It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiger's Robertson "Europe In State Of Financial Collapse" and expects Greek Default

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Tiger's Robertson "Europe In State Of Financial Collapse"

In a moment of clarity, Tiger's Julian Robertson educates the money-honey on just how bad things are. Robertson started by trumpeting how bad macro is everywhere, moved on to Europe being in a 'state of financial collapse', likes shorting weak European currencies (Hungarian Forint) and warns of the possibility of a rapid rise in interest rates in the US. He is positive on NOK, thinks Canada is a 'very well run country', is a buyer of US large cap tech (citing GOOG and AAPL specifically), and sees Visa/Mastercard growing at 20%+ per year for some time.

From CNBC including full transcript and video, I cite in part:

The macro is so bad everywhere. in america, our political leadership is doing nothing to really help us get out current situation. Worldwide, Europe is just in a state of financial collapse and as we speak, that's happening. So i think we are in plenty of trouble and we've got to really watch ourselves carefully.

On whether he is expecting Greece to default:

Oh, yes. Well, i think the euro has already had a significant decline. i think that the weak currencies in europe are -- and i'm committed to this, are still good shorts. things like the hungarian florent, those type of things, i think, carry a lot of risk with them. and i would be -- am short those kind of things.

Just thought to post this as a heads up for anyone who may be interested in the interview. Interesting comments by Robertson on the Eurozone being in a state of financial collapse. He could be well right and what we are seeing are efforts in futile attempting to salvage what is a sinking ship. The question is will it spread far beyond Europe and become a global collapse as well. With global economic conditions deteriorating and governments neck high in debt, if there be such a fallout, the world will be far less resilient than it was in 2008 to contain it - that I am very confident of!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Greece will be the first to go. Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when IMO. The ever elusive referendum on European membership might be closer than we think for us Brits.

Personally I think its best to leave the sinking ship, and we can take back our borders as a bonus!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Forgive me if i am wrong but i am pretty sure Greece has been set to Marjory collapse for around 3 months now. It hasn't, yet it is, and is still on the bloody brink... None of these reports offer anything new to me.

It happens when it happens and we cant predict when or if until it does.

I don't mean to offend but Greece this Greece that, yet nothing has happened

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
All of this nonsense, political drama, money and bailouts going down a black hole, and finally the realization that proper reorganization under bankruptcy and default is necessary. If Greece and others default, but choose to stay within the Eurozone, the Euro will at first drop like a rock, however; that will be a great buying opportunity because eventually the currency will have much less debt behind it and will help erase a great deal of moral hazard from the future of the Eurozone.

top topics

join