It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's gravity due to electromagnetism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by stumason

Venus, for example, has no global magnetic field but has around the same level of gravity as earth.

But you weren't paying attention.

It is only Earth's gravity which is due to electromagnetism. In other places gravity is a property of matter.
edit on 9/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Lol. That's a nice one

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Actually linked article says:

Ashwini Kumar Lal, an official with the Town and Country Planning Organisation of India's urban development ministry, has in his paper "On Planetary Electromagnetism and Gravity" said that the gravitational pull on earth and similar planets like Mars, Venus and Mercury is due to the generation of electromagnetism within their interiors.

zeenews.india.com...

I guess he isn't aware that Venus and Mars don't have planetary magnetic fields. Oh well.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Exactly, exactly. OH WELL.

Such an amazing statement would have to be supported by amazing academicism,
not on amazing flaws.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Bravo OP, I've been saying this for years.....if it wasn't for magnetism we could walk through walls and fall through the floor. Gravity IMO has always been a residual effect of electro-magnetism, a reaction from a primary action. A reactive force stemmed from a proactive force if you will.

It is this magnetism that also resonates frequency and harmonics that our living cells need for collective efficiency in the development of the human mind and perception.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

At one time Mars did in fact have a magnetosphere, only, because of the cores size it eventually stopped turning effectivly dropping its protective shield allowing it's atmosphere and land scape to turn into what we see today. It's also believed that at one time Mars sat within the same sweet spot that supports life on earth. Solar changes as our star aged may have contributed to Mars' decline as that sweet spot moved further inward.

As far as Venus not having any magnetic properties? Well, it's close enough to the sun that it could actually act as a conductor for transfer as the suns magnetic properties reach out and intertwine with earth as it does with all celestial bodies within the solar system. To simply discount a planet as not contributing to another planets energetic properties would be jumping the gun. If you look at the universe in a panned out scale it oddly resembles a nerve ending in the way that it intertwines and stretches about connecting to other planets, stars, and bodies.

So much in science is being overturned and tossed about that now and days what we thought to be correct is turning out to be false on so many levels. I try to keep an open mind as most should. It is apparent however that things are not what they seem to be that much is certain.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Lets be honest... modern science still doesn't fully understand electromagnetic fields and the laws of electricity haven't been updated for over 100 years... we understand so little about this topic

Einstien and his two obsenely intelligent friends couldn't figure this one out.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers
Bravo OP, I've been saying this for years.....if it wasn't for magnetism we could walk through walls and fall through the floor. Gravity IMO has always been a residual effect of electro-magnetism, a reaction from a primary action. A reactive force stemmed from a proactive force if you will.

You fall thru water but can walk on ice.
So does the water acquire magical electromagnetism, when it freezes?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Originally posted by BooKrackers

You fall thru water but can walk on ice.
So does the water acquire magical electromagnetism, when it freezes?

You might answer your own question... Why does water freeze?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Ok , look...the other guy is right....we don't know a whole lot and its difficult to explain without a really good visual aid....just know that electro-magnetism flows through everything including you. It is this resonance frequency produced from this charge that keeps your cells, and other cells and atoms held together....no matter the compound. In most animals to include us...it's what keeps us alive....its is our life force so to speak.

So while you may walk on ice......the resonance in the water changes altering its mass is all, but the charge is still there holding the composition of the water in place....even after it melts again. The pull and push of the magnetism side of it is why you cannot just walk through walls or fall through the floor. The frequency charge of the atoms of the wall are repelling the force of your atoms trying to move through the other form of matter creating resistance.

This has been proven on so many levels..... to assume just because this happens on a small scale that it doesn't relate to a bigger one is just as wrong as some would assert that gravity is the lone force in the galaxy. It isn't

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by stumason

Venus, for example, has no global magnetic field but has around the same level of gravity as earth.

But you weren't paying attention.

It is only Earth's gravity which is due to electromagnetism. In other places gravity is a property of matter.

Thus proving that we are unique in the universe, and therefore god must exist.

QED

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by revs0lution

Simple, elegant and entirely sensible.

Won't fly.

S&F&

...I'll get to the implications later.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Lol. So heavenly bodies without a magnetic field will possess no gravity

If its made of atoms, it has an EM field. The EM field comes from quantum spin. The movement generates the EM field similar to how EM fields are generated with fluid flow.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

You might answer your own question... Why does water freeze?

Well you go ahd and answer that, since you decided to post

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This is the most ridiculous thing i have read all day.

Get a clue people. Gravity has nothing to do with electromagnetism. Gravity is a spacetime distortion due to matter.

Do this simple experiment:

Get a large tube.

Put a magnet and a cotton ball in it.

Remove the air.

Flip the tube upside down.

You will see that both objects will fall down with the same speed. That is because gravity is a distortion, and there is no electromangetism involved.

This is a big WTF. Is humanity going back to the middle ages? will the age of reason never arrive? I am dumbfounded by this.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i dont buy it for this simple reason

last time i checked water doesn't have any magnetic or electromagnetic properties

edit on 20-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Water is a polar molecule. Water is composed of electromagnetic particles called electrons and protons.

If water didn't have EM properties, we would not be here. Our brains could not function and ice would sink. EM fields on a quantum and macro level are required for life to exist. EMF is required by living cells. It's a basic building block for life.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousgod

Originally posted by neo96
i dont buy it for this simple reason

last time i checked water doesn't have any magnetic or electromagnetic properties

edit on 20-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Water is a polar molecule. Water is composed of electromagnetic particles called electrons and protons.

If water didn't have EM properties, we would not be here. Our brains could not function and ice would sink. EM fields on a quantum and macro level are required for life to exist. EMF is required by living cells. It's a basic building block for life.

Couldnt have said it better myself......this is precisely what Im talkin bout willis..now imagine this type of reaction on a much larger scale.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Lol. So heavenly bodies without a magnetic field will possess no gravity

Better yet, a heavenly body with no MOON will possess no gravity?

It has always been my innate (?) understanding that 'gravity' comes from the core of the planet which works with the magnetic energies. Gravity has nothing to do with a (artificial?) Moon.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Gravity Of The Situation

My personal favorite theory of gravity is that it is a consequence of the metric expansion of space.

The theory suggests that the reason gravity manifests itself as acceleration is because it is, in fact, genuine acceleration, with differences in mass resulting in different rates of expansion, and therefore different magnitudes of gravitational "attraction".

It also explains the singular behavior of light which, despite being theoretically constrained to c, the speed of light in a vacuum, appears to defy its own limits when we consider the case of two flashlights shining in opposite directions: photons travel at c relative to the flashlight they originate from and photons traveling in the opposite direction.

How can that be? The universe is expanding very rapidly. Quite possibly at what we consider the speed of light to be. That constant may itself be a direct consequence of the rate of expansion; the basis for the speed of light itself.

I don't know if that's actually true or not, but such a notion seems more plausible to me than the idea that gravity is an electromagnetic effect.

Just my tuppence. YMMV.

edit on 9/23/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Not EM but electrostatic pulsing which has a greater force wave action.
All matter is composed of charged and uncharged particles.
All are affected by pressure.
There can be no body unaffected by the fine matter waves as perhaps
the Tesla Dynamic Theory of Gravity would have told us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join