It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palisades NPP, is in Van Buren covert township, Van Buren is the codename for Fallout 3!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My first post in Skunkworks, this seemed the place for it.

The original Fallout 3 by Black Isle studios and Interplay was codenamed "Van Buren".

Today, the plant was shut down due to loss of coolant, no reported danger, link from RSOE

The Palisades Nuclear Plant in southwestern Michigan has been shut down due to a loss of water in a cooling system. WWMT-TV reports the facility in Covert Township was shut down just before 3 p.m. Friday. The lowest of four emergency classification levels was declared. The classification means plant workers were notified and were resolving the problem. Officials say the shutdown poses no risk to the public and that no radioactive materials were released. A U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission inspection was held at the Van Buren County plant last month after a water pump component failed. The plant is owned by New Orleans-based Entergy Corp.

A bit close for comfort, and a little wierd given the naming, hopefully this situation is just a "flash in the pan" and not signs of things to come.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Fallout 3 seemed like it depicted a probable post-apocalyptic future of the world. The game was too depressive for me, and I stopped playing after sometime.

edit on 16-9-2011 by cybernetic_dude because: spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I preferred Fallout 1 and 2 myself, quite playable RPG's

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This doesn't fit into fallout canon. In it the vaults were build by a business that then on purpose started a war with nukes. Perhaps the name is same but other details lack

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
is this a game?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Fallout itself is, several games under the title.

The odd thing is, the codename for Fallout 3 (Which was being made by Black Isle studios and Interplay, until the latter went bust and has now been made by Bethesda) is also the same name for the region where the forementioned plant exists.

I trust my instincts, many years ago I purchased radiation test equipment, which I still have today, and have updated some of it with new stuff.. The persistent background radiation (Melbourne, Aus) is 4x what it was pre Fukushima. Fallout always struck a cord with me, rang too true for some reason.. Maybe someone else saw the same thing.

new topics

top topics

join