It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astounding Scanning Electron Microscope Color Photographs!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

[color=dodgerblue]Thanks for sharing that other site (:

[color=dodgerblue]Up close picture of a pyralidae moth. Amazing (:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yeah reminds me of these videos...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I love this specialized photography stuff. Macro/micro etc. is greatest. S&F.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
daryllyn, your very welcome...photos of outer space and the microscopic universe, are the most amazing things that we are able to look at.and most of humanity has never been able to see these things before...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

That is something I have wondered for a while. We think were big, but what if Earth was just an electron? or a proton? or something within one of these, and we were really a part of a bigger being? I heard a lot of bacteria make up our own bodies... What if we are just bacteria on another? *shudders* its a strange place that we happened to come into existance in. Wonderful photos.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just keep in mind that the colors are not real. SEM produces black and white images only. Things this small fall outside light wavelengths so there can be no color (also the reason why it's impossible to see them with optical microscopes).

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Just keep in mind that the colors are not real.

+1
This has to be said again because everyone up until this point didnt know.
As someone who's spent some time using a scanning electron microscope, I can assure everone the colors have been photoshopped on afterwards to make them look prettier.
The moth thing at the top of this page, black and white, is what you really get.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I would swear this was an alien creature if the image wasn't found on a reputable source:

And, like others, it really disrupts my perception of the world around us. We happen to breath pollen in all the time:

Yuck, when I look at it like that! However, pollen is a bee's best friend. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Just keep in mind that the colors are not real. SEM produces black and white images only. Things this small fall outside light wavelengths so there can be no color (also the reason why it's impossible to see them with optical microscopes).
why are'nt they real?...just because an electron microscope does'nt take color pictures,does'nt mean that the objects don't have color.they do have color,like everthing around you that you see does...electrons have no color,the objects they age magnifying do and they have been colored in afterwards...ants don't have color?...yes they do...dust does'nt have color?..yes it does...moth eyes don't have color?...yes they do...so what if they have been colored in...every so called, beautiful woman,on any magazine cover ever made,has had her photo fixed with color touch ups.
edit on 18-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wonderful S&F, these are the types of threads I enjoy seeing on ATS

2nd line

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
WOW! Superb! Start for this.
Everything is so intricate, even our smallest insects and plants. Even if we cannot see it with our bare eyes.
The picture of the pollen was the most amazing one of all.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
the delicate,intricate and almost mathematical precision of the insects eyes are incredible and just to be able to see what they really look like!....does anyone remember the ending of this movie? when the shrinking man finally accepts his fate and keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller! >>> en.wikipedia.org... and here are some profound quotes from him about how he looked at the world > www.imdb.com...
edit on 18-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I wasn't talking about the ant, but objects that are smaller than the wavelength of visible light (ca. 500 nm), which are invisible to light (from which color is derived). Thus.. no color.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i think that the gigantic vastness, seemingly endless void of ancient light we call outer space and the ever smaller microscopic universe of the extremely small, meet and join eachother somewhere and that is what and where reality really is. something, somewhere, just beyond our understanding and yet, we are living there right now! we are all within it and a part of it!
edit on 21-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
They look like alien monsters and actually,they are...

Cancer Cell As Seen Through An Electron Microscope > fireyourdiet.com...

HIV Virus As Seen Through An Electron Microscope > img.ehowcdn.com...

edit on 29-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
These are frightening and fantastic...

20 Amazing Scanning Electron Microscope Pictures Of Insects And Spiders > www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Vinyl Lp Record Grooves Seen Through An Electron Microscope > www.synthgear.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
12 Things You'll Wish You'd Never Seen Under a Microscope > www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This image is disturbingly incredible,a hydrothermal worm,seen through an electron microscope > i.huffpost.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join