minimalistic style, with stairs so steep some people won't use them. I do agree that more space means more useless stuff in it, people are "hoarders" by nature.
After seeing the first video I can even find unoptimized space
, he hasn't fully mastered the skill yet...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I love that little house, I want one

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We lived in a 300 sqft house.There is something comforting about sleeping in a loft like that.
Some of the best memories are from tight spaces.
Sometimes you can find free shipping pallets.Those make great walls and floors.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you like that you will probably like this. I saw this a while back and its really cool.A sort of "Hobbit house" All made from local natural materials with a few manufactured items for a good comfort level. You might feel like a hobbit living in this, but I bet is would be a nice home.

www.simondale.net...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is soo adorable, & I feel it's how humans should naturally live.. Compared to this most people in the west live in palaces... whats that show.. "keeping up with the kardashians"??? I mean seriously now, how much longer can we chase those greedy elites into our graves? Meanwhile millions of families in undeveloped countries live in corrugated iron shanti towns.

Originally posted by calstorm
If you could add 1, 2 or 3 small bedrooms with lofts for sleeping, in addition to the loft space, and build an entire neighborhood of these, you could start putting an end to homeless for people with family's. I would imagine rent would be affordable enough some even the extreme poor. While it would be difficult for a family with children to live in a house that small, it would be better than a tent or a motel room.

Exactly, & that would be even more adorable. I can think of so many social problems that could be solved by this fundamental restructuring of society... &.. hmm, I don't want to sound too conspiratorial but imagine how our society would be now if we started out in this ungreedy manner & It begs the question who is to blame.. are we to believe the elites honestly lack that much foresight!? Whatever the case currently we are living in very poisonous & unstable times.. Why? Not because we lack alternative (hope!) .. it's simply because we have lacked a truly humane or truly progressive media. We are always given political (aggressive ~ divide & conqour) "news" in a tone that enforces the assumption that they are the most important issues.. Sorry it just SERIOUSLY disturbs my ,, soul (our soul) that humanity has been led down this path.... it is what is it, & we need to break free from such enforced delusions from the hypnotic media .. how many threads filled with fear do fellow atsers read every week either about the perils of financial collapse or similarly the most important political summit / debate / election in our entire history..
or threads about our coming doom and destruction or agendas of depopulation due to the (in this context very relevant) issue of overpopulation..... We & the planet would be FAR healthier than we currently are if we started treating the planet as it should be treated.. something like the garden of eden.. I want to help everyone understand that despite the light hearted nature of the video (which I am not criticising
) there is a serious potential in this to solve many issues we have for decades now been puzzling over. & it's really funny how some cultures are never going to face the problems we have created in the west such as nomadic Mongolians because of the humbling genius of their Yurt houses. Some may think this is a primitive way to to live, but just think about the fact that these people can transport their homes on horseback! It's such a shame that in the west our self-destructive and frankly aimless (well?) competitive drive has caused us to have places such as ghettos and housing projects that are like human zoo's (not because of the race of people who typically reside in those places!! - because of the behaviour ANY family would gradually adopt in such condition). Our behaviour is intrinsically linked to our environment, this has been known .. well for a long time!
sigh//

Having these kinds of down to earth & mobile houses would reverse societal decay in these ways:

- children would become healthier and more outdoor orientated (natural)
- so would the very architecture of our towns....
- families would be able to bond with each other in less confined & constricted ways.. "i need some space" "go outside" "it's raining" "oh.. well then uh, go to the communal buildings" "what" "uh, the new project we developed.. erm, yea... we dont have privatised buildings any-more... everything is free and open.. go on what are you waiting for!" "mommy is this a dream?" "no sonny this is utopia... heaven on earth" "when did this happen mommy" .. "when your ancestors started believing in me" ..."mommy i love you, we can just cuddle instead"

~Love Eternal~

edit on 24/9/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: fixed up a little hehe

edit on 24/9/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join