It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens and Deadly Weapons S03E09 (22/9-2011)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This Episode concerns the possible weapons of the Ancient Aliens.

From the invention of fire, which many cultures claim we learned from the gods (ancient aliens). They also claim that mans advancement from stone tools to metal weapons in the bronze age was taught to us from the aliens. Steel swords was invented later, the first steel swords was considered magical because of its strength.

We are introduced to Hercules living shield. This episode also makes a brief visit to Japan and their sword craftsmanship. Next the episode moves on and talk about the sword of Joan of Arc, the sword in the stone and excalibur. Excalibur supposedly emitted lightning and power when used.

The emperor Constantin of Rome was given “the Greek fire” from angels in the sky. The description of Greek fire remind me a little of Thermite. Hannibal the Conqueror used chemical bombs hundreds of years before gunpowder was invented.

Last part in this episode concern the Indian Mahabarata. Here they talk about Unmanned flights, powerful lasers, homing missiles, motion detection weapons, heat seeking missiles, cluster bombs, nerve gas, cloaking technology and nuclear bombs. The episode end in Cambodia where Ancient Aliens try to predict some of humans future weapons. Among these weapons are a light saber, plasma weapons and laser type weapons.

We all know Ancient Alien's got a lot of guessing in the series. You don’t have to post this, because we already know that. Go to a tread about the serie's validity if you got that kind of comments.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Just saw this one, some interesting stuff, but also an unusually high amount of straw-grasping present unfortunately. Episode 6: Ancient Engineers is still my personal favourite.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'll need to watch the video before commenting further, but I got a little interested about Greek Fire, a few years ago.

It burned on water, even more than on land. The Greeks had a canon that could fire this "liquid fire" in any direction.
They had a portable "gun" to fire it on enemy troops, and had also closed containers filled with it that could be thrown by hands; in other words, grenades!!!

The Ancients had more than we usually think, in terms of technological applications.

But I never found a mention about Constantin receiving it from the Angels. Do you have a link to that story?

I remember it was a secret guarded much in the way the Coca-Cola recipe is, which explains why no one knows for sure what the Greek Fire was made of, today.

See you later!

Here is a wikipedia link for Greek Fire.
edit on 23-9-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I watched about 30-40 minutes of it lastnight. What really caught my attention was the possibility of heat seeking arrows. Also the fact of how gunpowder is created using coal and sulfide. Which back in that day was very hard to come by.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Sorry all i mention in the initial post is from this episode but i believe they mention it two times.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
The Ancients had more than we usually think, in terms of technological applications.

Ah, thats for sure. Just look at Antikythera Mechanism. Ingenius, even by today's engineering standards. And we only found ONE, which was made with such precision, clearly indicating that it wasn't prototype.
edit on 23-9-2011 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This episode was fairly meh.

Why would any starfaring or interdimensionally travelling entities be interested in the proper art of Japanese swordmaking?
"Um, we came thousands of light years across space and time to tell you, you're doing it wrong with that there sword..."

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wow they really were grasping at straws in this episode. Claiming that mythical charecters like King Arthur had something to do with Aliens.. Whats next ? Harry potter ?

They ask : "how did the Chinese know the exact proportions to mix to make gunpowder?"
The simple answer is they didn't! they were looking for the elixir of life for 100's maybe 1000's of years by randomly mixing 1000's of different types of rare chemicals and then stumbled across it by accident. The nitrates might have been rare but they had discovered how to make their own by using human pee and horse dung (a secret eventually sold to the British). Even when they did discover it they didn't really know how to use it effectively. It was the west that eventually turned it into decent guns and bombs.

Ive never heard that "Hannibal the Conqueror used chemical bombs" before. I cant find any info about it on google either.

Still ..kinda fun to watch though as always.

edit on 23-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm astonished as to how they're trying to decimate, or at least depreciate, the human intellect and ingenuity. Seems to be getting worse as the season progresses.

I guess by their thinking, they would never conceive of wiping themselves if their parents didn't teach them, and if the aliens didn't teach our civilization about it some thousand years ago. Yup. Thank's for that bit of info aliens, for that I am grateful.

Besides that it's a good watch, if only for the places they visit.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
just finished watching

sorta funny that most think that the 'stories' are just that..and that the similarities to what we now know as modern weapons are just a stroke of good luck while writing a fairy tail......what are those chances?!

and the weaponry was pretty much used out in the open..no black ops projects ect...which brings me to a question...if highly advanced weaponry tech is real...what is the point of never using it or using it so sparringly that it is of no real use in the real world.......pause for effect........or ...our world

spend billions of dollars on high teck weaponry just to line the pockets of some indviduals..i dont know...i would think at some point somebody would say ..hay, we now have this real cool super weapon so do as we say...sort like the law..laws are written and sheople follow..cops carry tazers and guns and mace and batons..do as we say or we will use our cool stuff...

randomness......it has a place but it seems to be the answer to every question that requires a leap of conscienceness

humanity is ripe for control and those that dont want to be controled,...well we have all these cool new weapons to try so, hay..resist...

with high tech weaponry that is never truly used to its potential...is it real just about money in somebodies pocket?!? the 64thoundsand dollar question

edit on 23-9-2011 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Most of it is straw grasping indeed.

The reason for highly advanced ancient weapons is because cultures everywhere had different resources. Greek fire could be made due to resources that were found there but fewer elswhere. Also, Japanse swords didn't really hit high quality until the 18th century. By then Europe stopped making swords in large numbers for actual fieldcombat and had gunpowder. So the Japanese could simply enjoy taking over their own swordmaking with that of western technology and invented superior craftmanship. The swords in japan made at the 12th centruy were often as crappy as their European counterparts. When those Japanese swords did became superior Europe started to phase them out in favour of early guns and cannons.

Ancient Aliens would most likely even if they had visited at those not-so-ancient times not delivered weapons to our species. They would either want us to be weak or strife for soceity without war. The notion of our race self defending is unfounded. Most species can build sun destroyers that upset the core fusion process in a sun to destroy the sun and the first three to five planets of a solar system. if they wanted us gone we would have been so a long time before we had build any type of defense that could actually do something. even the weapons now are hopeless toys that make no where near any chance against an alien armada. Those nukes of your race? Childstoys. Space hurles more dangerous radiation and explosives at a cargo freighter carring vegtables then our entire nuclear arsenal can. Independence day? don't make me laugh, a nuclear missle would not even scrath the exterior of spacetravelling vessle that travels between solarsystems.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Next season I'm buying shots for everytime the guy with the funny hair comes on. SHOT!! or George Noory says it MUST HAVE been .... SHOT!!

Watching now OP thanks S&F

top topics

join