It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the Human Race be better off if So Many Lies Weren't Fed to Them From the Start???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I ask this due to all the problems humans have faced and wonder if any feel the species would be better of if they weren't lied to by fellow species as well as potential "OTHERS". Also if you can please post some of the species MAJOR PROBLEMS from your Point of View. Also please share any reasons justifying the lies. Thanks in advance

I think as stated in the OP less LIES would of help make this a more beautiful developed species.

edit on 9/21/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/9/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in portion of title

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

What lies are you referring to? be helpful if you could list some, preferably proven ones.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

lies:
1 Earth inhabitants are alone
2 The misguided great books deception done to ALL religions of MAJOR of today
3 It ok to KILL to force your religion then it is to share and influence compassionatly
4 REAL REASONS FOR MANY MANY MANY WARS.....
to start

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I hate lies too, no one should of ever lied...

But of course, some unproven knowledge ( or hidden ) will be viewed differently by different people.
When I was very young, my family was pretty religious. It might have been lies, but it's what they believed, so I don't think they meant to be liars...whatever the truth is.

I don't think most people that educate want to tell lies, it's just what they know.
The truth about occultism, history, science is hidden from most people. It shouldn't be that way, but a lot of the bearers are greedy and like the sense of superiority it gives them. To laugh at us "cattle".

It's disgusting I tell you that!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
lies:
The misguided great books deception done to ALL religions of MAJOR of today

You are so right! But, like in my post, this knowledge is not shared...

Most knowledge we get from the start comes from our families, it's not their intentions to lie to us.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

I don't think most people that educate want to tell lies, it's just what they know.
The truth about occultism, history, science is hidden from most people. It shouldn't be that way, but a lot of the bearers are greedy and like the sense of superiority it gives them. To laugh at us "cattle".

I agree I just dont see how they couldnt want the species they represent to advance overALL. Very selfish, but 1 wonders is there a reason for secrecy.

@Most knowledge we get from the start comes from our families, it's not their intentions to lie to us.

I agree with this aswell

Thanks

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Hmmm....How about the little white lies?

I can't see you, but I'm sure those pants you are wearing do in fact make you look fatter.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

LIES that have forced this species to cut its own throat. Those lies?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I apologize for being facetious. I’m in a unusually good mood today.

However, I would say that lies all start with us as individuals. Looking to blame others for what you thought is a sign of weakness in my opinion.

People need to think for themselves and not believe everything that is put out there. But that will never happen. Some people are content to be led.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yes but you get it from day you enter school so its not their fault. I was taught Earth was a heavy filled magma ball, just sayen I was taught otherwise also so this is what I mean..

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Lies:

1- Your soul needs to be saved - religions alright, to each their own, but keep my soul away from your religion. The trouble isnt from religion itself, its from people thinking they're "doing God's work" by inflicting soul-saving religions onto people who already have a working belief system. Besides, isnt "doing God's work" a sin? To think you're as good as God or can even do God's work is pride right, a sin in manr religions.

2- Its ok for the rich to take the profits you make for them - This is absurd. For a man to make 100 times more money another person means they should have worked 100 more jobs, right? Instead, we have one man, who employes 100 people. For some reason, that one person is the rightful theif of those 100 people's labor power.

3- Some people are just better than you - Hierarchy, classism, racism all stem from this belief.

4- Representative Democracy. - Elect this guy because and speaks for you. He's better than you and smarter than you. This obviously doesn't work. Those that seek power do not deserve power. We have "representatives" because the rich won't let us have complete power over our own lives. Political offices should be like jury duty - randomly filled from the public. We're capable enough to sentence a man to death in a jury but we're incapable of governing ourselves in political office? Yeah right.

5- Life was unbearably hard before capitalism - It was harder but not as hard as capitalists make it seem. Division of labor is nice but capitalism didnt invent it. Capitalism invented the super rich criminal class. Thanks for that. It was hard, not unbearable. Climate control ain't all that great anyways.

6 - You can't do it. You gotta be an expert first - Whatever it is, you can do it. Expertise is such a bull# way to keep people from acheiving. It excludes the amatuer from the discussion. To be an expert means that you fit the peg in the hole really, really well but don't necessarily do anything new or creative. Like the Grammy's. The true originality comes from amatuers.

7- You need to have superiors and can't govern yourself - Lies to keep the rich in power and disempower the poor. We can run ourselves just fine without criminal influence from the rich. Kinda goes with #4
edit on 21-9-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I don't think of myself as being cynical. But I always question....pretty much everything. I have my standards ehics, marals and sense of honor, but I still question them and ask my self, "Is it enough."

People were once put to death for believing the world was anything other than flat. Now we know otherwise.

You have to expose the truth, to expose the lies. It's a constant fight.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Thank you for laying them out clear.
I really just had a vision yesterday that the species would of been way better off if there werent so many lies guiding the paths here. Kept thinking its a beautiful species that can progress but the lies hold the species back. Also acknowledged the potential that some lies may be told to get better results. For ex: If life was a learning experience for souls its understood why the lies exist to force out our true intents here why learning. Sorta like a lwaless world would cause the cream of the crop to rise who wouldnt take advantage since no laws exist.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Things Human beings live on

Food

Water

Love

Spirituality

Food is poisoned by those in power, shortening our life cycle to a minimum 50-60 years.

Water has been polluted by fluoride.

Love is hardly found these days, people confuse Lust with love.

Spirituality is starting to grow, but years ago it was hardly ever seen nor promoted as it is now. Starseeds, Ascension etc.

To put it short, it is a lesson humanity should learn as a whole, everything happens for a reason. I see all the lies and deceit as a way to evolve and see past those lies and watch our minds become more independent. If none of this would have happened, I guess in a way we would be free to explore and, perhaps be more happy. But then Humanity would never learn it's lesson on what the consequences would be had they never took on the road we are in now.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that Darkness is necessary for evolution. Maybe that was part of the creators master plan.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
I guess what I am trying to say here is that Darkness is necessary for evolution. Maybe that was part of the creators master plan.

BALANCE, I understand you thanks for sharing that. Still could things have been learned just as well with the truth? Boundries of what to do and not too, it just feels like the lies keep everyone running in circles.

thanks again

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

BALANCE, I understand you thanks for sharing that. Still could things have been learned just as well with the truth? Boundries of what to do and not too, it just feels like the lies keep everyone running in circles.

thanks again

Human beings by nature are hard headed. We tend to think everything is alright until push comes to shove. When we become comfortable, we do not like going out of our comfort zone. It would take something quite big to bring humanity out of their comfort zone and force them to think outside the box. When we think outside the box that is when evolution occurs.

The sad thing is most people here see only two options. Black and white but they never take a look at a possible third or fourth option. What about gray? Or blue? Ps: S me if u agree with mah posts ^^

edit on 21-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

lies:
1 Earth inhabitants are alone
2 The misguided great books deception done to ALL religions of MAJOR of today
3 It ok to KILL to force your religion then it is to share and influence compassionatly
4 REAL REASONS FOR MANY MANY MANY WARS.....
to start

And many would say that you have been lied to yourself.
Are you saying that I LIE when I believe that there are no ETs visiting this planet? That the Bible is the Word of God? My point is this - you too have been influenced by your world. I would't dream of calling you a liar because you hold those beliefs, but I could say that you may have been lied to and you don't realise. That works two ways, me too.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Your name is the first lie you take on board.
From that naming comes the illusion of separation.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
And many would say that you have been lied to yourself.

Oh no I have been lied to various times.

Are you saying that I LIE when I believe that there are no ETs visiting this planet?

No just that its a lie to think humans are alone-- in 3d

That the Bible is the Word of God? My point is this - you too have been influenced by your world. I would't dream of calling you a liar because you hold those beliefs, but I could say that you may have been lied to and you don't realise. That works two ways, me too.

Again I have been lied too. I am speaking of those who spread the lies for me and you to trust. Thanks for your input and questions

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I can understand that but can you be more clear. Are you saying if we had our REAL names it would help lessen the issues?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join