It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member Victim of Economy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You've had it Really Hard in Life, You and the soon to be ex-husband was homeless in 2008,
I suppose your ex-husband did not get that patent for his invention back then either. DAMN!!!
I hope you're hanging in there, You could always try the Security Guard Companies, they like to hire Older people and no experience is necessary, just a thought.
Good Luck,,,,,,, But Damn,,, Homeless Twice in less than 10 years,,,, What's with your Karma?
edit on 16-9-2011 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 16-9-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

edit on 17-9-2011 by verita711 because: Never mind

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
You've had it Really Hard in Life, You and the soon to be ex-husband was homeless in 2008,
I suppose your ex-husband did not get that patent for his invention back then either. DAMN!!!
I hope you're hanging in there, You could always try the Security Guard Companies, they like to hire Older people and no experience is necessary, just a thought.
Good Luck,,,,,,, But Damn,,, Homeless Twice in less than 10 years,,,, What's with your Karma?
edit on 16-9-2011 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 16-9-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

[smile] I guess I was meant to suffer. If "karma" carries life to life, I guess I had some awful karma. But nothing I have done this life would suggest a karmic reason... I once stole three pieces of candy when I was about 8. I felt SOOO guilty I never stole again. I have "come to the rescue" of People, offering rides to People whose vehicles broke down, taking People in when They can't go home, and so on. (This was back before I lost everything.)

So... I don't know.

I will see if there are any guard companies. As long as I can sit for most of the shift, I could do that easily. Of course, in this economy, I rather expect They will have nothing right away. But it's worth a shot.

a

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is a large security company Allied Barton
www.alliedbarton.com...
Then you have Securitas, it is World Wide.
jobs.com...
I forgot to add, Signal 88, they mostly just drive and check buildings for locked doors.
www.signal88.com...

edit on 17-9-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

This is a large security company Allied Barton
www.alliedbarton.com...
Then you have Securitas, it is World Wide.
jobs.com...
I forgot to add, Signal 88, they mostly just drive and check buildings for locked doors.
www.signal88.com...

Thank You. I checked into Them, in fact. I do have personal issues on an ethical basis regarding Their requirement to pass a drug test. And My self medication for My arthritis would likely set Them off, too...

I'm guessing They don't want Me...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I am sorry to hear about your condition. It is cruel that a person who spreads great ideas to fix the world's problem becomes a victim of what they try to fight.

Needless to say, this is a bad time for this to happen. I have been hunting for a second job around my area also, and I cannot find any. If I do come across a place that is hiring, I will let you know.

Tomorrow I am going to try AT&T, a friend of mine says that they are always hiring.

I wish people did not have to work just to access the necessities of life on the planet they were born on, but this is what a slave society is. I wish you luck and will help where I can.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan

I am sorry to hear about your condition. It is cruel that a person who spreads great ideas to fix the world's problem becomes a victim of what they try to fight.

Needless to say, this is a bad time for this to happen. I have been hunting for a second job around my area also, and I cannot find any. If I do come across a place that is hiring, I will let you know.

Tomorrow I am going to try AT&T, a friend of mine says that they are always hiring.

I wish people did not have to work just to access the necessities of life on the planet they were born on, but this is what a slave society is. I wish you luck and will help where I can.

Thank You for Your concern. My life is filled with ironies. LOL!

I agree that We should not have to put Our energy anywhere We don't want to just to survive. We ARE slaves, with Our energy put into a system that really only enriches a very few. They lie to Us that all We need is effort and the world will be served to Us on a platter - then, when luck of the draw (luck being a significant contributor to success - read Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers) leaves Us destitute - We are blamed for not trying hard enough.

And of course, I see that We need NOT be slaves; We have been fed the Disney lie, the "work ethic" (the slaves' ethic) rather than the Betterment Ethic to impel Us into pouring Our time/energy into enriching Them. "Just work REALLY hard and You will succeed." The Prince(ss) will waltze into Your life, and You will live happily ever after.

Right.

Thank You for Your concern. It means a lot to Me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You might want to apply to Ducommun Incorporated...
Their website

In my part of the world they have tons of job openings... very good pay and benefits packages...
to be expected as the plant here builds parts for use in the Apache assault helicopters

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thank You, DaddyBare. I checked them out but there none nearby. I still am applying to out-of-state jobs there - I'll move anywhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

try these guys too...
Day & Zimm
There another big government contractor doing major expansions right now

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks again! I am having issues getting a response out of their site, but I think it's pop-up related... I have to turn off My blocker. How silly to create something that One has to turn off pop-up blockers to use.

I appreciate Your efforts to help. I truly do.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ok, my "goodbye" thread was removed because - did any of You see this? I missed it - "goodbye" threads are against the T&C. Remember that. Well. Ok.

I posted a thread stating that I would be leaving with a pickle bag tomorrow to thumb My way wherever fortune might take Me tomorrow. That has been moved back to the 23rd, because that's when I get the $29 I get twice a month to live on and I might need that.

I have no family (except ATS), no friends (ditto), no home (soon - the 24th (I don't expect this landlord to care about renters' rights)), and no job. I will freeze fully to death in the winter here in a tent. So... Pickle bag 'n' Me are off to see the country.

So... I'll be here a couple more days. And then I'm outie for a while.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Just one more to add...
Ability jobs
I use this site a lot in my job hunting for clients... I work for Voc Rehab...
anyway this site set up by the Veterans affairs office... is targeted at disabled persons and minorities...
funny thing is ladies got us men out numbered here in the US... there's 2% more of you than us guys but your still considered a minority... go fig... to bad your not here in Kansas... I might be able to do more...

Maybe I need to really get to work on a Survival ranch so I can take all the ATS members in trouble in... wonder if that's a project one of those reality shows would be willing to fund???
edit on 21-9-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Heh. Less than five years. No. He has done little - mainly because of money struggles. And I have been working the security companies - but now, as I will have no address as of the 24th (well, 23rd, because I'm leaving), I am more focused on what to take with Me.

As for karma... Who knows. Maybe I have supposed to have been on the road and this is merely the push.

I know I have not done anything horrendous. I stole three pieces of candy once when I was eightish... I try to help others when I might. I don't know. Maybe I was rich and a bastard when I lived before... Heh.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Just one more to add...
Ability jobs
I use this site a lot in my job hunting for clients... I work for Voc Rehab...
anyway this site set up by the Veterans affairs office... is targeted at disabled persons and minorities...
funny thing is ladies got us men out numbered here in the US... there's 2% more of you than us guys but your still considered a minority... go fig... to bad your not here in Kansas... I might be able to do more...

Maybe I need to really get to work on a Survival ranch so I can take all the ATS members in trouble in... wonder if that's a project one of those reality shows would be willing to fund???

It looks as if I have somewhere to go. I'm still going to see some places I'd like to on the way, but the tunnel I have been peering down has some light at the end.

When I get there and settled, I will check this (and the other links) out more closely. As I will have no address in three days' time, it seems silly to apply when They can't get hold of Me and I don't know where I'll be.
edit on 9/21/2011 by Amaterasu because: hit wrong button - edit to add reply.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join