It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry’s bleeding heart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Last night I was watching the Republican debate and it was actually an interesting debate. Many candidates who really needed some momentum actually did pretty well but one person fell flat on his face: Rick Perry. Okay I know it is not good to dog pile on the rabbit here but there is no way not to. This man goes on stage in the Republican Party debates and makes blunders, which you can recover from, but then sticks strongly to one point of his record that he should darn well have known would not be applauded yet it came out of his mouth anyway.

When he pats himself on the back over giving in state tuition to children of illegal immigrants, he screwed up big. But where he really shot himself in the foot is when he said “you don’t have a heart”. My God, who told him to say that?! If that was something scripted he needs to fire that moron quick! Yet I have a suspicion it was not something conjured up by his team backstage it was something that he really believed and it came from the heart.

That is exactly where the problem lies. Anyone who knows Conservative politics understands that it champions itself as the antithesis of the ‘bleeding heart’ Liberal. This sentiment can even be noted with Ronald Reagan regarding Tip O’Neill when he joked about receiving a Valentine’s Day card from Tip; “I knew it was from Tip, because the heart was bleeding.”

What this shows about Perry is that without a doubt Rick Perry is Mr. Neocon. You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig. The Neoconservative philosophy and sentiment stems from its left affiliations in the 1950s and 60s when the soon-to-be leaders of the movement were receiving their education in sociology classes alongside the traditional liberal academics. They were bleeding hearts too, the idea of politically correct attitudes and dehumanization of their opponents. It is the same old song-and-dance pushed upon the Conservatives by Liberals on the Left, they nail us with “you don’t support programs for the poor, you are heartless” or “you hate Obama because he is black”.

These are emotional attacks/responses which have no factual evidence and spring from the heart where it is naturally in opposition to the head. Rick Perry has shown himself to be of the Liberal mindset, that is far worse than to be a liberal leaning politician like Romney and should scare the hell out of Conservatives. If this man holds on and proves himself to be some conservative hero that proves the end of true conservatism in this country; Conservatives would be no better than Liberals.

Alright then slick Rick the Neocon Bilderberg pr---, I have no heart but at least I have a brain.

www.salon.com...
motherjones.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Fast forward to paid shills and lobbyists... Those are your two choices now.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Perry's statement regarding illegals is in part to the large hispanic population that contributes
to his career, you can't alienate the Mexicans in Texas.You seem to entertain some pretty
twisted logic, our governor is hardly a liberal thank you. Why is it that conservatives elect morons
and blame it on liberals? Don't conservatives have control of the way they vote, I heard this same
bs excuse with the last guy, Perry is exactly what mainstream conservatism is all about in the
center of the country, god, guns, business and more business.

edit on 23-9-2011 by mastahunta because: (mistake)

edit on 23-9-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well that clears up the audience response during the debates -- good old cold blooded conservatism. Something to be proud of.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Well that clears up the audience response during the debates -- good old cold blooded conservatism. Something to be proud of.

I bet the audience was paid and selected by FOX

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Yep, he screwed up big time, and unfortunately for him, that turd won't flush any time soon.
He just gave the others a bat to him over the head with.

Truth is, no candidate has ALL the answers and solutions we can all be happy with so they are all gonna make blunders. Some candidate may not be able recover from their self inflicted blunders.
In the end it's all about weighing the issues and unemployed folks won't care about illegals getting an education if a good job is finally on the horizon.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Conservatives would be no better than Liberals.

I think many would argue that we are well past this point and currently "Conservatives" are already no better than "Liberals".

top topics

join