It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and Greece sign military pact in response to Turkey's aggression towards both countries

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
easy now, I was clearly kidding in regard to the 300 reference. But as I stated previously, as a member of the European Union, Greece does have it's backing. Need I remind you of the European Defence Agency, and the creation of the European Union's Battle Group. The preservation of the European Union will be defended at a moments notice, and I assure you an attack on Greece would result in immediate and swift action, by not only the European Union, but by the US and it's allies too.

Don't make us bring over the lightning guns
US Super Weapon

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Logman

Yeah Yeah Yeah, dog prophecy, but it hasnt lied yet.

Prove it. What part has come true?

None of it. No biblical prophecy has ever come to pass. They are always in the future. They'll always be in the future. A future that doesn't exist and will never exist.

Put that bedouin sheepherder manuscript away. There are better books around these days, because you know, humanity has progressed in 2,000 years. I know, shocker.

If you say so bro. You don't know as much as you think you do Mr. "Jesus is santa claus for adults", you can keep knowing it all right till the end and it still wont save you. Wish i could say i'll miss you when we get the call to leave, but i wont remember you or even care.

Waiting for some evidence that biblical prophecy has ever come true.

You don't have any support for your claim so you resort to ad hominem attacks. You do seem like a caring, understanding and compassionate Christian though. You have a lot to learn, like most of your "faith".

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Greece's economy might be as bad as it gets, but its military power isn't.. Greek pilots are the second best in the world, and the majority of the money Greece owes has been spent in military equipment.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Second best? How does one rate how good all the pilots are? Who rates them? Your country is going down flames. Now take another month's vacation and retire at 50 with full pension and state benefits.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Your reply indicates how much you have believed in the mainstream propaganda. None of what you mentioned happens in Greece, nor did it happen in the past, except maybe for a few elite members, as it happens in a worldwide scale, but hey, what the heck, you know better, right? Keep on believing the propaganda mate, and don't ever research for yourself! That's the true ATS spirit!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Reading recent history, when Mussolini invaded Greece, he had his ass kicked hard, so he (Mussolini) had to run to his German 'partners' for help, so I would not dismiss the Greeks so soon.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I checked the source. Beliefnet? Spirituality, blah, blah, blah. I discount anything from that blog. Even if it was true, Israel would be considered in deep doodoo if that was what they were considering an ally in the area. Greece's economy is in the toilet. Their military power is just behind Argentina and just above Switzerland:

www.globalfirepower.com...

From Greece

From Israel

From Turkey

For the Greeks it's a matter of honor to fight the Turks and trust me when i tell you that we will fight to our last breath.No matter how #ed up our economy is or if our military power is not the best in the world,there are different things that can turn Greeks from lazy sheeps into warriors.it's in our DNA.

Do you really think that the Greek population will fight for Israel in case of a war

I'm ashamed of that alliance.Unfortunatelly the Israel/Zionist lobby has its roots deep inside Greece.They control Greece and most of the people aren't even aware of that.Even our former Prime Minister Kostas Simitis(means Semite) is a Jew(real name Aaron Avouri-not sure about the spelling).
the Greeks won't even know who they fight for.They will think that they fight for Greece.Even though i'm a woman and propably i will not see any action,i assure you that if Turkey attacks Greece or Cyprus i will try to be there.

On the other hand:
Both Greece and Turkey are members of NATO,which means we are some short of allies.If Turkey attacks Israel,Greece and the other NATO members should be on the side of Turkey.Right?Turkey cannot attack Greece,at least based on NATO regulations.
So is this getting complicated or it's just me?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Ulterior motives.

That is the correct spelling.

Just a FYI, interesting news story, carry on.
Only spreading information to improve the quality of writing around here.

Thanks for posting the story though. Hopefully nothing more comes of this.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

Both Greece and Turkey are members of NATO,which means we are some short of allies.If Turkey attacks Israel,Greece and the other NATO members should be on the side of Turkey.Right?Turkey cannot attack Greece,at least based on NATO regulations.
So is this getting complicated or it's just me?

Yes technically Greece and Turkey are NATO members and are thus military allies sworn to protect each other.

Israel is a nation created through UN Resolution.

Following the 1947 United Nations decision to partition Palestine, on 14 May 1948 David Ben-Gurion, the Executive Head of the World Zionist Organization[9] and president of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, declared Israel a state independent from the British Mandate for Palestine.[10][11] Neighboring Arab states invaded the next day in support of the Palestinian Arabs. Since then, Israel has fought a series of wars with neighboring Arab states,[12] and has occupied territories, including the West Bank, Sinai Peninsula, Gaza Strip and the Golan Heights, beyond those delineated in the 1949 Armistice Agreements

wiki
edit on 18-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It would be madness for Greece to go up against Turkey. Greece and Turkey are neighbours and have to get along. Turkey is massive, powerful and influential. Israel is a landing strip for US forces justified by reference to the holocaust. Do you really think 2 ancient and mighty nations are gonna tear each other up over such an insignificance. The day US stops backing Israel it's all over for Israel. And as for Isreal nuking anyone, that won't happen. The rest of the world is not going to stand around while a bunch of crazies unleash nuclear armageddon. Even if they managed to do it every Jew on the planet may as well slit their own throats as their time here would be up. I really wish the Jews would wake up and see how they are being played big time and get rid of the nutjobs representing them.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
everyone seems to think this will be a war of old. line up toe to toe. NO!! rockets, ships,guided missiles, drones. which country has the advaced technology, money and resources to keep pumping out the advanced weaponry and tech. you dont even have to physically see your enemy now. shock and awe. and knowing this, also know turkey is top ten in this category. greece isnt in top 25 and broke. machine guns and numbers might be neutralized.
hope this all doesnt come to blows but is much chest-thumping. good if that is all it amounts too. many would probably die. bad. the superpowers all seem to be split. which hopefully will keep them from involvement as to cancel each other out.
too frighteningly dangerous to think of the super powers jumping into this dispute.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yeah Yeah Yeah, dog prophecy, but it hasnt lied yet.

Prove it. What part has come true?

None of it. No biblical prophecy has ever come to pass. They are always in the future. They'll always be in the future. A future that doesn't exist and will never exist.

Put that bedouin sheepherder manuscript away. There are better books around these days, because you know, humanity has progressed in 2,000 years. I know, shocker.

If you say so bro. You don't know as much as you think you do Mr. "Jesus is santa claus for adults", you can keep knowing it all right till the end and it still wont save you. Wish i could say i'll miss you when we get the call to leave, but i wont remember you or even care.

Waiting for some evidence that biblical prophecy has ever come true.

You don't have any support for your claim so you resort to ad hominem attacks. You do seem like a caring, understanding and compassionate Christian though. You have a lot to learn, like most of your "faith".

Read the prophecies bro and correlate them to real world event's, i'm not going to do your work for you, you get off your lazy ass and go look it up because i already know what they say. It's time for you to pony up and do some heavy scritpure reading. I didnt reply immediately because i went to bed, unfortunately some of us have lives and a job so we can't afford to be on here every hour of everyday looking to troll like other people can.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The greeks want to get involved in that mess, while their populace is going into the toilet?

Let them all kill each other I say, we Americans are broke.

We have to cut spending, remember? How about cutting aid to Israel, and telling them to handle their own bull# that they start with other countries. We shouldn't help them with a goddamn thing anyway after the USS Liberty bombing.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Israel has nothing to worry about regarding a war with Turkey, nothing.

Your 'top trumps' link does not account for Israel's weapons of mass destruction or the fact that it would not be afraid to use them.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
LOL. I am sure Turks are shaking with fear. On one side there is Greece, on the verge of bankruptcy, former subjects of Ottoman Turks who could not beat Turks in 1920s during collapse of the Ottoman Empire with all the backing of the Europe behind them when Turks were at their weakest. (Ditto for 1974 Cyprus invasion where all they could do was scream and watch Turks invade Turkish half of the island.)
On the other side, bully of the ME - Israel (again former subjects of Turks) who has not had a war with a single real army. Anyone who seriously thinks fighting Turks would be a picnic in a park (or like fighting rock throwing kids in Gaza), should go read some military history.
This will go down as a shameful chapter in the history of Israel. Turks recognized Israel as a state in 1949, going against every moslem country in the region. Friendship between them goes back to time when Turks saved half a million Jews from Spanish Inquisition. They had no reason to kill anyone on that ship and all they have to do is show some regret. Turks will not forget or forgive this and I doubt they will fear either Israel or Greece.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
i remember Turkey didn't allowed the Kurds to access to their country during the aftermath of 1991 Persian Gulf War. The kurds want their own ancestral lands to become a country. The Turks wont let that happen, so they fight for it. Anyone found out that the British soldiers and Turkish soldiers fought against each other briefly during Operation Provide Comfort? en.wikipedia.org...

Kurds supported Ataturk in his war against allies and once Ataturk stopped the allies forces and struck peace agreement with them, he backstabbed the Kurds and started force assimilation of the Kurds who have been living on the land before the immigration of Turks from central Asia. The policy of kamalist turkey faced resistance from the Kurdish population and many Kurds were killed by the Turks.

Poison bombs used in suppression of the Kurdish resistance, yes, Saddam was not first to poison Kurds, Turks were the first. After eighty years of forced assimilation, and Kurdish refusal to be Turks, The Turkish government has embarked on a new policy which gives Kurds limited cultural rights. What The Turks are missing is that Kurds want to be free of the subjugation , want to have self determination , rule their land free of the Turks. So history of subjugation cannot be erase by superficial actions by government . So mark my words, Kurds abhor Turkish policies and the Kamalist system.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Israel will fight Turkey to the last Greek.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The source of that blog is Debka?

Fearmongering site deluxe

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Lets not forget that both Israel and the US are known to fund and support the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) against Turkey.

How does that factor into the argument that Turkey is safe as a member of NATO?

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Dude those Turkish folks are no joke

edit on 17-9-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

Turks are nothing but a bunch of genocidal, pathological liars and weaklings. A war with Turkey will give Greece and Russia ample excuse to liberate the city of Constantinople and push the barbarians back where they came from.
edit on 25-9-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join