It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frightening! Mysterious illness hits Portland school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Source

Approximately 50 students from Buff Bay High School in Portland had to seek emergency medical aid yesterday after suffering from a mysterious illness, which last night continued to baffle personnel at the town's health clinic.

Up until late yesterday afternoon, at least 20 of the approximately 50 ill students, many of whom were suffering from fainting spells and showed signs of hysteria, were still being treated at the Buff Bay Health Clinic by a team of Cuban doctors.

"Even now, my granddaughter has not spoken," said Naomi Fagan, grandmother of Samantha Cann, who was among the students rushed to the clinic. "She is unable to walk and had to be assisted by a porter, who whisked her away in a wheelchair. It is total confusion and we haven't been told what caused the dizziness and fainting spells."

Crazy stuff.

I looked around here for this and found nothing so if it is here my apologies.

This is quite a big deal. The fact this is happening to school children is a big deal and hopefully everything comes out okay when all is said and done.

If my child went to school and came home unable to speak or walk, well, all I can say is the better be doing their best to figure out what the hell is going on.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd say if it's a virus it's something that effects neurologically obviously, which would indeed be terrifying, the dizziness and fainting spells/hysteria almost sound like a biochem hazard though.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What the hell is going on over there ? Sounds like chemicals to me........still a biohazard
edit on 22-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by predator0187

That's really scary...
Line 2..don't know what else to say.

link   
OMG! What the hell is going on there? Very strange indeed.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wow...
Don't eat school lunch? Yeah...not likely a food origin. That would be more internal stomach/intestinal...
What kind of disease would be airborne and have those symptoms? Scary that so many of them caught it.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Maybe experimenting with drugs?

Symptoms of speed or something similar.

Then again maybe it's just a reaction to some aerial chemical spraying that has recently taken place...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, it was a high school...maybe they all huffed something that messed them up.

I remember those days. Just sayin'.

P.S. No. I never did that, but I know people who did. It would mess them up good.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Ventessa because: P.S. added.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

... the approximately 50 ill students, many of whom were suffering from fainting spells and showed signs of hysteria, were still being treated at the Buff Bay Health Clinic by a team of Cuban doctors.

Well, there's your problem right there! Cuban doctors in Portand? Anyone else scratching their heads at that one?

EDIT: Nevermind, this is in Jamaica. Why is this news? Those Caribbean kids are always doing goofy stuff.
edit on 9/22/2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wow...now that is some scary stuff. Sounds like a virus or some type of parasite causing encephalitis (from the water possibly)???

Keep us posted!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Sounds like Carbon Monoxide poisoning to me

www.emedicinehealth.com... Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms

The symptoms certainly seem to fit the description of what happened...was there not enough ventilation and some kind of leak from an old heating system or tank or something.

A very scary time for the parents...I hope they get to the bottom of this!

Peace
Jools

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Really? You're going to pull the race card? Get a life...

Mods, I'll gladly stick my nose in the corner for this one.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa

Really? You're going to pull the race card? Get a life...

Mods, I'll gladly stick my nose in the corner for this one.

I was making a joke because I thought it was Portland, Oregon, USA, and I thought it was strange that they'd being worked on by doctors from Cuba.

After clicking the link I realized my mistake. It wasn't racist, it was a geographic distance joke, joke being what silly outfit would fly in doctors from 5000 miles away when they have local doctors who could do the job?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

rjrnewsonline.com...
so not they are trying to say it is because they are just to crowded and 119 was called by a prankster or they would not even have been taken to the clinic!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thats crazy!! i'll be in jamaica on sunday, i hope ( as well as the kids getting better of course) that its a localised issue!
edit on 22-9-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

Like paint or a gas leak, i really would like to avoid some nasty fainting virus if possible!
edit on 22-9-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Still not a very funny joke. Sorry.

Back on topic..
I still think it sounds like they huffed, or something was released in the air.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Ventessa because: bad grammar... oopsies!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This reminds me of a bioweapon I read about within the past year (sorry for no links) created by the American government. They said it "zombified" a population in order to passify a population. Any fans of Firefly will recall the episode "Trash" featured a noble that was involved with a program in which they would use a similar weapon in order to loot the town freely.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
maybe they have been poisoned by something..
hope they are ok.........

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

Approximately 50 students from Buff Bay High School in Portland had to seek emergency medical aid yesterday after suffering from a mysterious illness, which last night continued to baffle personnel at the town's health clinic.

Up until late yesterday afternoon, at least 20 of the approximately 50 ill students, many of whom were suffering from fainting spells and showed signs of hysteria, were still being treated at the Buff Bay Health Clinic by a team of Cuban doctors.

"Even now, my granddaughter has not spoken," said Naomi Fagan, grandmother of Samantha Cann, who was among the students rushed to the clinic. "She is unable to walk and had to be assisted by a porter, who whisked her away in a wheelchair. It is total confusion and we haven't been told what caused the dizziness and fainting spells."

Crazy stuff.

I looked around here for this and found nothing so if it is here my apologies.

This is quite a big deal. The fact this is happening to school children is a big deal and hopefully everything comes out okay when all is said and done.

If my child went to school and came home unable to speak or walk, well, all I can say is the better be doing their best to figure out what the hell is going on.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

Smilar case happend in Angola about six months ago. check this out: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-9-2011 by voyger2 because: coorection

top topics

<<   2 >>

join