It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicolas Sarkozy and David Cameron to Visit Libya Thursday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
source
source

So libya isnt going to be a puppet to west eh? are the rebels going to throw flowers at them?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It was explained to me this week by a French NATO official that the majority of libya's oil field were operated by subcontractors. The change of ownership has negated all previous contracts and NATO is, in my opinion after a 30 minute chat, basically trying to freeze out china at all costs while NATO members attempt to negotiate amongst themselves equitable returns on their investments relative to expenses (investments).

This is where cognitive dissonance really hits home. Living in Norfolk, VA, home to Joint Forces Command, NATO offices and of course, the United States Navy, I have many friends and neighbors employed and deployed by the military industrial complex. They are normal human beings with families and yards to cut.

In certain respects, they are part of the boogie man TPTB. When ranting on ATS about the problem of TPTB, I have a mental picture of a bunch of dick Cheyney clones with fangs sucking the blood from third trimester fetuses. When, now that I stop to really consider it, in some respects, we are all part of the disease.

There is a family on my block with six children. Two of their children are the same ages as two of mine and attend the same school. If it not for the high officers salaries paid to the parents of my neighbors and the fact they can afford and pay full tuition to the private catholic school, I would not receive tuition assistance for my kids.

Meanwhile, the mother was recently deployed to NATO HQ in Afganistan that was attacked today. We include her in our nightly prayers that she returns home to her children safely. It's insane I'm just now having this epiphany how interwoven our fates are to the frigging war for God damned oil and that I'm profiting from something I so despise.

Forgive my rant. I tend to run on. I have always been a little ashamed for not being part of some kind of solution no matter how insignificant. Coming to this realization is a slap in the face and a real wake up call.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wow, a one liner with zero thought put in, you do love to circumvent the T&C's hey?

Anyhoo, I am totally lost how you can assume that because Sarkozy and Cameron are visiting this means that they are now "puppets". I see you neglect to mention that the Egyptians and Turks will also be visiting as well.

Following your logic, if I came round to your house that automatically means I am going to have sex with your wife, merely because I was there.

I am curious, however, how long you can keep up this pro-Gaddif "he was a great leader and will be missed" nonsense. Every day that passes shows this belief to be, at best, misplaced and at worse, just downirght deceitful. The Libyans certainly don't seem to be crying about him being ousted, but then, I suppose you believe that any images of happy Libyans cheering this mad mans downfall were actually filmed in Kent or Qatar by some evil, BBC-CNN-Al Jazeera mash up.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

well he's never going to stop anyway.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The Libyans certainly don't seem to be crying about him being ousted, but then, I suppose you believe that any images of happy Libyans cheering this mad mans downfall were actually filmed in Kent or Qatar by some evil, BBC-CNN-Al Jazeera mash up.

If you have the money in the world you can persuade people in different countries to join your side at ease even drugs will do

I am totally lost how you can assume that because Sarkozy and Cameron are visiting this means that they are now "puppets". I see you neglect to mention that the Egyptians and Turks will also be visiting as well.

And you know who was behind the Egyptian revolt? the war monger John McCain as for the Turks do the words of the ottoman empire mean anything to you? no of course not.

Anyhoo, I am totally lost how you can assume that because Sarkozy and Cameron are visiting this means that they are now "puppets".

By visiting them they the western leaders wants to send the libyan NTC controlled nation a message stay with the western sphere of influence or else.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Last Updated: Thu Sep 15, 2011 07:16 am (KSA) 04:16 am (GMT)

NATO in Libya a ‘model’ for Euro-U.S. cooperation, says U.S. official

Thursday, 15 September 2011
By AFP
WASHINGTON

english.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/09/15/166940.html

A senior U.S. State Department official on Wednesday hailed NATO’s air strike campaign in Libya as a “model” for future cooperation between European members of the military alliance and the U.S.

The operation in Libya was “in many ways a model on how the United States can lead the way that allows allies to support,” Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Philip Gordon said at an event in Washington.

“What is new about Libya is the approach that the United States would do an initial phase that only the United States could do, and then that Europeans were playing a leading role in certain aspects,” he said.

(...)

“Once the United States had done its job by suppressing the air defenses in Libya, we saw the strike missions carried out in the lead by other allies,” he said − evidence that “it is possible to successfully conduct a NATO operation” without the U.S. taking center stage.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
To back up my statement on libya becaming a western puppet have you any idea who pushed NATO Countries to go war in libya? it why it was Bernard-Henri Levy.

source

# deploy a UK military team to advise the NTC on security

He was also expected to be accompanied by Bernard-Henri Levy, the philosopher seen by many as the driving force behind France's decision to take military action in Libya.

Lévy was born in Béni Saf, French Algeria, to a wealthy Sephardi Jewish family. His family moved to Paris a few months after his birth. His father, André Lévy, was the multi-millionaire founder and manager of a timber company, Becob.

Bernard-Henri Levy was strong suppoter of the war in Bosnia agaisnt the Serbs.

edit on 15-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Thanks jjjtir for bringing that up.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Cameron greets the rebel rats.

A lot of Libyans certainly turned out for Cameron & Sarkozy's speech, All two hundred of them.
Most of them are probably the rebel rats, probably why Cameron is lapping it up and feels like he's in his element, because dishonorable lying rats are the only things in life he can relate too.

in.reuters.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

P.S On all the videos I've watched, why is the camera so close to the crowd. Has anyone managed to find a wide shot of the supposedly huge crowd.

www.wudar.com...

edit on 16-9-2011 by kindred because: link

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

P.S On all the videos I've watched, why is the camera so close to the crowd. Has anyone managed to find a wide shot of the supposedly huge crowd.

thats what i noticed as well.

why is the camera so close to the crowd

the camera shots on this are shot way to close, right next to the rebels and supposed cheering stagted crowd that looks pretty small handfull and the camera is way close on to Cameron? i wonder why.

I thought benghazi was the rebel stronghold and the people are free
i guess they arent and boy was that such short trip.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Exactly, just more BS. I didn't even know Cameron was in Libya. They certainly kept his visit quiet. It's just a damn shame he didn't stay there.
Everything Cameron does is stage managed. He truly is a puppet if I ever saw one.

They should of given him a shovel and he could of helped bury those poor 20,000 dead Libyans.

Cameron Despicable Silence On Massacre Of Negroes In Libya
the-tap.blogspot.com...
edit on 16-9-2011 by kindred because: link

top topics

join