It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud noise being heard in Kentucky, possibly right now!

page: 1p
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I just came across this post on the facebook profile of one of my local news channels:

LEX-18 Morning Crew here. Winchester Police and Fire crews are attempting to find the source of the loud roaring noise going on in Clark County. There are reports the noise may be due to a gas line leak. There have been no evacuations issued for the area. The sound is being heard in neighboring counties. We have a crew on the scene and we will have the very latest for you throughout the morning and today on Sunrise.

Link is here: WLEX 18

Anyone in Kentucky hearing this? It says it could be due to a leak in a gas line, but would that be heard several counties away? I checked and I'm personally not hearing this here myself, but thought someone else might want to take a peak outside and see if it can be heard. Wonder if this is the mysterious noise being heard around the world? For all I know, it could be something completely mundane, but the fact that the noise is spanning a few counties is a bit suspicious.

Here is the link to their website: www.lex18.com...

Mods, sorry if I posted somewhere inappropriate that will cause you to have to move this.

edit on 9/21/2011 by gemineye because: add website link

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I actually started to hear something after i read your post (it could be my imagination)

Its almost 6:30 here in the UK so it could be a milk float i can here. Although, it does sound very strange like a rumbling sound

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Possibly so! I hope there are some locals that can check it out and hopefully record it if it is still going on. I'd hop in my car and go record it myself, but it would be too long of a drive for what might be a wild goose chase.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Didn't see anything about the noise but it did say the earthquake was a false alarm and not real. Now that I find interesting combined with the noises!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Reading the FB posts it appears to be a gas line rupture.Nothing on front page of LEX web site though...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I just found this on their fb:

Report from Montgomery Co 911: There have been several reports of houses shaking and a loud roaring noise throughout the area due to the pipeline rupture. There is no immediate danger to anyone in Montgomery County, just an unsettling nuisance. Our 911 and administrative lines have been overwhelmed, please unless you see fire or smell natural gas in your location, refrain from calling 911 about this situation in Montgomery County while this incident is being resolved, thank you.

So they are saying it IS a gas line, I suppose. Are pipeline ruptures that are bad enough to shake houses really not an immediate danger? It says they shut it off, so maybe it's not a problem. I don't know. Maybe there's nothing weird going on here after all.
edit on 9/21/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by Doodle19815

I just found this on their fb:

Report from Montgomery Co 911: There have been several reports of houses shaking and a loud roaring noise throughout the area due to the pipeline rupture. There is no immediate danger to anyone in Montgomery County, just an unsettling nuisance. Our 911 and administrative lines have been overwhelmed, please unless you see fire or smell natural gas in your location, refrain from calling 911 about this situation in Montgomery County while this incident is being resolved, thank you.

So they are saying it IS a gas line, I suppose. Are pipeline ruptures that are bad enough to shake houses really not an immediate danger? It says they shut it off, so maybe it's not a problem. I don't know. Maybe there's nothing weird going on here after all.
edit on 9/21/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

No maybe not. But you have brought to light the rumbling sounds that seem to be witnessed by millions worldwide

edit on 21-9-2011 by Johnny76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

The trumpets are sounding. It won't be long now. Are you ready for the ride?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Stay safe everyone.

I was curious to see if there were any nuclear plants in the area...according to this link there are not any in Kentucky.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I'm in central KY, and I haven't heard any such noises. However, on FB, at the WKYT page, some people are commenting and one person said her house shook for an hour. I guess we'll find out soon what it is. Even a highway has been closed down, but news reports don't say why the highway was shut down.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Sounds like it could be more of THIS?

That line in your link runs right down the Appalachian mountain range which is a major fault line on the edge of a tectonic plate. Earthquakes and people screaming up out of hell as the earth opens to release their cries.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by consciousgod

The trumpets are sounding. It won't be long now. Are you ready for the ride?

I'm ready for it, see you there

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Earthquakes and people screaming up out of hell as the earth opens to release their cries.

You would be talking about spirit people right, since they are dead? Their bodies would be in the grave, so it must be their spirits we hear screaming (didn't know we could hear spirits so well). Since they are spirit, why don't they just fly out of hell through the ground, since they are intangible?

edit on 21-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Earthquakes and people screaming up out of hell as the earth opens to release their cries.

You would be talking about spirit people right, since they are dead? Their bodies would be in the grave, so it must be their spirits we hear screaming (didn't know we could hear spirits so well). Since they are spirit, why don't they just fly out of hell through the ground, since they are intangible?

edit on 21-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

I was being fascitious...jokes are lost on you.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This makes me think immediately about "cavitation."

www.science20.com...

There is a group of ATSers currently researching this and other related phenomena. Pretty sure that they would agree... These sounds are not a good sign.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oh no, that is where my family lives -
some of them, others in a county
near by. Most are probably at work
right now so I can't call them. I hope
they find the source and fix things.
Have to go back and read as I
posted after reading the OP's first
post. There is a military base close
by that houses old chemical bombs
and such from WWII. Its always been
a concern, hope nothing happened
there.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am in a neighboring county and I can not say that I have heard anything, but I will keep my ears open.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Anyone here in Lexington or
Paris?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Heard a roar of varying strength from 9:11 to 9:20 (approx) in St Louis Missouri. It sounded like a plane's afterburner, then got softer, then reintensified. Def sounded like gas explosion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join