It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS LA new video shows the Southwestern USA "meteor" Changing Direction!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I can't say what the lights are in the videos (the ones that are obviously NOT a meteor as they have no tail,) but I'm pretty sure that the zig-zag pattern in the photograph of the orange streak was cause by camera shake as the aperture was left open.

The videos on the other hand are very interesting.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Cool video. It kinda reminded me of the blue katchina and the red kathcina was "dancing in the square."

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No, meteors are not incandescent in the lower atmosphere. It looks to me like the meteor is behind the clouds and shows through breaks in them.

The first image from Chindler(?) is nothing but a light in the sky (possibly Jupiter which is very bright right now). The second image is the same object showing camera movement, not movement of the object. You can see that the clouds are blurred in the second image just as the light is.

The video from Glendora looks like an RC plane with LEDs on it.
edit on 9/16/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
DP again.
edit on 9/16/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

I think that is known as a Triple Post.

Back on topic. Very interesting footage, they don't know what it is and because of that are trying to keep people calm by claiming it's probably a pebble sized rock entering the atmosphere.

Well, I don't think so. There seems to be a lot of UFO activity of late. Not saying E.T, but didn't they recently lose 2 new aircraft that can travel at great speeds? And the talk of the satelitte that is in danger of falling back to Earth? Coincidence? Who knows.

I'm sure Phage will be along shortly to put us all in our place.

Nope! He will just come out with another cointell excuse to keep people buying what the official explanations are stating.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
DP again.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
As has been pointed out, it was a different object.
Here is the meteor.
www.abc15.com...

So what is your take on the OP video?

It doesn't seem to behave in the same way as the Meteor in the video you posted.

Maybe War of the Worlds is about to kick off?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

DP again.

I think that is known as a Triple Post.

Back on topic. Very interesting footage, they don't know what it is and because of that are trying to keep people calm by claiming it's probably a pebble sized rock entering the atmosphere.

Well, I don't think so. There seems to be a lot of UFO activity of late. Not saying E.T, but didn't they recently lose 2 new aircraft that can travel at great speeds? And the talk of the satelitte that is in danger of falling back to Earth? Coincidence? Who knows.

I'm sure Phage will be along shortly to put us all in our place.

Nope! He will just come out with another cointell excuse to keep people buying what the official explanations are stating.

You are right.

Oh well, nothing to see here. Guess I will go back to my reality T.V programme. When does X Factor start?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
For an object to "burn up" in the lower atmosphere it has to ne above a certain mass,not certain as to how big, but a lot larger than a grain of sand, something like the size of an small auto. Otherwise air resistance would slow it down enough that it would generate the heat necessary to go incandescent. Again that also depends on whether it is metallic or stony in nature. And usually a stony object will be broken apart by entry stressses in pretty short order and wouldn't be visible for many minutes as it crossed several states.
Obscene been lucky enough in my days to see several large fireballs. One was the large meteor in 1971-72? That.was seen over several states as it entered the atmosphere. I was 6 or 7 yrs old at the time and we were finding home from a weekend camping, and my father pulled over to the side of the road as it passed. It was so bright that it lit up the entire afternoon sky and you could actually hear it as it passed over head. It was thought that object bounced off of the atmosphere and didn't actually burn up or impact. The other was in '94-95and it lit up the whole nite sky and had a huge tail that trailed sparks and junk . The next day as o drove to work just before dawn I could see a single plume of smoke rising from the remote high sierra backcountry in the southern seqouia national forest. Since there were no thunderstorms at the time I thought it odd, but soon forgot about it. Then several months later it got an email from NASA, I was on their mail list, that was offering a reward for any info that would lead to the recovery of the object. It was thoughts that the object impacted somewhere south of the south fork of the kings river north of the kern an between the east and west slopes of.the sierra Nevada. Which was right where I saw the plume of smoke in the high country. So I emailed the astronomer in charge about what I observed but I know that the object was not recovered.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Anyone notice the first field reporters surname?

<< 1   >>

join