It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the recent Meteor a piece of Elein?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Comet Elein was falling apart last I heard...

Link

Much Much has been made of Comet Elenin on the Internet, namely a giant production about how the comet may just be on a collision course with Earth, just in time for 2012. Well, for anyone starting to get nervous, don’t, as it is an established fact that Comet Elenin will not come all that close to earth, missing us by several million miles. However, doomsday aside, the comet is in the news again as it may actually be disintegrating. Every night, astronomers, mostly amateurs, are monitoring and photographing the comet. In the past few days, some strange things have been taking place in regards to this cosmic visitor from the distant reaches of the solar system. So, what’s been going on in space? To start with, the comet has dramatically dropped in brightness. Another, more telling sign: the comet’s coma has elongated, which may hint at a disintegrating nucleus. And all of it has been chronicled online. On the Southern Comets website, webmaster Michael Mattiazzo has been chronicling the comet’s appearance through photographs, which appear on his main homepage, just scroll about a quarter of the way down to get to the Elenin section. Obviously, it does not require a degree in astrophysics to see that the comet is indeed changing, with the elongated coma being the most obvious difference between the new and older images. While not conclusive proof of anything, Mattiazzo has gone so far to say that the comet is breaking up and, in all probability, won’t survive a close passage to the Sun, which is going to take place in early September. Want to see the comet before it breaks apart? Well, you’ll have to move to the Southern Hemisphere to do so as the comet is currently invisible from the Northern half of the Earth. If the comet does survive perihelion (close approach to the Sun), it will appear in the Northern Hemisphere’s morning sky come the very end of September. Unfortunately, this does not appear likely thanks to the latest observations. However, as comets are always very hard to predict, stay tuned.

is it possible the meteor was apart of ELEIn and this is all a cover up??...Or maybe it was not just a piece but the whole thing??..what if ELEin is not a planet or comet but an acient device??? im cracking up
never thought I would be asking your opinions on this guys... let the quest begin!

keep in mind there has been alot of siesmec activity in the past 2 days see my post13 Quakes over 5.0 Sept 15th-16th 3:50pm

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

is it possible the meteor was apart of ELEIn and this is all a cover up??...Or maybe it was not just a piece but the whole thing??..what if ELEin is not a planet or comet but an acient device??? im cracking up never thought I would be asking your opinions on this guys... let the quest begin!

Erm....No.....no...no.....how do you think a part of elenin got to earth in such a short amount of time?? Do you realize how FAR away it is?????

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It has crossed my mind a few times that our government is the reason that Elenin is breaking up.
If it was heading towards Earth for a direct impact would we not try to knock it out of the sky or out of orbit? I am not even sure if we have something capable of doing that...just a thought.

It also reminded me of Transformers........

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

is it possible the meteor was apart of ELEIn and this is all a cover up??...Or maybe it was not just a piece but the whole thing??..what if ELEin is not a planet or comet but an acient device??? im cracking up never thought I would be asking your opinions on this guys... let the quest begin!

Are you serious or trolling? OF COURSE it was not a piece of Elenin. Do you get how far away Elenin is? Can't a meteorite be just that? If it was the whole thing you would be dead. Have you ever even read an Elenin thread?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
No, no and thrice no.

How far off is this thing?

If it was close enough that a piece of it could enter our atmosphere, I think you could safely say, that we would all be able to see it without the aid of telescopes.

And probably a number of Atheists would suddenly find God!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
No, they just wanted to keep ATS busy for the past couple of days in hopes that you would forget about 9/11 and the 27th, or some other major event. TPTB are hoping this will keep you busy long enough for the real attack to begin and you will never know what hit you.

edit on 16-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Nibiru could be pushing a debris field along with Elenin. The object is BBR by now so there is no way to identify it.

If more objects come down that could tell the story.------------------

top topics

join