It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Doomsday enthusiasts:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The World is ending and you want to hide it from the people to quench panic (POTUS):

You...

1. Mention the fact that the President will be in a city that is known to have underground bases.
2. Tell the people the President will be in Maui on a beach somewhere...

Lately people have been using Obama's visit to Denver as "Proof" or some "Evidence" that he is trying to protect himself, "in the secret underground bases at Denver airport".

Let's forget the airport issue for a second. Just think about the implications of the Official office travelling anywhere. If the Government was lying about a doomsday event, my question is:

If they are willing to lie about everyone dying, are they not willing to lie about the itinerary of public officials?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I would tell them I was scuba diving off the coast of Brazil.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'd just pretend to be "assassinated" and go to Brazil, the rest is history.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good question, maybe they will move him somewhere else? Who knows? Honestly, I find the argument of the president going to Denver as proof of something happening a very weak one.

Why in the world would they tell people who are about to die where the president is going? What happens if indeed a catastrophe takes place and people end up surviving? Yeah, they are going straight to Denver to release their rage. At that point, the people who are not worried about surviving the aftermath would have nothing to lose.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe they want people who are watching closely to be prepared?
The sheep won't see anything coming, but those who are awake will?
I really had to go out on a limb with this semblance of a defense...You're probably right.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

He could just be checking out the accommodations for the near future. Trying to see if it is three star, two star or no star. The bunkers could be a dump. Do they have an underground classroom? Remember he is a family man.

What about a swimming pool and basketball court? And so on.------------

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

We could take this a step further, maybe the Denver airport thing is a double bluff, just a thought. I also wonder if mr and mrs john smith ordinary folk now about Denver.
You have a very good point though. s+f

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Maybe they want people who are watching closely to be prepared?
The sheep won't see anything coming, but those who are awake will?
I really had to go out on a limb with this semblance of a defense...You're probably right.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I suppose that would imply they are inviting all the conspiracy theorists to join them? Somehow I don't think that would be the first pick of people to spend a long period of time with, in an underground bunker...

More likely to find politicians hiding out in this bunker.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In reply to the last question in the OP, I think that the government would lie to us about just about anything. Frankly I wonder if they ever tell the truth.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I never did believe in the end of the world, but you do have a point =P

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

What about a swimming pool and basketball court? And so on.------------

you forgot the golf course.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

A strange question should be answered with more questions.

Who believes the world is ending? the average man on the street or conspiracy theorists

how many of the average man knows of the active underground bases?

how many other people around the world care where your president goes?

So the question itself can be asked of doomsday enthusiests, but it would not answer the question without an unbiased answer.

new topics

top topics

join