It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings and All Hail ATS. An Introduction and a Thank You (plus some artwork too)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I would like to introduce myself to this community, but more importantly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the amazing inspiration you have given to me. THANK YOU ATS MEMBERS. I am an artist/designer and I have been visiting this site for the past 3 or 4 years now. I joined last year, but never made a post. -Guess I was far more interested in perusing the wide array of topics than contributing to them- my apologies.

It was through this site that I was able to put many things into perspective. I was initially drawn here because of the good old alien topics, but quickly began exploring the vast topics and resources. It was through this exploration that I was introduced to Robert Anton Wilson. It was through the discovery of this incredible individual, and my many trips to China and Tibet that I created a body of work titled Daixin's 8-Circuit Path to Light. This series took me about a year to complete, and since ATS was responsible for putting me on this path, I would like to share the series with you all now. Before I do I would like to throw out a big salute to Protoplasmic Traveler- you are an amazing researcher, your thread "All Roads Lead to Rome"...just an incredible piece of work, thank you so much

So...here we go... (The introduction)

Consciousness Change...

I created this installation to explore the concept of the human being as an energy system. This system is comprised of several energy centers that resonate with specific frequencies, commonly referred to as Chakras.

Our energy systems are affected by our environment, programmed if you will by innumerable factors, including the constant barrage by media in contemporary society. This programming can be problematic for all aspects of our lives. It influences the energy we are drawn to, that we transmit, that we receive.

While researching this topic I came across the work of author and philosopher Robert Anton Wilson. He theorizes that we are an 8-circuit being governed by imprints we receive upon these circuits, based on our experiences in life.

These programs, can be rewritten by a process known as reimprinting.

Many aspects of this model resonated with me, due to the strong synergy with Tibetan Buddhism, Gnosticism, and the Hindu Chakra system. I set out to create an installation that blended aspects of these belief systems into one narrative journey through the circuits, offering a creative remedy to imprinting dilemma.

Through this I came to realize that the process I undertook to create this installation was a fine method for reimprinting, or as I like to think of it, for healing. I am blessed to have a wonderful wife who has shared this experience with me, and she is your guide through this 8-circuit path to light.

Circuit 1

The first circuit is characterized as an “acute imprint vulnerability period”(RAW), a forward and backward, 1-dimensional motion on a red Monday. Each Chakra point is commonly associated with a specific color. In Wilson’s 8-circiut model, each Chakra corresponds to a day of the week. This first circuit, the root Chakra, represents a newborn’s first experience with the world. Immediately after birth, the newborn bonds with the mother and receives nourishment and her protection. At this point the child gains his or her first imprint from the world.

Circuit 2

“The second circuit, the emotional-territorial networks of the brain, is concerned entirely with the power of politics”.(RAW) This second Chakra is the feeling circuit, an up and down, two-dimensional motion on an orange Tuesday. This is the point in life where one begins to develop opinions and feelings towards people and the world. I like this, I don’t like that is the basic polarity associated with this circuit. It is also associated with the war god and, therefore, the planet Mars.

Circuit 3

Enter symbolism and formation of 3-dimensional space. The Third Circuit, or Chakra, is a right-left, 3-dimensional motion on a yellow Wednesday. “The third semantic circuit handles artifacts and makes a “map” (reality tunnel) which can be passed on to others…(RAW)”

Circuit 4

This fourth “circuit is activated and imprinted at adolescence, when the DNA awakens the sexual apparatus(RAW)." The heart Chakra is a green Thursday, and the last circuit of the “everyday life system”, that is, we operate our daily lives in the first, second, third and fourth circuits. This is the guilt center of our body where “almost everybody, almost everywhere, is quite busy hiding their real sexual profile and miming the ‘accepted sex role’ for their gender in their tribe.”(RAW), which is a torturous existence to say the least. It is fitting that this circuit is really the gateway, to the higher circuits.

Circuit 5

The fifth Chakra is a holistic experience in our mind where we can stand in awe of everything, “A hedonistic turn-on occurs, a rapturous amusement…a break from the compulsions of the previous four circuits”(RAW), and we sense our place in that moment and in the world. This is a turquoise Friday of the throat. I have found this experience to be a release, a freedom and the first expression of our higher self.

Circuit 6

The Third Eye, the Sixth Circuit, opens on an indigo blue Saturday- “when the nervous system begins to receive signals from within the individual neuron—from RNA-DNA “dialogue,” the nuerogenetic feedback system.”(RAW)

The sixth Chakra is a concept I had addressed several times in the past in my art. It addresses the idea of mastery of the mind, as a computer system bursting with electricity. This piece represented true clarity and an understanding of the nature of things and the thunderous bolt of enlightenment, symbolized by the Vajra and the bell in Tibetan Buddhism.

Circuit 7

Take refuge in the Three Jewels, the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangna...Enter the Seventh Circuit, the Crown Chakra, and the brilliant violet Sunday of the Buddha- mind. ..."The meta-programming circuit-known as the “soul” in Gnosticism, the “no mind” (wushin) in China, the White Light of the Void in Tibetan Buddhism, Shiva-darshana in Hinduism, the True intellectual center...(RAW)"

Circuit 8

Out of time and, an infinite Chakra point, shared by everyone everyday. The system itself is not the end. It describes what was created. This is the essence of the eighth circuit. The architect of the system, a consciousness that exists everywhere, throughout all time, without anything, containing everything, always and forevermore…

The dark void, the white light of nothingness, the space between everything, infinitely…

------------------------------------------------------End---------------------------------------------------------

The images are taken from my little website. Each of these paintings in reality are 4x8 feet. They have been shown twice. The excerpts that accompany each of the images are taken from the thesis I wrote for this installation. It was about 80 pages

So thank you ATS. I hope you all continue to search, to discover, and to not take the BS

With kindness...

-robynpainter

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Robynpainter

Welcome to ATS! Cheers!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Robynpainter

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome to ATS from Texas
I look forward to more posts ..interesting !
Have fun and again Welcome

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
heya,
interesting art. welcome to the club

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished