It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death-row inmate Troy Davis Denied Clemency

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think someone in the 'abolish' thread said it best: the death penalty is akin to telling a child that hitting is bad and then smacking them upside the head.

More importantly, taking the life of another is just so fundamentally wrong.

My heart sinks every time I read about one of these cases.

Come on America, join the rest of us in the 21st century!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaching

Come on America, join the rest of us in the 21st century!

As George Carlin says, they're the nation built on the double standard.....

Ain't gonna happen

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think I just realized this morning that America is a nation overrun with cowards.

Every insane and violent thing we do as a country is based in cowardice.

"Tough on crime" and ignore any and all alternatives to our current system of vengeance because the politicians have to be "tough on crime" despite showing no gains for their efforts because the people are afraid of their neighbors.

The Patriot Act and military buildup and all the "security" nonsense crushing behind an iron curtain of our own is all because of fear and cowardice.

Our cops shooting anything that blinks then articulating their get of jail card as "I feared for my life" is rooted in cowardice.

Constantly "thinking of the children" and piling on policies and legislation that in the end do nothing for the children is all about cowardice.

The "war on drugs" is all about fear and cowardice.

I always thought the nut trying to explain to me why we need to invade every country on Earth to get "terrorists" was just a nut but now I believe that person is simply a coward.

I would go so far as to say those who enlist to fight "terror" are just as cowardly. A coward can be shot at and look brave if he's being shot at for a cowards cause.

The death penalty in America is a manifestation of rampant cowardice.

Almost every one of our laws, regulations, policies and elected public servants are all based in complete and utter pathetic cowardice.

They might be crazy, they might be simple sheep, but at the root it's all running on fear.

"Home of the Brave."

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

If the prosecution did not provide "beyond a reasonable doubt", then he should have not been executed.
If the say the first 2 trials proved this, then there is no issue.

The fact that people have recanted, over the course of what 22 years, then that shows the system is broken. 22 years to fulfill an execution order.

Nice.

What was the outcome of the first 2 trials.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I believe if there were any discrepencies in the case he should not have been executed or murdered or whatever you want to call it

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join