It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USB Rechargeable Batteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
gajitz.com...

Running out of power in the middle of an important text, video game or picture-taking opportunity is a drag – and finding a place to charge up your USB gadgets is not always easy. The Continuance rechargeable battery concept would rescue all of your brain-dead gadgets quickly and easily, letting you finish what you started.

Even thought they are in question I think it's a great idea, and if we could get a perpetual motion recharger that would be great too.

Take a look through that web site too-Holy schnikeeze! Where did this site come from? Really really neat stuff on there. It's on my bookmarks bar. Cool

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 18/9/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

AA batteries.......whats the point? How many mobile phones, laptops or other high tech gadgets use AA batteries?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Wow that pretty cool! I like the brown mouse, that uses your movements to charge itself! Neat page thanks!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Did you even read the article? You plug them into the wall like regular rechargables, and you can use them like regular AAs. You can also provide power to other devices through the USB port. So instead of plugging your devices into the computer, you plug them into this battery.

Kinda cool IMO, though im not totally convinced they are useful

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Most immediate emergency chargers for cellphones run off of AA batteries already. That sells in stores already. What this does is takes out the "middle man" by making the battery the emergency charger.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

I did read the link, but i got side tracked with the other things on the site lol....cheers for the link...bookmarked that

I still dont see how plugging a 1.5v battery into any modern device would be helpful? You may get a few minutes of talk time...possibly (depending on the type and make of phone), but there would be no way you could turn a laptop on, log in and send an email.

What are we doing modernizing old technology? Makes no sense....why not make something that actually works instead of retro fitting old things that are inadequate?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

It's not for laptops, that I can see. Besides, the batter is charging another battery in most small devices, supposedly far more quickly than plugging it into a wall, I might add. But then, a lot of what you do with a laptop can be done on your phone right now.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have a folding, weather-proof solar charger. The solar panels charge 4 included AA batteries. The case that holds/charges the batteries is able to be plugged into just about anything, USB or otherwise, to recharge internal batteries. Also I can plug my phone directly into the solar panels and charge it that way.The 4 AA's will recharge an android smartphone to 100% in a few hours. It's pretty cool.

Goal Zero Solar Charger at REI.com

top topics

join