It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link to Nasa Announcement!!! 11pacific 1pm central 2pm E

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
five dollars on we found planets with liquid water.

either that or we started picking up there old television reruns finally.
edit on 15-9-2011 by benrl because: eta 2nd line

edit on 15-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

Thanks for the link.

Hope its something good.

Maybe they will have answers to what the hell everyone saw in the sky and there doesn't seem to be any further information or reports on

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It could be they're announcing the end of the world that is supposed to be happening 28th October.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

What I wan a know is why the ILM rep there?

maybe for signal processing or something? maybe they got something that ILM decoded? I mean they do advance visual effects, maybe they received something that required their input?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I plan on watching it and it'd better be worth it!
It can't be anything catastrophic or it would be announced by the President on all of the major networks.
Obama shore does like to be live at 5:00.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They'll probably find another planet with water with the potential to harbour "life"..
edit on 15-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

three time zones listed in the thread name,11pacific 1pm central 2pm E

link   
oh wow its in an hour? TODAY??

*gets popcorn & 3d glasses*

edit - oh wait make that 10 minutes? where can it be watched ENLINE???
edit on 15-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

link   
11pacific 1pm central 2pm Eastern

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

NASA TO MAKE ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY REGARDING KEPLER DISCOVERY: Have We Found An Earth-Like Planet? RELEASE : 11-68AR NASA to Announce Kepler Discovery at Media Briefing Science Journal Has Embargoed Details Until 11 a.m. PDT, Sept. 15 MOFFETT FIELD, Calif. -- NASA will host a news briefing at 11 a.m. PDT, Thursday, Sept. 15, to announce a new discovery by the Kepler mission. The briefing will be held in the Syvertson auditorium, building N-201, at NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, Calif. The event will be carried live on NASA Television and the agency’s website at www.nasa.gov... Kepler is the first NASA mission capable of finding Earth-size planets in or near the "habitable zone," the region in a planetary system where liquid water can exist on the surface of the orbiting planet. Although additional observations will be needed over time to achieve that milestone, Kepler is detecting planets and planet candidates with a wide range of sizes and orbital distances to help us better understand our place in the galaxy. A representative from Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), a division of Lucasfilm Ltd., will join a panel of scientists to discuss the discovery. The briefing participants are: --Charlie Sobeck, Kepler project deputy manager, NASA’s Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif. --Nick Gautier, Kepler project scientist, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. --Laurance Doyle, lead author, SETI Institute, Mountain View, Calif. --John Knoll, visual effects supervisor, ILM, San Francisco. --Greg Laughlin, professor for Astrophysics and Planetary Science, University of California, Santa Cruz, Calif. Reporters can attend in person or dial-in for the briefing. To register or to obtain dial-in information, contact Michele Johnson at 650-604-4789 or [email protected] by 4:30 p.m. PDT, Wednesday, Sept. 14. To reach Ames, take U.S. Highway 101 to the Moffett Field, NASA Parkway exit and drive east toward the main gate. News media representatives must obtain a badge at the Visitor Badge Office, located at the main gate.

This is what I found about it .... thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

ETA: Another link....
www.spaceref.com...
edit on 15-9-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I 'm hoping for "we've decoded something HUGE!".. and for National Security you will never know about it.

AS you were slaves!

OKay I'm on the NASA Site, waiting for conference to start.
t-minus 1 minute...
edit on 15-9-2011 by Iiquiringmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Iiquiringmind

here we go

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Kepler discovers a binary star with a planet similar to tatooine in Star Wars.

A little disappointed...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Kepler-16: A Transiting Circumbinary Planet

Science 16 September 2011:
Vol. 333 no. 6049 pp. 1602-1606
DOI: 10.1126/science.1210923

www.sciencemag.org/content/333/6049/1602.abstract

Abstract

We report the detection of a planet whose orbit surrounds a pair of low-mass stars. Data from the Kepler spacecraft reveal transits of the planet across both stars, in addition to the mutual eclipses of the stars, giving precise constraints on the absolute dimensions of all three bodies. The planet is comparable to Saturn in mass and size and is on a nearly circular 229-day orbit around its two parent stars. The eclipsing stars are 20 and 69% as massive as the Sun and have an eccentric 41-day orbit. The motions of all three bodies are confined to within 0.5° of a single plane, suggesting that the planet formed within a circumbinary disk.

link   
reply to post by Iiquiringmind

circum-binary planet.. Tatooine like( two star) life supporting planet

link   
found a binary star system like in star wars!! haha called keplar 16b!! 26 confirmed planet!! oooh exciting,, gawd i wasted 4 min of my life i wont get back!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I concurr

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Blah, blah, blah. They should've just gotten Morgan Freeman to narrate this crap. I'm pretty sure they had a show on this topic on "through the wormhole"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join