It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Double Voter Scandal Exposed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

The only purely federal election is the vote for president, so keep in mind that this would bring federal involvement in not only the presidential election, but in the vote for every minor office and law to be voted on.

And then the crimes committed at the local level manipulating elections would be under federal jurisdiction instead of state, where the patronage is so tight, they get away with anything, so maybe they would hesitate.

A lot of people are kidding themselves if they think there is a national manipulation of the polls here. The problem is local, rampant, & unchecked. It starts in the counties where the jobs are handed out for patronage at the BOE. They do what they want and answer to no one. The rolls are seriously flawed. No one is answering for that and it is your local BOE workers who are responsible (or should I saw irresponsible).

The system is flawed. No one is answering for that. I once caught a serious and undeniable breach in an election that had severe legal repercussions, and could only be challenged by the oppossing party commissioner. I was dumbfounded that he wouldn't open his mouth and would let the other commissioner get away with it. It was explained to me in this way:

Look, they do things, we do things, we challenge him on that - they will call us on this, and it's not worth it to either party to lose the ability to continue. It's just a game to them. A game of strategy, wits and intrigue. It's almost intoxicating. I have even witnessed a party chair play his own people against each other for the fun of it.

What's wrong in this system is not a national conspiracy, it is a local disgrace. No state will give up this ability for abuse and ineptitude.

Anyone ever been there at the county or state level who can deny this?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

The only purely federal election is the vote for president, so keep in mind that this would bring federal involvement in not only the presidential election, but in the vote for every minor office and law to be voted on.

Maybe I misunderstood you, but wouldn't a national ID card or whatever bring the federal gov into every part of our lives? They have their fingers in enough of my pockets the way it is.

df1

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Originally posted by df1

Maybe I misunderstood you, but wouldn't a national ID card or whatever bring the federal gov into every part of our lives? They have their fingers in enough of my pockets the way it is.

I agree with you, you will never here me calling for more government help. I've got more federal government than I need and no desire for anymore.

<< 1   >>

join