It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foo Fighters serenade Westboro Church protestors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I thought this was an awesome move on the part of the Foo Fighters. I know there are some who believe this gives publicity to Westboro, which deserves none, but, the "in your face" action just made me want to stand up and cheer.

The Foo Fighters struck back at picketers from the Westboro Baptist Church – by serenading them before a concert in Kansas City, Missouri.

The church, which is known for its extreme anti-homosexual views, was there to protest the band because of their songs' lyrics that refer to 'man-loving', NBC Action News reported.

But instead of ignoring them, like most of the objects of their protests do, the Foos donned wigs, hats, costumes, drove up in a flatbed truck and mocked the protestors, video shows.

Crowds of people, many of them who were there to counter-protest the Westboro Baptist Church, lined up to cheer on the band.

"I don't care if you're black or white or purple or green, whether you're Pennsylvanian or Transylvanian, whether you're Lady Gaga or Lady Antebellum, it takes all kinds," Dave Grohl, the Foo Fighter's lead singer shouted to the crowd.

As the crowd went nuts, the Westboro Baptist Church protestors stayed stoic with their signs.

Video at the link -
www.nydailynews.com...[ed itby]edit on 17-9-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I too saw this earlier today and thought the exact same thing. I was really cool to see them talking about American and how it doesn't matter if you are white, black, gay, straight or anything in between while the Westboro Church sat there with their stupid ass signs.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
They really are the fighters of foo- how cool. I think if we knew when Westboro planned to protest, the counter protestors would vastly outnumber them and drown out their disgusting attacks on usually grief stricken families.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have better things to do than protest something that doesnt matter in the first place. People will do what they want and believe what they want and it has no bearing on my life or my salvation. I will do the Lords work and feed the poor and clothe the needy and help those who are in need, i don't have the time to waste on such trivial nonsense and those brothers and sisters of mine at the protests should be the same way. Let the world do as it pleases, and i will do as my Lord pleases.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sayaangel

There are other instances where people came together to protest against Westboro, just less theatrically.

Here's an interesting site -

The 30 Best Anti-Westboro Church Protest Signs

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You kidding, on my campus (when I was in college) it was predominantly TKE and the Baptists who were the loudest (yet full of humor) counter-protesters to their protest of our fairly high gay population. Chants of "save the kid!" A WB mom brought her son out to picket at a school that had easily 500 (out of 10,000) students there to watch what happened. Most people couldn't plain take them seriously.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighter's stock continually rise with me.

They blow me away all the time. Their last album, the documentary, and now this.

I haven't enough good things to say about them! This is awesome!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Thanks for that link. I especially loved 'God Hates Signs' & 'God Loves His Silky Smooth Legs'

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I had to laugh...

I see that some Westboro Baptist Church protestors are fighting not to dance to the song.

I guess it is working? God, I hope so.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Haha - I noticed that too! Standing around all day holding a stupid sign when all the guy really wanted to do was bust a move.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Yeah after 1:17 there were two women and 1 guy wanting to dance. I am deaf but I know the effect music have on people even on me as a deaf man.

I forgot the saying about music, but basically music is one of those things that get to people's hearts.

That church is a cult really. I have made a few threads and many posts about the fact that NOWHERE in the bible does it say that homosexuality is wrong. NOWHERE.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I forgot the saying about music, but basically music is one of those things that get to people's hearts.

Yes it certainly is, which is why this whole episode screamed at me. They came back at the Westboro foolishness with musical force and a great sense of humor.

Kind of calling out the silliness of it all.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Dave Grohl is a F-ing legend!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I noticed that too!! ** Gives Dave Grohl a virtual high five** Weeeeeeeee DOGGY!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Foo Fighters have always been hit or miss for me. But after this, I'm going out and buying two of every FF cd's there is!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf AlienThat church is a cult really. I have made a few threads and many posts about the fact that NOWHERE in the bible does it say that homosexuality is wrong. NOWHERE.
1.You know, posting that is asking for link after link to the Bible, and arguement after arguement from the conservative ilk.
2. It's effectively setting up the association for folks here that 1. Westboro and 2. ALL Christians who believe that homosexuality is a sin are the same.
3. The preconditioned associations that are triggered by this thread are a deathtrap for anyone that wishes to correct you.
4. You get a false positive. Nobody can disagree with you because you are right? No! Nobody can disagree with you because they have far more to lose by BEING right.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Foo Fighters have always been hit or miss for me. But after this.........

That's basically the same way I feel about them too. If I see them performing on TV, I will stop flickin through the channels, and watch it. Same goes for the radio, but I have never actually been a big fan.

Most people just seem to become angered by these hate-filled protesters, which obviously only brings more hate. Making fun of them, is a far better counter-attack.
That was brilliant.

reply to post by impaired

Originally posted by impaired

Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighter's stock continually rise with me.

They blow me away all the time. Their last album, the documentary, and now this.

I haven't enough good things to say about them! This is awesome!

I have seen them live before, with the ...Chili Peppers, during the Californication Tour, and it was dam good show. However, as previously stated, I have just never been a very big fan. I had not heard about this documentary before. Thanks for mentioning that. I gotta watch it now. Also, I'm not very familiar with anything off of their last couple albums. Your comment makes me feel like I may have been missing out. I'm gonna have to fix that.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

That is the BEST EVER! And another reason I love the Foo Fighters so much!
I think everyone should see this. Got a smile on my face for sure this morning from this one.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I wonder when the debunkers arrive to tell Foo Fighter's didn't exist.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Oh, they exist, but this is just a false flag event to prepare us for the inevitable alien disclosure! Mr. Dave is really a gay transgender reptillian. He had to kill Kurt because he found out Tue truth!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join