It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA can I rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have been with ATS for several years and posted a few times but never really had a good reason to start a thread. But now it’s my turn.

First a little background before I start my rant…

I have had different jobs since I was 9 - I’m not 9 anymore!!

In the last ten years I have worked two very different jobs other then the career path I had originally chosen for myself.

I was a corrections officer and a TSA screener. But let me be perfectly clear – I am not a screener anymore!!!!

At one time I was proud to be a screener because I had the opportunity to do something valuable for both my country and our people. Unlike the stereo-type many people have about screeners, my group was educated, courteous, mannered, had a security background and/or military background. Many of us thought we were the first line of defense because if there was an emanate danger we were suppose to contain the danger and protect our citizens. If there was a b0mb, you get to leave – we don’t. Yes, it is misspelled to try to keep some flags off me (SDK). “Spelling don’t count”

Now let me say something about those flags. We all know we are being monitored and certain keywords are flagged for tracking; not on just this site but anything that hits the web. I am sure I will have flags all over me after this thread. That is why I try to keep a low profile most of the time and don’t post much.

But now I will start my rant – between the screening process for prison and the one used for air travel, there isn’t much of a difference. Actually screening a traveler is more intrusive than getting arrested and thrown in jail for a minor crime. Think about it, the traveler hasn’t violated any laws and they are required to have ids, monitored, videotaped, isolated, frisked, property seized (freely relinquished), detained and sometimes arrested (for trying to exercise their rights). Those that make these laws are not subjected to the same treatment, and you’re ok with that?

More people (citizens) have been humiliated, detained and even arrested then the “enemy”; or perhaps we have been mislead to think whom the g0v (SDK) has identified as the threat. Do I really need to tell you where they think that threat is?

What has started this rant? My son (20 years) was just molested and humiliated at the airport when going through a check point. I don’t refer to this area as security anymore, because it’s not. After talking to him and trying to calm his concerns, I now realize we were both victimized. The frustrating thing about it, is a law-abiding citizen has no recourse for this ongoing intrusion of our bodies and rights. Law-abiding citizens should not be considered a “threat” because we choose to fly. We cannot complain or prevent this screening from occurring – there is nowhere to turn; so I have turned to this forum. I cannot help my son understand this changing world (I don’t understand it myself). But perhaps if I show him this tread we can both come to some form of peace through this experience. If you use the “proper channels” to complain or get some type of resolution, you just get yourself added to “the list” and life gets more complicated.

We can’t do anything about this (mis)treatment and indignity to us and our family – but rant.

Now that I have stepped out I am sure I have been flagged and there will be BV (black vans) showing up everywhere.

This is the greatest country in the world, lived here all my life; it's just not the same country I grew up in.

Thanks fellow ATS’ers, can you throw a little peace our way?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I am glad you got out. The system is pure evil in disguise. What do we do when we are more affraid of the government then the terrorists? Oh yea, I forgot for a second that there is no difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

Bingo!!
Second line.......

join