It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

springheel jack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i think that springheel jack and all the other weird humanoids,ghosts and creatures that are seen are actually tulpas,involuntarily projected,psychic thoughtforms.either by an individual or group,who are unknowingly bringing these things from out of their subconscious and into our material realm and these psychic projections take on a life of their own,for short or long periods of time,depending on how much people are "thinking" about them and this is also why these things are never captured...an author,wrote a lot of books in their home about a fictional character called "the shadow" and this shadow was actually seen within the house! years after the author died! this intense concentration about "the shadow",actually brought it to life! > www.space-2001.net...
edit on 19-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I agree with that.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

Wow! thanks Krill,
never come across this before.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
thanks for all of your input it really makes you think are shj mothman and the jersey devil one and the same thing?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

It certainly does seem that -even though these anomalies are many miles apart,
MothMan, Jersey Devil, Spring-Heeled Jack and even 'The Devils Footprints' of
Devon UK (see link)... thet do seem to be related.

Personally, I would like Spring-Heeled Jack and his cousins to be in existence,
a chance of a bit of magic in this mundane world!

The Devils Footprints...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

i had forgotten all about the devils footprints i remember reading about as a child....im quite pleased its still not been debunked! thanks for the reminder

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
the devils hoof prints were seen in 1855 in england...but this is not the only time or place that they have been seen > www.timesonline.co.uk... and > www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 21-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This guy was a frightening part of my childhood. Having a grandmother who taught history and english I was regaled(scared to death) of many stories from the victorian era. I am pretty sure I heard his story right about the time I saw the movie arrival so as a child I had many a nightmare of a tall skinny dude in Dickinsonian garb with inverted knees.

www.thecobrasnose.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernPilgrim

Yes and when i was around 12 or 13 springheel jack chased me through many of my nightmares...

The attacker was tall and thin,had pointed ears and fiery eyes and wore a cloak.He tore at his female victims clothes and ripped their flesh with hands that felt like iron.When he escaped,he did not run,he bounced away. Those who saw his feet swore he had springs in his boot heels...

Sounds like some kind of freakish inter-dimensional demonic entity,or something evil that came back to life, broke through its coffin and climbed up out of its grave to haunt and terrorize those who condemned and killed it...

edit on 13-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
there is a theory that he was a visitor from another world! what with his strange attire and glowing eyes!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
there is a theory that he was a visitor from another world! what with his strange attire and glowing eyes!

Yeah I've heard that, like how gravity doesn't affect him as much.

He apparently was so foolhardy he'd taunt sentry's at barracks and shrug off gunshot wounds. So possibly wearing body armour as well!
Maybe back in the 19th century alien's / EBE's just wanted to lord it up and play games before the serious stuff started in the 20th century??

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by dashdespatch

It certainly does seem that -even though these anomalies are many miles apart,
MothMan, Jersey Devil, Spring-Heeled Jack and even 'The Devils Footprints' of
Devon UK (see link)... thet do seem to be related.

Personally, I would like Spring-Heeled Jack and his cousins to be in existence,
a chance of a bit of magic in this mundane world!

The Devils Footprints...

I hear that, but be careful what you wish for....

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Yeah I've heard that, like how gravity doesn't affect him as much.

He apparently was so foolhardy he'd taunt sentry's at barracks and shrug off gunshot wounds. So possibly wearing body armour as well!
Maybe back in the 19th century alien's / EBE's just wanted to lord it up and play games before the serious stuff started in the 20th century??

The story about him shrugging off gunshot wounds, actually grew out of an incident where barracks sentries fired at him with blanks. I came across that story when I was looking into the similarities between SHJ and the New Jersey Devil (NJD).

My own theory on his "gravity defying" leaps, is that his oilskin "cape" was actually a set of leathery wings (like NJD).

The list of similarities between the two entities (SHJ and NJD) is incredible when you look closely at it, including;
glowing red eyes,
long (metal-like) talons,
hooves or cloven feet,
the ability to breath blue-coloured flames or "fire",
a fantastic ability to leap over high walls or onto rooftops
and Black or very Dark Wings/cloak of oily skin.

Anyway, just a theory!

cheers,
GTD

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
There's a man called Tom Slemen

Yes! 'Strange But True?' was the book that got me into the weird and wonderful

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mthgs602
Those are a pair of Acrobatic boots from the game "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

Ha ha thats funny

lmao exactly what I thought when I found this, one could have mad thief and archer skills with them.

Gonna look more into this now, interesting to see where games etc get their influence from

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
My partner did the score for a film called Spring Heeled Jack, which was about the return of the Victorian horror, who for some reason decided he was going to hunt down some young adults and murder them.
It was a pretty terrible film on most counts (apart from the music
), and it was never given a general release due to there being a lack of ethnic actors.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

imdb list 10 springheel jack movies ive never heard of any of them! anybody know if any are any good/

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

I believe that his ability to breath bluish flames was actually a bluish mist that he sprayed or projected out from some sort of lighted device that he wore strapped around his chest or waist,probably some kind of anesthetic agent used to disorientate and immobilizing his victims,thats what i remember reading anyways...

And wasnt the "Mad Gasser Of Mantoon" more or less the same entity? which was the name given to the person or people believed to be responsible for a series of apparent gas attacks that occurred in Botetourt County,Virginia, during the early 1930s and in Mattoon,illinois during the mid 1940's and during one of the several mad gasser attacks the victim saw a blue vapor and heard a motorized buzzing sound believed to be from gassing machinery > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

i think its been proven the mad gasser was a loner with a grudge called Farley Llewellyn

www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk...

Most recent sighting? Drove past that spot on that night about an hour after this.....gutted I missed it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join