It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2001 Metal Gear Solid 2 ending. 10 years later it is disturbingly prophetic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's somewhat prophetic as to what is happening now, with net censorship and individual rights being stripped away. I stumbled upon this on another site and I figured I would relay it to here for some discussion.

www.youtube.com...

Wasn't sure if I was doing the yvid link right or not, so I added the link underneath. Listen and post your thoughts! Thanks!

edit on 12-9-2011 by ArkayikRuination because: fix link

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yeah I see what you getting at.

I believe tptb want to keep us in a constant state of war and control. Which is why I enjoyed this series.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is weird and seems eerily correct. Its very strange although i never noticed it whilst playing the game.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Haha wow, I think im going to go buy the first Metal Gear Solid after I get off work... I miss that game now

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yeah this seems to be pretty spot on with some current events, but I've seen that they like to put these far out ideas in movies, games, tv, etc to make people believe it's all science fiction, oh it happens in video games.

If you look hard enough, you can find clues in tons of movies, I'm sure some of you have done this. But, who knows?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArkayikRuination

Yeah, you would make sense except this was pretty relevant then in 2001. The internet has been around for quite awhile. It was pretty healthy in 2001 and so was reality television. To the extent it is now? No.
Just saying that I don't think it was that "out there" from reality to begin with.

Kojima's work has always been a 1984 type story.

I've played all the Solid games the whole way through.

Spoiler Alert. Big Spoiler Alert for the MGS series.

The people that are controlling everything, the one's talking to Jack....

They may as well be the internet. They are a computer. They run the economy, the meme, the market everything... until one day they realized that the best answer to everything is War.

Anyways, I wanted to say that Kojima's idea was as relevant then as it is now. Check out the cutscenes from MGS 3 or 4.

4 is almost like looking into our future if we don't change things.
edit on 9/12/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArkayikRuination

so eerie all around. to be honest this really does seem like how artificial intelligence would behave. they would see that we are too symbiotic for them. doesnt it make sense though? we evolve computers. the matrix uses this AI trait as well. its an interesting concept because we wont know what AI thinks untill we make it.

i just vote to keep it away from the internet at all costs untill we find out. i mean long term study. we are human.
if we can invent this idea in a videogame its more than possible to invent as a real thing.

digital guardians
/shudders
interesting take on censorship by the way.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Venomilk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
is 4 the 'guns of the patriots' game that's for the ps3? i might have to get that if there is a storyline with this sort of ramifications! i didn't know, but i was very impressed with the subject matter of the op's vid. thanks op!

i've recently marveled at the assassin's creed series and its hints at the ancient builder theory. i will be interested to see how the new iteration, revelations, pans out. the historical context of assassins and this ongoing struggle is awesome, i think. great premise for a game.

that metal gear for the ps3 gets great scores. i think i need to check it out. it's cheap now, too.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

after watching part 1,2, and 3 im watching the whole thing. thats just awesome, and i see what you mean. those things would be happening if we had the tech, you bet

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I loved this game, I'll have to play through it again now damnit! I remember at the time making the link between 'gw' in MGS, and the program 'dos4gw' that used to turn up a lot back then in the dir's of games and programs - an obvious tie-in but still creeped me out a bit

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Interesting.
The United States current flag is the flag of "wartime".

join