It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins California GOP straw poll

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Straw poles

Straw POLL.

But in truth we would be the only country in the world doing that all countries try to protect there interests abroad.

Corporate and government interests, NOT MINE!!!!!!!! The wars we are in now are because of lies, not to protect me and mine from ANYTHING! So don't pull this crap on me. I may have been born at night but it sure as hell wasn't last night. We don't need a frakking Amerikan empire, no sir, and the peoples of the world don't want it either. His policy is NON-INTERVENTION, NOT ISOLATIONIST!!!!!! The problems of the other countries are not ours, unless you want to talk about Mexico and how we have ruined that country with our ridiculous war on drugs, one that will never, ever be won as you will NEVER stop people from getting high.

Is this really how you see the United States is this what you really want?

$400,000 and the guy died. Helluva health care system we have, eh? So my answer is yes, I want change. Actual change, not Obama propaganda type change.Fix the bloody system, not go along with it and let Big Pharma write their own health care bills.

This is why Ron Paul would never be president hes so far to the right that he has 0 chance of ever being elected. The only people that dont see this are the ones thats just as far to the right as he is.

No chance? So you can see the future and know all? Must be nice to be so narcissistic that you know all and no one else knows squat. Lastly, just for the record, I am NOT a Republican or on the right, at all. Nice assumption. Know it alls like you should have known I'm not for any party, I vote for the person.

The words are he's, that's and don't, also. Learn to spell next time you want to try and belittle me. It's called a a apostrophe and is used to contract words. A first grader should know that.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

My personal opinion of Ron Paul is....that he is a very smart man who has a lot of wisdom...and he knows the constitution...like the back of his hand. He is more intelligent than all the candidates.

However (TPTB) that head the majority of corporations... I believe are pulling the strings with MSM. They don't want Ron Paul in office ...because they know he will not be their puppet for one second! They are afraid of him and his growing popularity. I am sure they are planning his downfall as I type this. Will they succeed? I hope not.

Ron Paul gives me hope in the political sea of lies.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

These are very interesting times. Some may find them scary, but I'm hopeful. TPTB can't act like dictators, they don't have the ability to rule that way. They rely on manipulating the people, but their system is failing and the people are not happy with the establishment, which is why we're picking up so much support. It will only grow, because the chickens have come home to roost on all these false bubbles created to make the elite richer. Once somebody actually looks into his policy plans, and doesn't focus on his personal beliefs and philosophies they become supporters regardless of their political beliefs (except maybe a few neo-con hate addicts). His support is so deep that once people become part of the movement, they generally won't leave. If they harm him, I think it could potentially spark rioting and unrest and the system may get torn down anyway. Then we'll have to pick up the pieces, and start over. Either way, the status quo is unsustainable. Let's hope we give the elitists too much credit on how much they can control...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Unbelievable... that CNN is actually showing it on their website...

Finally, scabs are printing the real news....

maybe ATS is obsolete?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I have a question for you and everyone....if Ron Paul does not win...who will you vote for? Will you vote for him anyway...and write him in?

By the way...I am for him people.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yes, I will absolutely write him in. Although he does elude to a 3rd party run if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. He just doesn't want to talk about that right now because he's focused on winning the nomination...

Paul declined to rule out a possible independent presidential run if he fails to secure the GOP nomination. But, he emphasized, "I have no plans to do it."

"It's the wrong thing to think about," he said. "If I go around here and talk to people, and I said, 'Well, I guess our Plan B is when we lose in January, we have to start a third-party movement' - that would be so negative."

Read more: www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2011/09/17/MNRG1L5VGA.DTL#ixzz1YKflB0Kx

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Wonder what these people will say when he wins the primaries, and goes on to win the general election

God, do you guys really believe your propaganda about most Americans being conservative??

Ron Paul can't win the general election because no Democrat and probably most moderates aren't going to vote for someone that wants to tear our government to shreds. Unlike the brainless barbarian Republican base, those of us who are not cavemen know how vital things like the FAA are to our economy, and society as a whole and there's no way we're going to support someone who wants to recklessly start smashing everything with a wrecking ball.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Another individual who hasn't the slightest idea what Ron Paul's actual plans are, versus his personal beliefs and philosophies rooted in the Constitution. And for your information, I am one of those moderates you speak of, I'm an independent who voted for Obama last election, but he turned out to be no different than Bush.

He's not suggesting there be NO air traffic control, FYI. Doing away with the FAA would be very low on his priority list, but in theory he believes a private entity could do the job, as they do in Canada...it's called NAV CANADA...

Please, tell us how else Ron Paul will "tear our government to shreds"...

Don't you think our economy would be much better off if we bring our troops home from overseas to spend their pay here, and use OUR tax money to pay down our debt, and fund our broke social programs instead of welfare for other nations? That's what Dr. Paul wants to do.

edit on 18-9-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wow, Faux really went all out on this article...

www.foxnews.com...

A few complete sentences, thanks Faux. Of course, they had to add at the end that California isn't important to the GOP anyway, since it's a democrat controlled state.

Who wants a state with 55 electoral votes anyway?

edit on 18-9-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Maybe its time to start calling him President Paul.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Haha. They can't pass Mitt off as the front runner anymore.

Iowa Straw Poll (8/14/11)
-Michele Bachmann (28.55 percent)
-Ron Paul (27.65 percent)
-Tim Pawlenty (13.57 percent)
-Rick Santorum (9.81 percent)
-Herman Cain (8.62 percent)

New Hampshire Straw Poll (8/21/11)
-Ron Paul (45 percent)
-Mitt Romney (10 percent)
-Rick Perry (8 percent)
-Thaddeus McCotter (8 percent)
-Gary Johnson (6 percent)

Georgia Straw Poll (8/27/11)
-Herman Cain (26 percent)
-Ron Paul (25 percent)
-Rick Perry (20 percent)
-Newt Gingrich (18 percent)
-Mitt Romney (6 percent)

Wisconsin Straw Poll (9/6/11)
-Rick Perry (55 percent)
-Ron Paul (28 percent)
-Mitt Romney (7 percent)
-Sarah Palin (6 percent)
-Herman Cain (3 percent)

California Straw Poll (9/17/11)
-Ron Paul (44.9 percent)
-Rick Perry (29.3 percent)
-Mitt Romney (8.8 percent)
-Michele Bachmann (7.7 percent)
-Jon Huntsman (2.0 percent)

I'm actually, probably more shocked by the fact that the supposed front runner Romney hasn't won one straw poll and has actually done very poorly, while Paul has finished first twice and come in second in all the rest.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
After that last debate, I don't see how he could win the nomination.

He should just drop out.....

You mean the debate he won on the poll that was taken by CNN?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Yeah.. that's why we quit being democrats. I was a democrat from the time I turned 18 (well ideologically earlier) and just switched to GOP this year.. for one reason and one reason only. So I can vote in the primaries for Paul.

Tear our government to shreds? What are you talking about? Try reigning it in.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ontarff

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
After that last debate, I don't see how he could win the nomination.

He should just drop out.....

You mean the debate he won on the poll that was taken by CNN?

He always wins those silly polls, so that doesn't mean much.........

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Net polls aside (which I'm not sure if he won those in 08 either)
How many straw polls did he win in 2008?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
For those saying winning online polls and straw polls don't matter, every victory matters, it matters to the soul and spirit. Ron Paul grassroots supporters are humans too and it takes little victories just like this to keep the momentum building. Every win is important as the next and last because we are fighting the establishment and media.

Let's put a stop to this madness and show the media who exactly is in charge here: Black This Out! money bomb

Already 920 people attending
www.facebook.com...
blackthisout.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The real story is that only 833 bothered with it. Out of 7.4 million Republicans only 833 participated. Why do you think that is significant?

How does Paul win the Republican nomination when the best he has done on national polls of likely voters is under 11%. How does he get from there to winning enough State Primaries to win the nomination against the people he is opposing? As more of them drop out and they will, their votes will go heavily towards the those leading the pack, increasing the lead over Paul.

You do understand how this works right? ...and what this Straw Poll is and is not?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I hope Ron Paul wins it all and finally go against Obama.

Can you just imagine the debate that will spawn between them? Not only will it be massively televised and more eyes would be on ron paul, but the truth would spread like wild fire.

Btw, I am not surprised however that he won California. Most of the awakened people live there more than any other state.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Wonder what these people will say when he wins the primaries, and goes on to win the general election

God, do you guys really believe your propaganda about most Americans being conservative??

Ron Paul can't win the general election because no Democrat and probably most moderates aren't going to vote for someone that wants to tear our government to shreds. Unlike the brainless barbarian Republican base, those of us who are not cavemen know how vital things like the FAA are to our economy, and society as a whole and there's no way we're going to support someone who wants to recklessly start smashing everything with a wrecking ball.

I take it you've never heard of "Blue Republicans", then? They have 4,680 likes on facebook. It says:
We're Democrats and Independents registering Republican to vote for Ron Paul. The group got their
start from Robin Koerner. Here's a youtube video with Judge Nap interviewing Koerner about Blue Republicans:
www.youtube.com...

Here's another youtube video, entitled "My endorsement for Ron Paul 2012 & Blue Republican Cause"--by a Blue Republican, of course:
www.youtube.com...

Your other comments were already intelligently disputed above, so I'm done here.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You do understand that it was the GOP convention and only registered attendees could vote, right?

This is not a direct indication of the campaign's success but is a clear indication of the organization of his grassroots supporters. This organization has been repeated in 4 other states where Ron Paul came in either 1st or second for the straw polls.

What does this mean? there is dedication, there is passion and the message is spreading.

You want to stand in the way, go for it but at least know YOUR facts.

edit on 18-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join