It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you won the lottery, would you bitch about the taxes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Seriously.

I would'nt.

Would you?

PS. Sorry about the B word in the headline. It was the only thing I could think of that fits properly

Well, would you?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
totally yes..!!!!!!!! I would be biggest bitch of all..ya know

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I was just reading a thread and I saw someone bitching about taxes on free money

I have to go to bed soon.......After i beat the kids
Just kidding

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
DAMN STRAIGHT!
2nd

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I would collect my cash let them have the taxes that initially come out of it. And a World Traveler I would become!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
On general principles, yeah it would bother me quite a bit. If I win 1 million dollars, I WANT 1 million dollars, considering it's the state giving it to me in the first place. Why should I have to settle for 2/3rd (less actually) of what the state said the lottery pays? Actual dollars? naww.... How much IS enough for average folk like us? There is that principle though.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
nope id gladly take my free money...tax away and then i can be happy with all my goodies im gonna get tax'd on when i purchase!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

Canadian lotteries aren't taxed on the winnings

Only on the bank interest made from making good investments with the winnings.

Q: Are lottery winnings taxable?

A: No. All cash and merchandise prizes paid by WCLC are tax-free within Canada. However, prizes with an annuity option (for games such as PAYDAY) may have tax implications if the annuity is selected.

www.wclc.com...

So no bitchin here

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hell no!! Complaining about loosing money you never had in the first place is just retarded.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
consider this

you just won 100 million dollars alright

no you didnt

lost 50 million immediately if you took the cash option

and you would still end up with around 50 million if even if you didnt

remember now your not a millionaire what you have is what?

50 million dollars.

what do you do with it then? invest it?

money markets returns would be abismal
mutal funds same
stocks same thing as playing the lottery
park in a savings account abismal returns.

alot of people would end right back up from where they started look up the history of lottery winners and see how much they have left.

this isnt the country it use to be its not even close

and yeah i would bitch about taxes crazy not to when you dont care about even 1 dollar

its game over

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I would complain about it. Cash option probably nets you half of the advertised jackpot (the advertised jackpot is based on you taking an annuity, which involves buying federal treasury bonds and the estimated interest you'll earn), then you're charged federal income tax at 25% or more.

100 million = 50 million - 25% = 37.5 million.

Uncle Sam rapes the piss out of you. They will get their share any way possible.

That doesn't include state income tax, if your state charges it for lottery winnings (mine doesn't).

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No way.
Who's going to complain about getting 37 million dollars for a dollar(assuming 100 million jackpot)?
Bitter, angry people, people who would still be angry even if they got 37 million dollars for free, that's who.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I would too,

Where I am from you're pretty much paying 50% on any gaming winnings, or if you are in the highest tax bracket. So if you were to take the lump sum on 100 million the state/gaming already takes half right off the bat leaves you with 50 million, then they tax you another 50% so you have 25 million. Now lets say you have 10 close family members you want to help out pay for kids college etc so you give ten of the closest a million, take half of that from them, even though they already taxed you on that money, it's now someone elses income boom they just got another 5 million. Now also consider a Big House nice car maybe property or real estate to start a business taxed taxed taxed Basically, from 100 million the government has taken anywhere from 78-85% depending on how generous you are and business goals. Ya that pisses me off, because I guarantee, if the would allow me to keep that extra 80 million I would change the lives of more people and create a business that hires more people than the government could. No I don't deserve the money, but neither do they. Do they put up their own money to gamble, do they take any risk, no. Would they allow a private company do the same thing they do? No. They just "Rape" all the benefits.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Snorkelbacon

I forgot to mention I would still be flippen ecstatic if I won though.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Snorkelbacon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
definately wouldnt get too estactics about it

whole new set of problems that come with it

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
definately wouldnt get too estactics about it

whole new set of problems that come with it

I would love to have these money problems.

I would give it a try.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

like having your family members trying to off is just one of the many many examples

its not all champagne drinks and caviar dreams

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No but the bills would be paid.........

10-20 acres of woods, solar, wind, geothermal, and enough for property taxes forever(I hope)..............

I do not need a $60,000 car.......15 g's would do for that............

LJ01 has never made over 26 grand a year........I could make 35 million last.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Lets see, invest a dollar, get lucky, win 100 mil, settle out to 36mil......I can live on it, do not need a mansion (I sure as heck am not going to clean it) and buy a top of the line economy car lol set up a college fund for the kid then just relax

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Would I bitch? Hell no!

Consider this:

I just spent, what, one dollar? Now I am 1,000,000 richer. So, I give the government 45-50%. Ok, so I;m not a millionaire, but I'm still $499,999 richer than I was before I coughed up a measly dollar....probably for the 1000th time (if I actually played that suckers game).

<<   2 >>

join