It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think of Doom and Gloomers as Moshe the Beadle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
To those of you who have read the book Night, you know where I'm going with this. For those of you who haven't, please read on.

It really stuns me the way debunkers/naysayers are always assuming that people who speak of doom and gloom are fearful and crazy. I say we're realists.

Doom and gloomers realize that modern day society is not special. We are not more protected from disaster than the Atlanteans were. Wise people understand and are able to comprehend that just because we are smarter than the dinosaurs does not mean that we are capable of surviving a cataclysmic event. I suppose the residents of Pompei thought their daily lives were never going to be altered either.

Wake up, folks! We're not immune to our civilization being destroyed either. Even the mighty T-Rex who was at the top of the food chain was not immune. Humans aren't either.

Doom and Gloomers are feeling something ominous in their gut and feel compelled to sound a warning the only way they know how. We find it impossible to remain silent. I can't speak for anyone else, but keeping silent about the things I'm noticing would be akin to committing murder. If I knew that a horrible crime was about to be committed and lives were going to be lost, I would not remain silent. Keeping silent would make me an accomplice. I believe that people who sense that something is on the horizon are the ones who are most in tune with nature. They still possess the sixth sense that animals still use. If you do not have this sixth sense, you have probably become desensitized and complacent by the luxuries of our current civilization.

Past civilizations were dependant upon nature's signs to prepare them for what was coming down the pike. This was not done out of fear, but an ingrained need for survival. Death is nothing to fear. If you are fearing death, you may have done things in your life that you're not proud of and the thought of what may be on the other side frightens you.

It is egotistical and unrealistic to believe that our civilization is immune to total destruction. Change happens whether you want it to or not. Just as debunkers and naysayers claim that Doom and Gloomers want something bad to happen is a cop out. Of course we don't. We truly can't help communicating what we're feeling and the patterns we're noticing in society and nature.

Think of the book Night by Elie Wiesel.

Night can be read as an attack against silence. So many times in the work, evil is perpetuated by a silent lack of resistance or—as in the case of Moshe’s warnings—by ignoring reports of evil.

One of the most significant characters in the book is Moshe the Beadle. He knows what the Nazis are planning and tries to warn everyone. Moshe is laughed at and ridiculed for his warnings by EVERYONE.

People who speak of the world ending as we know it to exist today are acting as modern day Moshe the Beadles. Laugh at us if you want, but we only want to help because we're concerned about humanity and have a strong sense of survival. Laugh and ridicule all you want, but you truly aren't accomplishing anything. You're only hurting yourself. When people are scared, their reaction is to scream or laugh. I do neither. I'm quite relaxed and at peace with myself.

Here are the Spark Notes for Night if anyone wants a quick overview of the book because your life is way too busy to slow down and think rationally about what may be around the next bend.
www.sparknotes.com...

To all the Moshes on ATS and elsewhere, keep sounding the alarm and ignore the laughter. The worst that can happen is to be wrong and that is nothing to fear or be ashamed of either.

new topics

join