It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul has a chance if..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I was posting in another thread (here) when another member pointed out something that should have been painfully obvious to me from the start: the deck is very intentionally stacked.

I think in the last few years we have seen pretty undeniable evidence that the government (who is elected) is controlled (or at least deeply influenced). The evidence is mostly in the blatant behavior of the media, which has become more and more illogical as the years dragged on from 9/11. What we have ended up with is media that is so eager to control who the people back that rather than rely on subtlety and patience to steer the people they are flat out telling people who to vote for. It appears it's only half working.

With the media playing so dirty itself in recent years I had almost forgotten how dirty politics were on their own (with both against us how could we win?). It was pointed out to me that Rick Perry was selected and entered into this race, it seems, with almost the sole purpose of standing between Paul and Romney. There is no other reason why any powerful organization would knowingly back a man with his history. The conflict of interest between his vaccination order and his wife's being a consultant for Merck is enough to avoid him. He was thrown in to debate-for-show with Romney and be take all the bullets Paul would be throwing towards Romney.

When Perry finishes blowing it (what he is currently doing) right when Paul should be lining up to debate Romney they will bring in the second human shield: Sarah Palin. Paul will be lost in the buzz of the late entry. Palin will replace Perry as Romney's match. This could very well happen just before the primaries, where Palin would sweep the votes that Paul needs, and make Romney the GOP nominee.

The reason for all of this is of course because Ron Paul has a very real chance of winning the GOP nomination if he were able to debate Romney (as Perry has) in a national broadcast. He would undeniably emerge as the other front runner. So if people want Paul to have that chance they need to press to have him debate Romney. (this is of course among other things such as organizing drives to re-register Dems and Indies as republicans in closed primary states [just as dems get out and register the poor]).

So how does one go about this? I'm not certain. Paul supporters contacting him or the unaffiliated (but recognized) support site The Daily Paul and try to get the message across maybe? Supporters taking the message to the street or to the media sites online is also a possibility. All I know is if he is to have a chance he has to debate Romney and soon. He has the steam right now, this is why Palin is a delayed entry. I am a fan of Paul, but disagree with him in some places. The reason I support him is because I think he is honest and I want to break the left right cycle and see this era of amateurish propaganda media die.

I want to see Paul call Romney out, I want to see them both answer the same questions and ask each other questions on policy. I want to see it soon.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Its not going to happen. The nominee has already been decided by TPTB!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Hmmm that is a very interesting theory. Very deep and well thought out. I suppose that would definitely be one way of doing it. However, these men are criminals and I don't see why they would do something that could be 'fair' when they can just do what they did in 2007/2008. During the Primaries, many people reported their votes switching to McCain. The reports went nowhere of course. Grannies For Ron Paul lost $13,000 when PayPal "mysteriously" shut their account down. *cough*

Adding Palin to the mix would be genius! I can't stand her but her entering the race would completely destroy Perry, Bachmann, Cain, and most likely Romney. Perry of course as you mentioned is already on the ropes, as well as Santorum, Gingrich and Huntsman. The wonderful thing is that Ron Paul's support doesn't come from the status quo. He was excited about Perry coming in because he knew his supporters come across party lines and from those who have been out of the political scene for awhile. As well as fresh and aggressive young people who finally get to vote. His support may be hindered a little but overall, I don't see Palin as a threat to his base.

The evangelicals who are supporting Cain, Bachmann and were for Huckabee will run to her if she does enter though. Bring it. This is a r3VOLution and we're not afraid of the odds this time.

Excellent thread though. Very thought provoking!

BTW -

If you all want Ron Paul to win, you MUST go register NOW! If you're a Democrat, register Republican long enough to vote in the Primary. If you're an Independent, GO REGISTER. If you hate politics but love Liberty... GO REGISTER!! I cannot stress this enough. Click on my signature for more information. Not all states are closed Primaries...
edit on 14-9-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

That's pretty insightful and I'm inclined to agree with you.

Palin has been working in the background rallying support for her possible campaign run. Throwing her out on the stage at the last minute could very well draw off the Tea Partiers that have gravitated to Paul. She wouldn't have to win the nomination. It wouldn't be her intention to win the nomination. Her intended purpose will be to make sure Paul doesn't get the votes needed.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Exactly. Perry is there to protect Romney as long as possible and then he will hand that off to Palin. Neither of them are in it to win it. They are just providing cover for Romney, who would likely not be able to topple Paul if they were debating on TV and both being asked real questions. We all know Paul is the only one (probably in a long time) that actually has what it takes to do the presidents job. They don't want that to be seen.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Some good thoughts here.

Keep up the good work and lets keep the fight alive

Ron Paul 2012 or die trying.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Thanks I appreciate all that have read my text wall, it's just how I prefer to roll with my threads (my calm headlines are usually the death of my threads, but I try to keep it real).

Anyway, my girlfriend and I both re-registered as Republicans (I from a dem, her registering for the first time) about a month ago. I don't think we have gotten any confirmation yet so I may have to check up on it. We of course are in a closed primary state.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

From the sounds of it, you don't have too much confidence in Republican voters or the Tea parties. Is it ever a wonder why conservative voters don't choose Paul over the others? I mean if Perry, Romney and Palin are absolute juggernaughts in the Republican primaries, why is that?

The republican voters I've spoken to in person believe Paul to be even extreme for their tastes. It is interesting.... because the only thing that really seperates his policies from others are the wars. Maybe you should focus on your fellow conservatives.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I am focusing on them, I'm hoping to point this out to them as a very real possibility.
Though I wouldn't consider myself an out and out conservative as I have many liberal stances I am supporting Paul.
No, I don't have a lot of faith in the majority of people because millions of dollars and many years have been spent to dumb down the average American and a lot of them wouldn't conceive of this on their own. Not all of them of course, this is by no means some brilliant idea, I just want to put it out there for the average joe that might buy into the media and think this is a fair election with every person out for the job. In reality it appears to be a manipulation of the system.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
Its not going to happen. The nominee has already been decided by TPTB!

I personally want Ron Paul to win the nomination....but....I don't think it is going to happen......I think that it is either going to be Romney or Perry...why? Because they were hand picked by the Rothschilds and Rockefellers.

I hope I am proved wrong on this.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I really don't think Perry was picked to make it so far as the nomination.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

It is interesting.... because the only thing that really seperates his policies from others are the wars. Maybe you should focus on your fellow conservatives.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

The other Republicans have latched on to his ideas because they are popular, just like they way they've tagged themselves as TEA Partiers. Die-hard Republicans just don't like those ideas coming from someone that doesn't promote murder. The candidates have figured out that they have to look like him to win, with just enough social talk thrown in to get the elderly vote.

TBH, I've always thought he should be subversive with his ideas. He should pretend to be part of the status quo and then when he became president he could then affect the changes that need to be made. He's too damned honest for his own good.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

He's too old for that though. If he was spouting the same thing as Romney (while secretly harboring strong beliefs) people would vote for Romney still because he's younger, and physically stronger looking.

Plus it would make Paul dishonest, which would go against everything he's standing for.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The only way Ron Paul would win is if he gets enough supporters who have as much common sense as he does. Apparently that's not how things work now days, popularity and lies tend to win Presidency. Dr. Ron Paul is a wise truthful old timer, but I don't think the majority of voters who do vote have common sense. We will just have to sit back and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
His ad's this time around are so much better than they were in 2007/2008! I decided to see what was new since the last time I checked 10 minutes ago
and this banner was across the top of the page.

Totally stoked! His television ads are really amazing as well!

edit on 14-9-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Yeah I actually like that he is doing a little mudslinging, he's earned the right because it's not what he relies on consistently.

Also this video that was in the OP of another thread is probably one of the best Ron Paul vids I've seen. I hope people are posting it everywhere.

I've seen that banner quite a bit myself, I don't know how ad spaced is purchased here, but maybe this was recognized as a haven of Paul supporters?
edit on 15-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ron Paul has a chance if.......

It was April 6, 1789.

He has my vote already,even though its slim.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You don't think if Perry was out and Palin wasn't in (or was in early and the frenzy had subsided) and Ron Paul And Mitt Romney had a nationally televised debate one on one and it was going to be pretty much between Mitt and Paul, Paul still wouldn't have a chance?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Wow

Gogovicmorrow, thank you for posting that video.

I can honestly say, that video had an impact on me. Quite a large one actually, I went from excited, to tears (literally) at the sight of my dead comrades in arms... and then surprisingly... back to excitement for what RP stands for all over again. I just want a full length movie.

Thanks again, you made my night.

edit on 9/27/2011 by Y2KJMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Don't worry about Paul calling out Romney, Paul was the first to directly attack Perry in ads and in the debates and paved the way for the other GOP candidates to attack him as well.

Paul was first to call Perry 'candidate of the week' shortly after his official entrance to the race and whaddaya know? Perry's campaign imploded and Paul was right...again...

Paul's campaign will not hesitate to be the first to call Romney out and when that happens, Romney won't have much on Paul, he'll just seem like Perry when he was trying to attack Romney.

Ron Paul is the Vanguard of Liberty.

For those that say the cards are stacked against Ron Paul, yes you are right but RP (and the liberty movement) has shown over and over again that our united efforts are able to bypass the media and continue to grow steadily despite them fighting us the entire time. If anybody knows about trends and tipping points, it usually starts around 15-20% and Ron Paul is VERY close to a national tipping point. Herman Cain will have his spotlight for a week or two but after that it will be Romney/Perry/Paul with infighting between Romney and Perry and Paul leading attacks on Romney. Sarah Palin, in my opinion, won't enter the race, neither will Christie.
edit on 27-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

top topics

join