It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lord's Prayer in the Ancient Aramaic language

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
While researching the ancient Aramaic language I came by this gem @ www.v-a.com. It gives an audio recital of The Lord's Prayer in the language that Jesus spoke. It also provides a written text of this and an English translation of an ancient version of Jesus' Prayer.

I wanted to share this with other Christians and anyone else interested in Hebrew history and dialects. There are also many other interesting study aids at this site relating to The Bible. I think it is a healthy thing to dig down for the roots of one's belief and Faith.

The Lord's Prayer in the Ancient Aramaic language

Matthew 6:9-13 "Therefore, this is how you shall pray: Our heavenly Father, hallowed is your name. Your Kingdom is come. Your will is done, As in heaven so also on earth. Give us the bread for our daily need. And leave us serene, just as we also allowed others serenity. And do not pass us through trial, except separate us from the evil one. For yours is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory To the end of the universe, of all the universes." Amen!

Amen, brothers and sisters!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

wasnt the lords prayer made a couple of hundred years later tho?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

In my opinion it was spoken by Jesus in Galilee and written accounts surfaced slowly and surely throughout the following centuries. So, yes you are right on that account.

There are as many many theories about the origins of Christianity, from the Talmud that says He was a bastard son of a hairdresser and a wicked magician too, of course, St Paul and St Peter's Letters, or even the gnostic branches, some of which even say He was a homosexual, that He never really existed atall in the flesh, etc, etc. Take your pick!

Through the years I came to the conclusion that He is The only begotten Son of The Creator and that the gospels and letters that go to make up the written Word of The New Covenant are the most acurate historical records.

With spin one can make anything mean anything according to whatever agenda you wish. However, there is reality - that which did happen as a physical event. That is the truth. I just had a cup of tea and some digestive biscuits - that happened. I could write that down, too, as I just have. Where is my proof? I told you I did that. Do you believe me?

edit on 18-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling and clarity

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

There is a word in the Lord's prayer (epiousion) that does not appear in any Greek literature or anywhere else in the Bible. Scholars do not know what it means. It appears in the "Give us this day our daily bread" part. This is a mystery. The word, by extracting its parts, means this: super-essential

Some of the Greek and Latin Fathers thought is clearly referred to the Eucharist and surely not to ordinary food or bread. Origien for example cites how Jesus rebuked the people in John 6 for seeking bread that perishes rather than the Bread which endures unto eternal life which is Jesus’ flesh and which he will give us. (cf Origen On Prayer 27.2) St. Cyprian too, while admitting that “bread” can be understood simply, goes on to advance that the bread referred to here is more certainly Christ himself in the Eucharist
LINK

Great thread by the way.

edit on 18-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

top topics

join