It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We Go Again: Gitmo Back in the News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said the Obama administration is doing everything it can to shut down the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, before the 2012 presidential elections. Speaking Tuesday at the European Parliament, Holder said the administration is focused on closing the controversial facility “as quickly as possible, recognizing that we will face substantial pressure,” The Associated Press reports. He added that the effort to shutter the detention facility would continue even after the 2012 elections if they can’t shut it down before then. “We will be pressing for the closure of the facility between now and then—and after that election, we will try to close it as well,” Holder said. “Some people have made this a political issue without looking at, I think, the real benefits that would flow from the closure of the facility.”

blog.american.com...

heard this in 2008,2009,2010, and now 2011 no no ats readers not so fast "closed within a YEAR" which means what?

just in time for 2012 elections failing polls numbers,failing policies, really the greatest failure of leadership this country has ever known.

the goal to fire up his "base" yeah that base who saw him kill bin laden,wage war on pakistan,liyba,yemen and somalia.

my opinion just another poltical stunt to get the people talking about this and not looking at what else is going on at the moment.

i really do have to give the current potus credit where credit is due indeed this has been the most transparent adminstration of the past decade.

i and many other people have seen through that facade from the get go.

what say you ats?

edit on 22-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Complete concurrence on my behalf...

This is classic misdirection.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

my opinion just another poltical stunt to get the people talking about this and not looking at what else is going on at the moment.
IMO this is the type of thing that the media should be talking about, and all of the other petty stories like Casey Anthony or the satellite that's falling to Earth are there to keep the blinders on and keep people from seeing what's going on in the world.
edit on 22-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Has Obama considered calling them and telling them to close it? He is the Commander in chief. Is he not?

Oh, that's right. No teleprompter to walk him through it. Sorry, my bad.

S&F. And agreed. More misdirection.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Yep, you nailed that one.

I get so sick of the gimmicks and other distractions in the MSM. With the amount of s@%t that really goes down it's just not helpful to be reading about s#$t like new versions of facebook, or is that palm ?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Covering their backsides for the elections. Nothing more.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama has dug himself into the biggest hole imaginable. I mean say what you want about the left's politics, but he has failed to appease his own supporters. He is simply unrealistic when it comes to the issues at hand (as is the GOP). I have heard people talk about "lame duck" presidents, but Bush and Obama take the cake. I shudder to think how historians of the future will view the first couple decades of the 21st century.

Of all the promises Obama made, I honestly believed that he would close Gitmo because of the controversies. But I should have known better than to believe another assembly line politician.

I wonder what he will do to skate this around his base. I can imagine him attempting to rename Gitmo, call it the "Peace Rehabilitation Facility" or something stupid like that. Hey while were at it lets rename Homeland Security agents "Care Creators" and defense contractor mercenaries "Rainbow Warriors", make it sound all nice and fluffy for the extremist progressives.

Oh how the Union has fallen...

top topics

join