It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For Masons

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I agree that you can't touch pitch and not be mucked, hence, replies to slander are like wrestling with the proverbial pig - you both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

I sport my ring, lapel pins and bumper stickers proudly though, I feel honor in being a Freemason, and in being affiliated with such amiable, distinguished and exemplary men as I have come to meet in the masons.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
Can you prove that you do not ?

It is a silly request really.

An absence of evidence is not proof of anything. I do not need to PROVE to you anything. It is not I that am making the accusation, it is you and folks like you, therefore, since it is your theory, it is incumbent upon YOU to provide proof.

Baseless assertions without a grounding in fact are NOT proof of anything.

And yes, it was a silly request, wasn't it....

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Masonic Light said:

Religious opposition has, at least historically, originated with the Roman Catholic Church, while Protestants have defended the Order (non-Christian religions have generally ignored the subject completely).
But in recent years, the evangelical "Religious Right" of fundamentalist Protestantism have begun to attack Freemasonry, while Catholicism has come closer to seeking a truce. I personally attribute this to the fundamentalist wing's tendency to be ignorant of history, as well as of ideas that exist outside their own plastic bubbles.

I would venture to suggest that it is far more political than anything else. You will find that those same Fundy Groups attack the Catholic Church with the same venom.

I believe its a bit of, "the enemy of my enemy."

While Masonry has refrained from verbal assaults on Catholicism, and has accepted that the Church has an objection.

Of course the Knights of Columbus would have no baring on this issue at all.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by billmcelligott]

[edit on 2-9-2004 by billmcelligott]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
SECRECY IS PARAMOUNT!! and it's not the public business

-S&C

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reel that herring in, reel, reel

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
yes, reel that herring in... we are, after all, using GADFLY as bait...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join