It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Men accused of partying with dead friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

DENVER-- It's a real life version of the movie "Weekend at Bernie’s" with two men allegedly taking their dead friend around town for one final party.

And on the dead man's dime no less

A police Statement of Probable Cause describes the activities. It shows on August 27, Robert Young found his friend, 43-year-old Jeffery Jarrett, unresponsive at his home in the 1800 block of S. Forest St. Instead of calling 911, detectives say the two suspects loaded Jarret’s dead body in the back of an SUV. Then their party began according to police.

After hauling their friends carcass to the SUV the trio proceeded to hit the town. Unfortunately for Jeffrey he had to wait in the car...

They started their night at Teddy T’s, a bar and grill at E. Evans Ave. and S. Monaco Pkwy. Investigators say the suspects used Jarret’s money, while his body was outside in the vehicle. Later in the evening the two men went to eat at Sam’s No. 3 while the body remained in the car. The two apparently dropped Jarrett’s body back at home and then went back on the town, allegedly using their dead friend’s ATM card. "Rubinson and Young then go to Viva Burrito and purchase food, using Jarrett's credit/debit card to pay for the food," officer Ranjan Ford says in the Statement of Probable Cause. "They then go to 7-11, Leetsdale and Monaco and purchase fuel for Rubinson's car." The two made one last stop at Shotgun Willie’s on Colorado Blvd., where they allegedly withdrew $400 of Jarrett’s money from an ATM inside the strip club, and stayed until it closed.

They were good enough to flag down a cop after their night of fun ended and told them that their friend was back at his house and that he might be dead....Gee..ya think??

source

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Personally I think it takes a special kind of low life to cart around his dead friend and use use his money to fuel your night at Viva Burrito and the local peeler bar. Maybe they figured he might want it that way....either way...*skeeved*

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Nice! A real life "Weekend at Bernie's"! I'm sorry, but reading this story, that was the first thing that popped into my mind! How creepy though, on so many levels.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Come on shake your body baby do the Conga!

They could have at least taken him into the bar, propped him up, and toasted the poor dead bastard.
edit on 9/16/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Oh man I must have watched that movie a million times as a kid.

if there's such a thing as the spirit truly hanging around after death then I bet he was pretty pissed watching all of his money get stuffed into g-strings while he couldn't get so much as a lap dance.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

some bungee cord...a bit of fishing line and a pair of sunglasses and they could have partied til sunrise.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Saw this article earlier and the site was using the movie poster image as part of the headline. Who would have thought that some scumbags would actually do this. They must be a special kind of stupid.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What great friends! I think giving your mmate 1 last party is a brilliant idea! I hope my ffriends will be as good to me when I pass. And I would be happy to foot the bill too lol.

new topics

top topics

join