It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend has not recieved confermation email to become ats member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hope this is the right place for this post.

My friend wants to become part of ATS but when he tried to sign up he never got his email conformation from ATS with his password enclosed. He has checked multiple times and has even tried the process of recovering his username, but when he did ATS said his name exists and would send him an email with the name in it. He has also not gotten this email and is beginning to wonder if something is wrong with gmail, not ATS. He gave me permission to get his password from you guys, if possible, so he could at least log on and then not have to worry about receiving emails again. His username is chemistryadapt, and strongly wishes to keep the name (no one else appears to have it).

Please help, as it would suck to deny a potential contributor to ATS

Thanks, let me know what can be done!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I suggest asking him to check his spam mail perhaps? Gmail tends to put a lot of non-spam items in the spam folder.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah he did check there, yet nothing from ATS was in there. Also, he is receiving emails from everything else of his knowledge--including my own.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Can any mods help with this situation? I think it may be the only way to resolve this problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Maybe he made a mistake while typing his email-address.
I had that once on another forum and I had to make a new account.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

tell him to ask for a new password it worked instantly for me
let me know if this was helpful

edit on 24-9-2011 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Just for the record, I registered using my main email account which is Gmail and I had no problems whatsoever. The confirmation email with my temporary password landed in my Inbox, not in my Spam box.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

welcome to your new home enjoy

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Thanks very much. I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs and navigate through the website. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself too badly before I get the hang of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Yeah that is possible, no doubt. But the how would something like that be fixed??

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Wow... we had tried that before and it gave us an error. I couldn't remember exactly what it said so we just did it again to see if we could write down what it had said before... and it worked!

Thank you very much, such an easy fix, but we probably wouldn't have tried it again because it failed to work the first times, but glad we did!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

i am very glad it worked. it is great to be on.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
tell him to ask for a new password it worked instantly for me
let me know if this was helpful

WORked for me

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

we figured it out. it just was not letting us do it for some reason to begin with.

top topics

join