It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Straw Poll Canceled due to "Lack of Interest" Conspiracy against Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

Ron Paul is riding high again after his California Straw Poll victory yesterday, but some Paul supporters are questioning why the Texas Straw Poll was cancelled for “lack of interest,” and whether it was actually killed because the Congressman would have inflicted an embarrassing defeat on Governor Rick Perry in his own state.

Was this straw poll canceled because Ron Paul would have beat Perry in his own state? How dumb do they think people are saying lack of interest? Ron Paul's popularity is exploding, the media is obsessed with the Perry/Romney feud, Bachman and the other candidates are still fighting strong. 'No interest'? Yeah right!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ron Paul is for freedom and a smaller government. I don't agree with everything Paul says but he is the only presidential candidate I would vote for ....

END THE FED
edit on 19-9-2011 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
the bigger question would be; if rick perry is such a frontrunner, why would there be a lack of interest in his own state? ron paul aside, that means someones lying
edit on 19-9-2011 by Venomilk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venomilk
the bigger question would be; if rick perry is such a frontrunner, why would there be a lack of interest in his own state? ron paul aside, that means someones lying

Right, you can't just say it's the Ron Paul fans who want to see this straw poll, the media has a vested interest in it as well from building up the Perry/Romney feud, now suddenly no one cares?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Right, you can't just say it's the Ron Paul fans who want to see this straw poll, the media has a vested interest in it as well from building up the Perry/Romney feud, now suddenly no one cares?

It is the old media flip flop. They hype something up and if it doesn't get the results they wanted, they just treat it as if it was always a non issue. This is a perfect example. They hyped up the popularity of the two "front" runners, and it didn't get the desired results, so now it's just another non issue.
What they will probably claim now is that there won't be any "real" interest until after the first quarter 2012 when the election cycle really starts to kick in. That gives them some time to come up with a new strategy.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I think when they say lack of interest, they mean they aren't interested in seeing Rick Perry get slaughtered in his own state.

Why wouldn't the candidates be interested? Do Perry and Paul not care about which one has more support in their state? IMO Perry's puppeteers weren't interested in seeing him embarassed, so they pulled the plug.

From the article:

The 2007 San Francisco straw poll was cancelled due to there being “too many Ron Paul supporters”. The Colorado straw poll was also cancelled that year, with the Adams County GOP citing the exact same reason.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This gives Ron Paul more money to influence the next straw poll.

Money well spent?

Doubtful.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Gosh I really hate to introduce a fact here but what the hell.

NEW ORLEANS — First former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney said he would skip all Republican Presidential straw polls, and now the Texas Republican Party says it won’t hold a straw poll — thanks to a lack of interest expressed by the candidates.

The state party, headed by Houston attorney Steve Munisteri, announced Thursday that its canvass of announced presidential nomination campaigners found little interest in the Texas poll or for that matter, much interest in a much-ballyhooed Florida straw poll scheduled for later this year.

The Texas party said the “lack of participants would severely hamper the party’s ability to ensure attendance and make it impossible to safeguard against a financial loss on the event.”

Now maybe you can all discuss the conspiracy of all the candidates not wanting to take part because they do not want to lose to paul but to say that this is some grand conspiracy by some grand PTB or MSM is just kind of ridiculous.

If Ron Paul was the only one who wanted to play, then he does not get to play. What would even be the point?

link

Why am I not surprised that Prisonplanet forgot to clarify who was not interested.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun

Why am I not surprised that Prisonplanet forgot to clarify who was not interested.

Why am I not surprised you showed up on a thread that that has a tie to Alex Jones?

/TOA

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Why am I not surprised you showed up on a thread that that has a tie to Alex Jones?

/TOA

Explain to me exactly what you think happened? I read the thread title and just knew it would be about Alex so I clicked on it? You suggesting I am psychic?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Gosh I really hate to introduce a fact here but what the hell.

NEW ORLEANS — First former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney said he would skip all Republican Presidential straw polls, and now the Texas Republican Party says it won’t hold a straw poll — thanks to a lack of interest expressed by the candidates.

Now maybe you can all discuss the conspiracy of all the candidates not wanting to take part because they do not want to lose to paul but to say that this is some grand conspiracy by some grand PTB or MSM is just kind of ridiculous.

If Ron Paul was the only one who wanted to play, then he does not get to play. What would even be the point?

link

The funny thing is Romney doesn't want to play because the polls are not working in his favor. If the polls were working in his favor, he would be doing every straw poll on the planet just to get his name out there. I used to think Romney was ok, but now I see he is just like the rest.
What this really says in plain text is that since one of the two media favored contenders is taking his toys and going home, now they won't let anyone play in the sandbox.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Where are the nay-sayers?
I'll be waiting....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FallenWun

So, Romney has suddenly lost interest, and now he speaks for all of them? Did Bachman announce she has lost interest? Or Cain? Or Huntsman?

I guess, if Romney finds no interest in the general election, maybe we should just skip to dictatorship because Romney says so?

Not buying that argument. Maybe if you can show me that ALL the candidates suddenly lost interest, then that would make sense, or at least all of them except Ron Paul, and that would be fine, cancel the straw poll, it would just show that they lost interest in losing.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Haha.. yeah I'd say Romney is wanting to skip the straw polls, since he's the "front runner" that hasn't won a single one of them.
My guess is that those candidates that weren't interested in the Texas straw poll were Romney and Perry, they are the only ones who haven't been benefiting from publicity. Every time they show their faces they fall further and further behind.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Texas will go for Perry, I wish it were not so. Every single person I talk to here is either voting for Perry or not voting at all.. I mention Ron Paul, and I get a blank stare. I usually defend Texans, but in this they are indefensible.

Texas is full of great people, but when it comes to electing...... Yea.. The majority are just a bunch of daft, god-fearing tards with too much time on their hands.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and the good intentions of Texans are paving our way straight to hell. Go figure.

This "lack of interest" crap stinks like, well,.. crap. It is a load. If the majority doesn't want to accept that the right person for the job is Ron Paul, then to hell with the majority.

Ron Paul is the man, I would rather see the flames from sea to shining sea than see anybody else get the gig.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Give this man a round of applause.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
The funny thing is Romney doesn't want to play because the polls are not working in his favor. If the polls were working in his favor, he would be doing every straw poll on the planet just to get his name out there. I used to think Romney was ok, but now I see he is just like the rest.
What this really says in plain text is that since one of the two media favored contenders is taking his toys and going home, now they won't let anyone play in the sandbox.

While I agree with you about Romney, I am lost as to why you believe he is the one calling the shots and again, how the media gets blamed for it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

So, Romney has suddenly lost interest, and now he speaks for all of them? Did Bachman announce she has lost interest? Or Cain? Or Huntsman?

You could read the article and do some investigating or you can assume it was just Romney. I decided to assume nothing.

I guess, if Romney finds no interest in the general election, maybe we should just skip to dictatorship because Romney says so?

Not buying that argument. Maybe if you can show me that ALL the candidates suddenly lost interest, then that would make sense, or at least all of them except Ron Paul, and that would be fine, cancel the straw poll, it would just show that they lost interest in losing.

Maybe you can show me where anything says Romney is the only one that lost interest. Not sure where you got that from exactly. If the other candidates all wanted to participate but just not Romney, you believe that is enough? No love for Rick Perry? Really?

Well, I read the facts and based my opinion off of that. You all go ahead with your assumptions and blaming the wrong people.
You should be blaming Perry, Bachman, hell EVEN RON PAUL.

Ron Paul would not have this problem if he stopped running on the Republican ticket, right?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I read the article you posted and it really only mentioned Romney and I imagine the reason the GOP in TX is against it is because their man Perry would lose..

I see no mention of Paul or anyone else being against them (it says it would save Gingrich money, but doesn't say that was his plan). I actually believe to the contrary as everyone puts Paul's name in the news, so I'm certain this isn't what he wanted. I think it is an attempt to quell Paul's rising popularity.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I read the article you posted and it really only mentioned Romney and I imagine the reason the GOP in TX is against it is because their man Perry would lose..

Did Romney change his name to "candidates?"

I see no mention of Paul or anyone else being against them (it says it would save Gingrich money, but doesn't say that was his plan). I actually believe to the contrary as everyone puts Paul's name in the news, so I'm certain this isn't what he wanted. I think it is an attempt to quell Paul's rising popularity.

Right, lack of specificity is exactly that. How you use it to assume it is just Romney when it is Perry's to lose anyway is also just that. You assuming things. Maybe you can show me where in the article is says only Romney.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join