It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email Shows Anti-Palin Author McGinniss, Random House Likely Published Literary Hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We've all heard about the book that paints Palin in a very bad light. We saw the ATS threads and many questioned the legitimacy of the McGinniss' claims. Now, we have an email sent from McGinnis that clearly states that he had no evidence to corroborate any of his claims. So, the man who set up shop next to the Palin home and stalked the family appears to be yet another dime store novel writer.

The awful launch week for the over-hyped, expected bestseller The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin, by controversial author Joe McGinniss, just got worse. Much worse.

After a week of universally scathing pans from the reflexively anti-Palin establishment media, McGinniss now faces the fight of his literary life: the accusation that he seems to have knowingly submitted a book to his publisher, Crown/Random House, that was filled with unproved “tawdry gossip” and rumors that lacked “factual evidence.”

The MSM ran with this story like the Olympic torch.

In the email below, sent in January of 2011, McGinniss reveals that his manuscript, then under legal review at Crown/Random House, could not prove its most headline-grabbing allegations. And yet, many of these “salacious stories” that lacked “proof” (in McGinniss’s own words) ended up in the book, and on televisions everywhere during the author’s current media tour … without proper sourcing, and without any apparent new evidence to support them.

The Email says it all

To: Jesse Griffin
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:15 PM
Subject: I have to ask you for help

Jesse–

Legal review of my manuscript is underway and here’s my problem: no one has ever offered documentation of any of the lurid stories about the Palins. Shailey Tripp is the latest example.

APD and Sarah have denied that Todd had any involvement with her. To my knowledge, no one has provided any evidence that he did. TheEnquirer cites AlaskaWTF, which in turn cites the Enquirer: what good is that? I’m also told that the Enquirer is preparing to back off this story and save face by denouncing Ms. Tripp as an unreliable source who promised documentation she couldn’t provide.

She may be mentally unstable and prone to fabrication, delusion, or both. Her joint may be called Blue Hands Massage (brrrrr!), but she’s no Monica Lewinsky with a blue dress with a semen stain, that’s for sure.

Please read for the rest of the sordid details
biggovernment.com...-336 536

None of the claims have any substance yet the book was published and publicized. McGinnis wanted desperately to tell the truth according to the email. He just could NOT find it. Zilch!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So, basically, I can write a book about someone famous, not have any proof of my allegations and possibly make a ton of money?
Sign me up!
If he really didn't want to do it, he should not have wrote it.
This is ridiculous, but really not all that surprising.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You should cross post this in those anti-Palin threads.

Good catch.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Of course you can. If your sources wishes to remain anonymous then so be it. Also writing crap about famous people is pretty much a standard practice in any place that has freedom of speech.
edit on 22/9/2011 by PsykoOps because: reply to

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
So, basically, I can write a book about someone famous, not have any proof of my allegations and possibly make a ton of money?
Sign me up!

Jerome Corsi does it regularly.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So, can we expect retractions now from the OP's and chief posters of the Palin smear threads based on this "book" by this "so-called author"?

You all know who you are ...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Sign me up!

Jerome Corsi does it regularly.

Corsi at least has credible names and affidavits and even some documents. He just needs a court that will actually allow for the exploration of evidence. Obama's own book is evidence enough of contradiction and doubt not to mention his own words and those of his wife. Enough of the sidetrack...

McGinnis has this problem (in his own words)

Neither from you, the Enquirer, AlaskaWTF, palingates.com or anyone else, have I seen a credible, identified source backing any of the salacious stories about the Palin family.

Thus–as Random House lawyers are already pointing out to me–nothing I can cite other than my own reporting rises above the level of tawdry gossip. The proof is always just around the corner, but that’s a corner nobody has been able to turn. Maybe Jeff Dunn has, in which case I’ll be the first to congratulate him. But frankly, at this point, I’m tired of it, and I’ve run out of time.

No one has ever provided factual evidence that:

a) Todd had sex with a hooker, or with anyone else outside his marriage.

b) Sarah had an affair with Brad Hanson, or anyone else.

c) Track was a druggie who enlisted in the army to avoid a jail term. Or that he vandalized Wasilla school buses.

d) Willow was involved in the vandalism of the empty house in Meadow Lakes. Or that Sarah rushed back from Hawaii to put the lid on that.

e) Trig is not Sarah’s natural born child.

f) Bristol was promiscuous as a high schooler and drank and used drugs, or became pregnant again after Tripp’s birth.

biggovernment.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
facts dont matter never has

only the perception of them.

when a people never question anything they are ever told

that really says something about their character

the fundamental lack of it.

too many people will latch on to anything and everything to justify their own viewpoints

and they will fight tooth and nail to keep those beleifs

because they are sheep and they couldnt formulate one original thought to save their lives.

this is who we argue daily with.

my 2 cents

i think mcguiness is in love with the woman myself or just want to cash on off palin

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of slander.

OP, SnF for you. Great find! I have not heard this yet. Im not a huge Palin fan but I always doubted these "facts" as true.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I cant write a book saying this guy is total [insert crude adjectives] etc. but if I write and I say I have source that says this then it's all fair. Of course you dont have to frase it like that

edit on 22/9/2011 by PsykoOps because: special characters format

join