It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Dino Subterranean World Discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I found this little article this morning and thought it was very interesting. I would like to share it with you and see what everyone thinks about it. I think it is relevant, given all the discussion about earthquakes and underground tunnels and such.

www.foxnews.com...

I just wanted to add to this- the description is a little confusing in relation to the exact size. The article says that ""You should imagine the tracemaker as a stout, short-bodied, four-legged animal with a short tail and short neck," lead author Sebastian Voigt told Discovery News. "The trunk was about 20-25 centimeters (8-10 inches) in length. We have to assume that it had five sturdy digits with claws suitable for digging into moderately soft sediment." but it also says this -Funded by the German Research Foundation, ichnologist Voigt from the Institute of Geology at TU Bergakademie Freiberg and his colleagues studied the burrows, located in red beds of the Argana Basin in central Morocco. The architecture consists of numerous openings, exists, tunnels and chambers." It seems to me that the article suggests something even more intelligent than a foot long lizard that made these..anyway, thank you and have a great day!
edit on 15-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

also, I found this article which shows the outside of the burrows..chinleana.fieldofscience.com...
edit on 15-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Nice find, OP.
I love the opening line:

Long before dinosaurs, something was digging intricate homes and roads underground.

Sounds like a post on ATS

S&F
edit on 15-9-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"We have to assume," says the man in academia. LOLing at those people in general, it is really interesting. Perhaps the hollow earth stuff is really true, and only because of some weird burrowing creature? Who knows. Interesting post, thanx OP ^^

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed.

I love the caption of the photo in that article at the top of the page:
"An illustration of the a stout, short-bodied, four-legged animal with a short tail and short neck."

Haha made me laugh for some reason.

Thanks for posting this, fella. Made for a good morning read.

top topics

join