It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns The U.S. Against Vetoing Palestine's UN Request

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The China Daily says, "If the US chooses to fly in the face of world opinion and block the Palestine UN bid next week, not only will Israel become more isolated but tensions in the region will be heightened even more.

"The majority of the international community deems an independent state as the inalienable right of the Palestinians"

But the US has threatened to veto the move if it is made within the UN Security Council, saying it would harm prospects for peace talks and that a Palestinian state can only result from negotiations with Israel.
Source

The expected request comes almost a year after peace talks with Israel crumbled over its settlement construction on Palestine land.

So the reason the U.S. doesn't want Palestinians to apply for statehood is because it will harm negotiations that have already failed.

the stories are starting to come out in the news but not much more info is being shown, a warning from china and turkey turning the US down as a mediator with israel things are definitely heating up.
I read another story that said Israel is calling in its reserve armies and gearing up for something aswell.

these stories are just something i am taking note of, anyone else see the water about to boil?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ha its allllllllllll about to go down lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Tell China to mind there own business or we will repudiate our debt and close our markets to their goods. We should do both anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I wonder why Zionists are against Palestine joining the UN?!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What is this notion that Palestine can be a country only if the Israelis say so? They can't receive food and medicine unless the Israelis allow it -- and of course they don't. Who can support such a bankrupt philosophy?

Think about it. Even as Israel's traditional patron state, the United States is making tenuous gains in the Arab world by participating in NATO's action in Libya and providing aid to rebel groups in Egypt, Yemen and elsewhere.

With the veto, all of that would be undone. The United States would be a pariah once again. In fact, Saudi Arabia, another of Washington's traditional allies in the region, is warning that it would curtail relations with America and pursue policies that are anathema to Washington.

Read more: www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2011/09/17/IN9T1L3U4G.DTL#ixzz1YF3s40Gu

Palestine Predicament

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Tell China to mind there own business or we will repudiate our debt and close our markets to their goods. We should do both anyway.

LOL, pay back the debt now, see if USA can.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeBoss

LOL, pay back the debt now, see if USA can.
Why should we? It is not a legitimate debt imo. It is a result of Un-Constitutional(thus illegal) practices and policies. If a thief runs up my credit card, I am not responsible, so why should we pay it? Repudiate the debt. It is a lie anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If Palestine gets in , will Tibet also?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
No. China would veto that in a flat second. Good post

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Brilliant! Taiwan's status, as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

That would be so funny

What do you think would happen next?
Imagine China would no longer use USD as reserve currency, stop purchasing US treasuries and just dump their US Debt Bonds lol...

Take a look (@ 0:45):

Okay, it wouldnt be funny at all... it would be a desaster.

If Palestine gets in, will Tibet also?

Very good point

edit on 17-9-2011 by ColCurious because: grammar

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Israel is loath to see a Palestinian state. That would mean they would have to build settlements in the Negev. There would be no negotiating the water in Palestine as it belongs to Palestine. NO the Palestinians will NOT allow Israel for overfly their soverign state. And, finally Israel will have NO control over their borders. Whats left to negotiate? Oh yeah, land swaps to accomodate some of the large settlements. Thats easy. The right of return is something for the UN to solve. Good Luck Palestine!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Tell China to mind there own business ....

Actually Israel is none of our business. Politically, there's no clause in the U.S. Constitution mention anything about protecting or serving Israel. Economically, there's no oil in Israel. Strategically, the U.S. already has a large military base in Qatar, right on the Persian Gulf. Final conclusion, Israel is expendable.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
Israel is expendable.

Really? And who else is "expendable?" Maybe Palestine is just as "expendable" as Israel.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

Originally posted by coolieno99
Israel is expendable.

Really? And who else is "expendable?" Maybe Palestine is just as "expendable" as Israel.

As long as it doesn't have the potential to touch American Soil then yes they would be expendable. If the rest of the UN is backing them then why doesn't the US take its greedy paws outta the Middle East, and start fixing the problems inside itself? I don't see why we should worry about other countries, they should be able to manage themselves. But our government is such a powertripping machine that they must tell Americans what to do, as well as other countries? America is crumbling, I say we GTFO and worry about ourselves as much as possible.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

IMHO I do believe thing's are going to be kicked up a notch by this years finish. I don't know about a full blown war, but there will be some tensions that will set the stage for something bigger. I've been paying attention to the news not just my own national news, but international news for a few years now almost daily and I'm startled to say the least at how quickly everything's unfolding. Just as the Treaty of Versailles enabled the events for World War 2 to form, I believe Israel and it's formation after World War 2 to be the key to World War 3. History does repeat itself and I hate to say it, but at the rate things are going we aren't exactly heading down the road to "a life of happiness" but that of a life which will be foreign to most of us.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
I wonder why Zionists are against Palestine joining the UN?!

Because palestine isn't a real nation. Jordan should either take it's citizens back or have them sent to Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

The China Daily says, "If the US chooses to fly in the face of world opinion and block the Palestine UN bid next week, not only will Israel become more isolated but tensions in the region will be heightened even more.

"The majority of the international community deems an independent state as the inalienable right of the Palestinians"

But the US has threatened to veto the move if it is made within the UN Security Council, saying it would harm prospects for peace talks and that a Palestinian state can only result from negotiations with Israel.
Source

The expected request comes almost a year after peace talks with Israel crumbled over its settlement construction on Palestine land.

So the reason the U.S. doesn't want Palestinians to apply for statehood is because it will harm negotiations that have already failed.

the stories are starting to come out in the news but not much more info is being shown, a warning from china and turkey turning the US down as a mediator with israel things are definitely heating up.
I read another story that said Israel is calling in its reserve armies and gearing up for something aswell.

these stories are just something i am taking note of, anyone else see the water about to boil?

The days of the U.S. putting its nose in where it is not wanted are soon to be over. you see how our military is spred across the world? It has weakened our own defenses. If one or more nations chose to invade the U.S. right now would be the best time to do it.

A brief history lesson from the Aztecs. The Aztecs oppressed all the smaller triebes and peoples it conquered, using them for human sacrifices etc. When the Conquistadors showed up, these smaller tribes showed them the way to the Aztec Empire where they met their doom. The smaller tribes had been so oppressed and angry they were actually helping destroy their masters.

That whole thing that happened to the aztecs? It can still happen today. Look at Libya. NATO came to conquer Libya and the people had been so oppressed they welcomed them with open arms and now NATO can set up a puppet president in a newly formed democratic nation. This is exactly how civilizations are destroyed, they become so corrupt that their own citizens are willing to help the invaders conquer over a few words mumbled half heartedly about a better world.

It can happen in the U.S. today too. The entire world learned when Egypt and Libya began their little coup d'tat how easy it is to overthrow a nation.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here I thought ATS was all about not following popular opinion.

Who cares what China thinks?
I don't believe that we should be encouraging or taking sides with Palestine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join