It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Double Voter Scandal Exposed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
With only a few months until the November elections, another voting scandal has been exposed, this time revealing some 46,000 voters registered to vote in both New York and Florida. Registering in two places is illegal and violators could be subject to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine. The problem is that there seems to be no way to prevent this from happening short of issuing a national ID card with one number per person.

frontpagemag.com
Some 46,000 New Yorkers are registered to vote in both the city and Florida, a shocking finding that exposes both states to potential abuses that could alter the outcome of elections, a Daily News investigation shows.

Registering in two places is illegal in both states, but the massive snowbird scandal goes undetected because election officials don't check rolls across state lines.

The finding is even more stunning given the pivotal role Florida played in the 2000 presidential election, when a margin there of 537 votes tipped a victory to George W. Bush.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The report also breaks down the percentages of voters double registered break down like this: " Of the 46,000 registered in both states, 68% are Democrats, 12% are Republicans and 16% didn't claim a party."

Related News Story
City mulls action against two-timing voters

[edit on 8/24/04 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
These old people will use the excuse "we don't know where we will be come election time". LOL. wrong. Florida. I know. I've lived there. They come down and clog up the streets driving as much as 20% below the speed limit starting in September and October. If you want to vote then stay in NY or move down to Florida. I know its not very nice of me but I've seen some weird things from these people when I lived in FL. Plaid shorts, tshirt, canary yellow socks and dress shoes. LOL. Nice dress.

Did you know Long Island is a state? Apparently. Because I'd ask people what state they were from and they'd say Long Island. (shakes head)

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've heard it's not that uncommon to be registered in more than one State.

You lived in one state previously and registered while you were there, then moved to another state and registered to be able to vote in your new place of residence.

Not really a problem unless you try to vote in both places.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
In other words... (to bring up a sore spot) does this mean that Gore can go back and RErererererecount the votes and now find that over 600 (of the 40 odd thousand) or so people voted against him in florida that also voted in New York? I would say this supports the democrats position of "we really won". I would also say that it makes a strong point for a national number id card. Get ready Christians... the Mark is here... and neccessary for the democratic way...
I wondered how that would happen... now we know.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
In other words... (to bring up a sore spot) does this mean that Gore can go back and RErererererecount the votes and now find that over 600 (of the 40 odd thousand) or so people voted against him in florida that also voted in New York? I would say this supports the democrats position of "we really won". I would also say that it makes a strong point for a national number id card. Get ready Christians... the Mark is here... and neccessary for the democratic way...
I wondered how that would happen... now we know.

Well, maybe, but this article clearly points out that 31,280 dual-registered voters are democrats. I would theorize that GW would have a stronger case than Gore since GW's argument would augment his lead in Florida by possibly knocking out 31,280 Democratic votes while Gore's argument would only knock out possibly 14,720 (all remaining).

df1

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am currently a registered voter in 3 different precincts in the state of Ohio, but this has nothing to do with my attempting to commit voter fraud. In fact I have notified the board of elections of in each jurisdiction where I am not now living of this situation and they do nothing. It has been this way for 10 years. I have friends that vote in the jurisdictions I have moved from and they see my name on voter rolls when they go vote. They have also notified the poll workers on many occasions and yet my name is still not removed.

Really this my sinister plot to elect a Libertarian, I am responsible for all 3 votes the Libertarian candidate received in last presidential election in Ohio.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by df1]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Does anyone realize the enormity of this? This was only a cross reference between NY City and the State of Florida and look at the numbers.

Why aren't people more outraged? People are voting twice, some out of ignorance, some by mistake and many are probably intentional. Why with today's technology can't we expect a more accurate voter roll?

Voter registration itself is a joke. Just fill out an application and mail it in. If you have a mailing address you are in. No proof of residency, who you are or even if you exist. It's a lovely little honor system we have going here in one of the most easily manipulated yet crucial systems in this Country.

I just don't get it

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Why aren't people more outraged? People are voting twice, some out of ignorance, some by mistake and many are probably intentional. Why with today's technology can't we expect a more accurate voter roll?

If you'll read the post before yours, you'll realize that people can but probably don't.. it's just a matter of lazy government workers.

I work in a County government, and people there work probably 1/4 of the day and chatter or read during the rest.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
shbaz - we all know it is a cushy job with no one to answer to, my ? is why aren't they called to task by someone?

My old one was charging a fee to register an independant party. (Legitimate petition filed needs a logo for the ballot - $100.00) Turns out they were using it for pizza money. It was illegal to charge the fee. They stopped when confronted, but no one took them to task.

The whole BOE system is a joke!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Well, maybe, but this article clearly points out that 31,280 dual-registered voters are democrats. I would theorize that GW would have a stronger case than Gore since GW's argument would augment his lead in Florida by possibly knocking out 31,280 Democratic votes while Gore's argument would only knock out possibly 14,720 (all remaining).

The people that double registered "said" they were democrat.
If they try to commit fraud by double voting, would you believe anything they say?

If I did an organized attempt to make double votes happen, then I'd tell those people to register as being from the oposite party, so that if anyone smells trouble, the records show the people are for your oponent ..

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

The people that double registered "said" they were democrat.
If they try to commit fraud by double voting, would you believe anything they say?

If I did an organized attempt to make double votes happen, then I'd tell those people to register as being from the oposite party, so that if anyone smells trouble, the records show the people are for your oponent ..

These are not organized efforts, they are a bunch of individuals adding up. It is interesting that more of them are democrats, but this was only a check in NYC, and that would explain the heavy lean on one side.

The problem is the problem is everywhere.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Stealing the elections is also illegal. Payback is a B$%#ch!

People know fraud of the biggest kind went down 2000. They're getting ready to steal again. Look out people!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone is registered in Florida AND New York, doesn't that just mean that if they are in New York during the elections they can vote, but if they are in Florida during the elections, they can still vote, without having to go back to New York to do so. Voter fraud would be a bit difficult unless they voted in Florida on Nov. 2 then flew all the way back to New York on Nov. 2 in time to vote there as well. Seems like this would be highly unlikely.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Here in Montana we DO have to show a picture id (drivers lic, etc) with an address that matches the voter registration record. No id, or no match= no vote. (And yes, there is an alternate state id card which can be gotten for free.)

Why in g*d's name do we need a national id card? We already have our ssn, if the gov wanted to check registrations that number would work as well as any. There is no need for more id bs IMHO.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Montana- govt says ssn's and liscenses are too easy to get. (Wonder why they were giving illegal Mexicans drivers liscences?) This new national ID would be a way to get you totally checked out and ID'd, in other words, we're getting very close to the mark of the beast.666.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Anything the gov can make, many people can fake. Comes from the gov doing everything by the lowest bidder. After over 2 1/4 centuries they still can't make money copy-proof, I for one have no confidence they could get an id card right.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

df1

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther
(Can you imagine all the old people herding onto planes in Miami just so they can go vote in New York the same day? Yeah, right. By then they'd just need a nap.)

All that is required are several absentee ballots. Get one for each location your registered, mail them back then take a nap election day.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

df1

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by esther
Am I just being too simplistic?

You are being logical, unfortuately the management of the voter rolls are under the jurisdiction of the state governments. IMHO the state governments will fight tooth and nail to prevent the federal government from taking over management of these voter rolls. If the federal government had been responsible for the voter rolls in the presidential election of 2000, the court would have likely ruled in favor of the democrats which would have made Gore president.

The only purely federal election is the vote for president, so keep in mind that this would bring federal involvement in not only the presidential election, but in the vote for every minor office and law to be voted on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join