It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to say NO! Veto of Palestine Bid!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well folks, I guess Obama is going to veto the vote.

source:

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 22-9-2011 by Jerisa because: Clarify

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Not everyone is up to speed on the situation, it could be a vote for what kind of salad they are eating in the white house, for all one knows...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
You may want to elaborate on what vote you are referring to... it's a bit (totally) unclear. Upon reading the article it's obvious but I just think that with important news like Barack Obama vetoing Palestinian UN bid you should make it more clear so that everyone knows what a big deal it is!

edit on 9/22/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

P.S. I think Obama is being a real word-I-cannot-say with this.
edit on 9/22/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This is a disaster for Obama.

He has to vote 'yes' and he has to vote 'no'. He is choosing 'no'. It will possibly lead to the most violent outcome but he thinks it will keep him in his job.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

You're right. I wish he would just do the right thing rather than the thing that benefits him. It's not really about him, it's about Palestine and being liberated from oppression. I suppose both options will lead to violence but it seems that the more humane thing to do is to let Palestine be its own country, just for the dignity's sake.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
yeah "peace sure is hard work" when you veto the palistinians

im shocked really shocked upon reading that article they were making it out like they were the problem

meh
two thumbs down on my worthless meter

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I don't think I am going to feel comfortable about anything here until this week officially ends for U.N. Business and then probably through the weekend as well. Too many things are in play and we only see a parts of it. Some reports say Abbas is absolute, he is going for it and now others say he's quite happy to just submit the paperwork and let the vote slide well into the future. It's just too uncertain and I get the impression no one outside the direct participants (maybe not even them) really know what is happening at the moment.

Any way one looks at it though, Obama has been a weasel. He's repeatedly gone publicly asking for things only to be turned down. When does a President ever make public assumptions or requests they don't know the answer to with about a 99% certainty? Overall, Obama has taken about the weakest positions possible with relation to EITHER side of this whole thing, right on down the line. Shameful...it really is. It's also unthinkably dangerous in that part of the world. Whatever side someone is one, a position with total clarity and strength is what Obama needed to show here.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Obama and the us government have their collective testicles clutched in the firm grasp of aipac and the corporate multinationals. Are you guys really surprised this sorry puppet and all others in both parties would once again deny the Palestinians? Sickening.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

just watched this on TV. Very disappointed to say the lest. SOLD OUT

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
sad day.

looks like palestine is going to just be wiped off the face of the earth with more genocide from isreal then.... with continued full US support.

those poor #ing people

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
And this guy stands up in the UN and says peace 5 freaking times. What a two faced liar. Doesnt surprise me, he bangs on about Human Rights but he will not recognise Palestinian Human Rights.. Disgusting to say the least,

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A Veto is the only solution to the impasse of talks between Palestine and Israel.

With a Veto, the Palestinians will have to go back to the negotiation table, along with war mongering Hamas and sort out their differences with Israel.

Without a Veto but a Yes vote, it will still leave the palestine issue unresolved, and will only lead to further bloodshed as each side DO have valid reasons to hold their ground. Palestinians already have the support of the world and yet, they and the Israelis could not still find a common ground.

With a Yes vote, it will still be back to square one, and worse, would not only have alienated the most powerful nation and its majority of people today, it would have alienated many more mankind around the world whom had supported Palestinian dreams.

Mankind is tired of wars and economic debacle. The last thing they want is to see another round of bloodshed inflicted upon fellow human brothers and sisters in the middle east, regardless of innocent Palestinians or Israelis. We are all only one family and the only one humankind on Earth, to share.

The vote for nationhood will have to wait, till issues are satisfactorily resolved, or the killings will never end...

1. Are the settlers in Palestine terrority giving problems? There is no problem at all and easily solved. They only claim for gains, having settled there, build up community and homes. The new state of Palestine can just let them stay, recognize their land holdings, but they will become Palestinains forthwith, saluting and pledging allegience to the new state of Palestine and its secular constitution with respect and freedom for ALL religions, a land for the weary to live in peace. Abbas is no theoracraut.. It is not a subtantial amount of land and can be SHARED by all.

2. Hamas must respect Abbas as the titular leader of Palestine, demobalize its troops and let the Fatah elected legislative form the new arm forces to protect its state, as well as seek for peaceful co-existance, not only with Israel, but to its neighbours and the world.

As long as Hamas continues to act individually, create national and international tensions, Mankind will never trust a new palestinian state.

Some of the world leaders at UN MAY vote to accept Palestine as a new state today. These leaders may claim legitimacy of being representatives of their sovereign people in their own nations. But when bloodshed occurs amongst our fellow human Palestinian and Israeli brothers and sisters, those leaders whom voted Yes can and will be booted out, in time, for failure to comprehend the issue better to make an informed choice.

May Abbas carefully considers. The Arab spring is still warm, but was not for Palestinian statehood, only for their own democracy only after witnessing bloodshed by their leaders and armies, just as the innocent unarmed palestinian and israelis had witnessed bloodshed by the terrorists of Hamas and retalitorial strikes by Israelite military....

new topics

top topics

join