It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you depending/hoping for SHTF?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There are a lot of people out there who have either heard about or believe in a coming global catastrophic, SHTF event. 2012 is when many think this event will occur. Some doubt it. Some see the world around them and consider an economic based collapse of society may be possible. Others believe what is to come is something beyond man made; something esoteric that has been predicted.

To talk to those who believe, at least in the possibility, one will find various categories of how they accept their belief. There are preppers who want to situate themselves to weather any storm. There are even spiritualist, who try to prepare themselves and others for the shift. Despite the angle believes approach 2012 or SHTF, a great deal of them seem eager for such event to occur. Some want to prove themselves, some see a coming individual enlightenment, some just want to see it all end.

If your a believer, where do you stand?

I am one who believes something is coming, something profound. I don't know if it will be deadly or amazing. I think either way its a win-win. If we cross into some higher density and humanity is enlightened, good for all. If the magnetic poles shift and a solar flare wipes out humanity, good riddance. If it is as simple as society collapsing in on its corruption and the people rising up and reclaiming morality, responsibility and liberty, amen!

Either way, I realized that I am depending on a 2012 SHTF situation. I hope for something, preferably the destruction of the plant, but I would accept anything. I just can't conceive of life going on AS IS, beyond the next year or two. This is the only hope I have in life. It's all that really keeps me going; waiting on a major change in humanity or to witness its extinction. If by 2015 we are still living our pathetic existence with no real promise of an event occurring, I don't know how I will cope with that mentally.

Is anyone else down to a 2012 SHTF situation being their last hope? If so, how might you deal with it if/when nothing happens?
edit on 20-9-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Not sure if id like an 'end of the world as we know it' event to happen. But id love it if we had a (friendly) visit by ETs, something to change our way of life for the better.

IF an apocolyptic event was to happen I think id be mentally prepared for it though.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
the more and more i learn, and the more and more i watch all the evil that goes on in this world the more and more i HOPE for something profound and big to happen to completely change our way of life.

it may sound masochistic but i hope it will happen so we can separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I think with the internet, satellite tv and every other form of media that people have been exposed to so much and considered more about a SHTF situation than ever before. Because of this and some of the more major events of the past decade (9-11, mass casualty tsunamis and earthquakes,) more people are prepared to deal with some major event, to include meeting ET.

There is nothing that would surprise or scare me for a SHTF event. Humanity and existing with things as they are are the only thing that cause me any fear.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The earth will cleanse itself and start everything over again. Welcome to the great cycle

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am certainly mentally prepared for just about anything to happen. I also feel that there is a great change coming but i just don' know what. Being a former Infantry Marine, i can handle just about any situation. I do also feel that no matter what it is that happens, it will lead to a better future for all humans on this planet. Now, I do think alot about what I will do if nothing happens. I'd say that if by 2013/2014 nothing happens, I will be taking my family out of the US, and finding somewhere to live where we can provide our own resources and live humbely and queitly without the threat of outside influence. Anyway thats my take on the situation, hope it helps. Best of luck to all ATS'rs through these trials and tribulations of human life on planet Earth.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

IF an apocolyptic event was to happen I think id be mentally prepared for it though.

...because you have a beard?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Beard does not exist in my vocabulary

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hoping or depending, no. I think the correct word for me is waiting. You know, you throw enough stones into a pond and eventually, they will reach the surface.

I believe something is coming, but I don't think it is negative. Negative or positive is up to the person when the time comes.

Lately, I have noticed that people are more willing to talk about things that they would not dare speak of before. I notice this at work, at school, even outside my apartment. For example, yesterday I heard two gentlemen at a table talk about 2012 and how they thought it would be a new age for mankind. That blew my mind away.

Either way, even if a catastrophe happens, I believe in the phoenix. From time to time a phoenix must burn up and shed it's ashes to be reborn.
I don't fear any of the possible events. No, what I fear more than ANY natural disaster, alien invasion, milk man rebellion, dimensional collapse, black holes, ect.. Is the idea of my children and your children living in this slave society, quiet in their oppression as we have.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
I believe something is coming, but I don't think it is negative. Negative or positive is up to the person when the time comes.
I don't fear any of the possible events. No, what I fear more than ANY natural disaster, alien invasion, milk man rebellion, dimensional collapse, black holes, ect.. Is the idea of my children and your children living in this slave society, quiet in their oppression as we have.

So if 5+ years were to pass and we are still raising kids in a slave society and no major change in humanity or the planet has occurred, will you still be holding out for something? What would you feel or do if you were to realize that nothing significant was coming?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I would teach them with an open mind. If nothing can save us, then we need to start saving ourselves. It's funny though, the way things are going right now.. perhaps the values I teach my kids will be considered terrorism during their time.

However, I have a gut feeling that something is going to happen. I don't know why, and I'm usually not vocal about it, but somehow it feels like a feeling of memory. If that makes any sense.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I love reading all the different takes and angles. However i take it all with a grain of salt, regardless of how compelling, amazing or horrific it may seem. Though i think if anything happens it will be a good thing aka "The Golden Age".

Regardless of whatever my opinion on these apparent events is, i always look back on our ancient history, for our ancestors had amazing astronomical knowledge, and clearly left signs in their architecture and culture, be it religious, mythological or technological. Something happened in ancient times, everything has cycles, on a cosmic and atomic scale. If these events happened before, they will happen again.

The truth is almost an impossible target, so the best you can do is approach everything with an open mind, accepting all answers and all sides until only one possibility of truth remains.

Is anyone else down to a 2012 SHTF situation being their last hope? If so, how might you deal with it if/when nothing happens?

While i do in fact hope for some change, it is only that, hope. I think of everything i've read about these events to be life changing. They have completely changed the way i think about life, in the best possible way.

If/When nothing happens is when i will begin a new direction, simply put, i would make the remainder of my life dedicated to freedom of the people. Do you really think we're free?
edit on 20-9-2011 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

...because you have a beard?

pfftttt, beard, neck beard ftw!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

We're in a Catch-22 situation. We have an inherently "evil" and patently corrupt group pulling all the strings based on differing levels of greed and avarice in their army of puppets, handlers and antagonists. We want rid of these scumbags but most don't necessarily want anarchy. Since any "vacuum" needs to be filled, a power vacuum during such a period of turmoil and anarchy would produce unknown leadership. I think it's safe to say that whomever tries to take control wouldn't be all koom-bi-ya, they would be more like Ghengis Khan on your @ss. It's amazing what people will do to gain or keep power, they'll go all postal on you to get what they want. And you do realize that when "democracy" fails through civil unrest or revolution, the result is a totalitarian regime or dictatorship, we're almost there now.

Since most people are either apathetic, naturally afraid and "followers" they want a calm and known situation. Hence, the 13% critical thinkers are not going to be able to easily overcome the 87% that are sleepwalking into oblivion.

I would personally like to see the present socio/economic/political system deconstructed, regardless of outcome. I think somebody needs to push that big red reset button because if we stay on course with the present @ssclowns in power, we'll all be looking back at the good 'ole days of 2011 when we were JUST debt slaves.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm with ya... I want something to happen, in any form. Global anarchy, NWO, friendly-ET enlightenment, malevolent ET annihilation, earth impact by comet/asteroid/moon/planet, plague, famine, mana from heaven, free beer for life... Pretty much anything I can imagine would be *at the least* more interesting than the state of things now. Wrote a whole album of music on the dichotomy of my mind in terms of wanting both destruction and peace (see signature, *shameless self plug* - STAK - Half of Me)

BUT

I know, based on life experience, that the mere fact that I hope for such things means that they will NEVER happen because that would be too easy. Nothing is ever easy.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenthuin
I know, based on life experience, that the mere fact that I hope for such things means that they will NEVER happen because that would be too easy.

I share this exact same fear. I hope I can figure out how to deal with 'nothing' before it happens.

edit: nice tunes btw
edit on 20-9-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hmm...do Iwant something to happen - NO. Do I think something is going to happen - YES. What "it" is I do not know. There are so many different things going on in the world that it could end up being...financial collapse, major earth changing event (possibly a major quake), talk of alien invasions, martial law, the list is endless.

This past 9 months alone we have had a glimpse of what could be to come. Thousands displaced by tornado's, and flooding in the mid-west. Record snowfall in the Northern Hemosphere leading to record flooding. Airports changing their run way signs because magnetic North has changed dramatically. Tornado's in the United States where tornados don't usually happen as well as Canada, Major drought in the south. Wild fires in the south and mid-west. . Nuclear plant issues. Earth Quakes in unusual places. People are unable to find work, unemployment is running out. Lot's of middle class Americans are loosing their jobs and then their homes. There is talk of a food shortage. The list goes on, and on.

Do I want "something" to happen, not at all. But things are already tail spinning out of control. What is going to stop it? When America is in this bad of shape, who is going to be able to fix it? It's like what they say about an alcoholic - until they hit bottom.......

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

NO because I will succeed no matter what happens.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Maybe having nothing happen is what will be enough motivation to get people to make necessary changes. I just think people will continue to take their destruction.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I just finished reading a great book about one of the ways America could be taken down...just about forever...they way everyone is used to anyways...it is called, " One Second After". Great book. Deals with 3 nukes detonated over American soil that would cause an EMP to take out every comfort of life and how a small town deals with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join