It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.2 in Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about this. Looks like Tokyo was hit by a 6.2:

news link here

TOKYO - An offshore quake with a magnitude of 6.2 shook northeast Japan and swayed buildings in Tokyo on Thursday, but no tsunami warning was issued, seismologists said.

The quake struck at 5:00 pm (0800 GMT) off Ibaraki prefecture in the Pacific, some 10 kilometres (6.2 miles) under the seabed, the US Geological Survey said.

Tokyo Electric Power Company said the quake caused no damage to the Fukushima nuclear power plant which was crippled following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

Hajime Motojuku, a TEPCO spokesman said: "So far, no abnormality has been monitored in our water reprocessing and radiation monitoring systems. The earthquake has not affected our operations."

(more news at the link)

TEPCO is issuing reassurances that this hasn't further compromised anything at Fukushima, for what that's worth.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yeah it happened not long ago.

Here is the USGS link to the EQ data

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
I

TEPCO is issuing reassurances that this hasn't further compromised anything at Fukushima, for what that's worth.

I seriously wouldn't believe a single word they say anymore. The way those workers were crying on TV, they wouldn't do that just for a little damage. They know one more knock and that place is toast.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
somehow i think if its M lower than 7-9

the MSM wont bother to cover it

besides, they dont want us to know we all nowhave alittle Fukishima in us already every water we drink and every air we breath and every cell in our body, has been exposed to Fukishima radiation no matter where we live

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
I

I seriously wouldn't believe a single word they say anymore. The way those workers were crying on TV, they wouldn't do that just for a little damage. They know one more knock and that place is toast.

I couldn't agree more - they've lost all of my confidence. I'm not sure why the press solicits their analyses at this point. It's like asking Cheyney if he's an upstanding citizen.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I can't believe all the quakes and the
day has just started. Thanks for the
update. I can barely keep up with
the quakes. Going to check the
map for location.

new topics

top topics

join