It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astounding Scanning Electron Microscope Color Photographs!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
these are some of the most beautiful and strange color photographs that i have ever seen! taken with a scanning electron microscope,of common and some not so common objects. these photo's show what they really look like. they are so amazing and bizzare,that they don't even look real,but they are. when seen through intense magnification like this. they reveal a hidden micro-verse,another world that's all around us,a microscopic universe invisible to our naked eyes...

when i look at these color photos i have to wonder,just how small does our material reality get? just like the macro-verse of outer space seems to get larger and larger. this micro-verse seems to do the same thing,only smaller and smaller. for only the past couple of generations,have people been able to see anything like these fantastic color images. for thousands of years,no one was ever able to look upon this aspect of our true reality like these photos show us and i hope everyone enjoys looking at them as much as i do >>> melodymaker.posterous.com... and here are some more astounding electron microscope photos in the following link,color and b/w and make sure you "really look" at the "snow crystal" image!..it looks man made!, like an ancient greek or roman temple!!! >>> www.boston.com...
edit on 17-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The strawberry is my pick
Beautiful pictures !!
edit on 17-9-2011 by granpabobby because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Wow really awesome find. I pictured myself running around on some of the objects...Looks like mini worlds, ad the louce looks insane-like an alien soldier. Good thing they are small, or they would probably kick my ass.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow. Thanks OP. I particularly like the ant holding the microchip. It is a real trip to see something like this. S&F.
edit on 17-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
DP
edit on 17-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Great find, OP! S&F for you, my friend!
I was amazed at the Fimbiae of a Fallopian tube, it looks like a beautiful flower.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
really hard to pick my favorite. they are all amazing to see. but i'll choose, "the multi colored inter-twined dust"...this is hard to explain,but does anyone else get a "weird " feeling when you look at these images? i do, its almost like i'm seeing something that i was'nt meant to see. or i'm gazing upon a hidden world thats no longer hidden...they are eye opening and mind blowing, thats for sure!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
that was absolutely amazing.
Thank you for sharing.
I love the depth and beauty of colour in all of those images. It's incredible to think that something like dust, which we consider ordinary and brown, is so beautiful and colourful at a microsocopic level!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
wow!...look at the "cigarette paper" photo, it looks like the surface of an alien world and in a very real way it actually is!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Thanks for posting this - S and F.

Its nice to be reminded every now and then of just how small we really are. If these things are living in our world, and we dont see them, and they barely see / comprehend us, it makes one wonder about our place in the universe.

Maybe we are just tiny specs on some animal....

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Great find.....Star and flagged.

Those are really cool images, the bacteria on the tongue was pretty wild.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
edit on 17-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
heres some more microscopic photos that i found, they are totally mind blowing...because they are real...www.boston.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
just how far can we keep zooming in?! and just "what" would we eventually end up seeing?! what strange mysteries about creation and reality would be revealed?!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bravesirrobin
Great find, OP! S&F for you, my friend!
I was amazed at the Fimbiae of a Fallopian tube, it looks like a beautiful flower.

It does look rather feminine, which makes sense I guess, lol. That caught my eye as well, so I thought I would comment.

All in all these are simply fascinating images. Some are semi-grotesque though in my opinion, such as the eyelash picture in which you can see the nastiness of human skin flaking off. Ugghh. It is hard to imagine what a person's entire body would look like under this magnification, which obviously would be impossible for the most part, but it would be gross nonetheless. I am not one to usually find things really nasty, or get grossed-out by anything, but I guess it just surprised me.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
all these photos are revealing another world. a hidden universe thats all around us. the eyelashes with the flaking skin did'nt bother me at all, but they did make me wonder if she? was wearing green eyelash mascara? or are eyelashes really green and only appear black?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That ant one is an internet classic, and my personal favourite
They are all very nice pictures. I actually got to use equipment like that in school as part of a microfabrication course, and let me tell you, getting pictures of that quality, is REALLY hard. That's what makes pictures like the ant carrying the microchip even more amazing; not only did some ant just randomly decide to pick that up, but some scientist was on the other end of a microscope when it happened, and managed to get a crystal clear picture of it. At least with something like cauliflower or nylon threads you get infinite tries to get a good picture, but the ants won't always cooperate!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Now imagine the worlds inside those worlds...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]This one was my favorite (:

[color=dodgerblue]Thanks for sharing, OP. S&F.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
Now imagine the worlds inside those worlds...
thats exactly what i mean! there "could be" whole other civilizations within these microscopic worlds and would we appear god like to them? and when you look out into the vastness of outerspace,it is'nt hard to see that we and the earth are also one these microscopic worlds!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join