It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse Osmosis Water Filter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow, reverse osmosis water filter's really are expensive arent they? Also I cant seem to find any that last that long unless i have a G to splash. The best value for money i can find is the Military Grade System but 5 days does not feel long enough. Is this a normal price and expiration date or is there anything cheaper that does the same job and lasts a bit longer?

Sorry for the short post peeps, but this is really valuable info for me. Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

reverse osmosis does wonders , goto that arse site of a arse .. prison planet , thell probably be able to hook you up ..

really , reverse osmosis rocks hard

Xobnuf

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just be aware before you spend your money it is merely a membrane and Does not block many harmful chemicals that pass through with the water.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I have heard bad things about UV light, which RO uses. I think, and I'm not an expert, but the best way, although time consuming, is filter first. There are plenty of reverse flush filters out there that claim to last longer with great reviews. Then oxygenate. Most of the harmful stuff in water dies with high concentrations of oxygen.

This is the filter I have and it hooks up to a pack: www.rei.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Reverse Osmosis in the USA are readily available for $120 for a basic unit to $350 for a high end under-the-counter (kitchen usually) low volume unit with $225 being reasonable for a good 4-filter unit, pressure tank and faucet.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
www.vestergaard-frandsen.com...

Not reverse osmosis i dont think, but they are cheap and effective

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

First, you need to decide what you want to filter. In a survival situation units that require water pressure from a tap won't be of much use.

Get yourself a gallon of bleach, a case of good hooch and understand that in a survival situation something else is going to kill you first.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have a commercial multi-stage filtration system that includes a reverse osmosis stage.

The water is, and always has been beautiful & clean, without any metallic, alkaline or chemical tastes, ever.

The system we have automatically flushes the filters every 24 hours and so it tends to maintain itself, with the water filter support company replacing individual filters every few years & verifying the system every twice yearly.

The caveat is that it IS an expensive system.

www.purewaterservices.co.nz...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Sounds like a spot on water filtration system, though I should have mentioned in my OP that it is for a Survival situation, without a tap flow and has to be easily transportable on foot.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Dionisius because: typooooo

top topics

join