It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read Our Lips: No New Texans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
laprogressive

Among the early highlights of Rick Perry’s Texas-sized cannonball into the murky waters of the Republican presidential field were the Lone Star State governor’s suggestion that global warming is a hoax, and his description of evolution as merely “ a theory that’s out there.”

Compared to that stuff, I suppose questioning President Obama’s patriotism and coming this close to charging Federal Reserve Chair (and Bush appointee) Ben Bernanke with treason were all in a day’s vicious campaigning for the Texas governor.

It’s not just Democrats and independents who have recoiled from this. Republicans from Karl Rove to John Cornyn to a number of congressmen are worried. The issue for them isn’t Perry’s good ‘ol boy know-nothingism on a host of issues — that’s a plus in this Tea Party Invasion-of-the-Republican-body-snatchers season. It’s just Perry’s style that needs a bit of fine-tuning. As Peter Roskam (R-Ill.), the chief house Deputy Whip (forget the whipping, isn’t the title “chief deputy” oxymoronic — even moronic?) put it, the threats and insults are “not something you want to lead with….”

Now there's another front runner in the Republicans' roster of potential presidential candidates. It appears that each candidate gets further and further right in an attempt to capture the votes of the Tea Party. The Tea Party, meanwhile, has moved so far right they make the John Birch Society look moderate. The next step, I guess, is outer space. I personally believe that some of the Republican candidates are there already.

As a leftist I am filled with glee at yet another unelectable candidate on the Republican side. Still, some of my conservative friends and associates are actually looking at Perry as though he is a viable option.

The whole Republican party is being held hostage by a relatively small but incredibly loud minority. They know they need Tea Party votes in order to win the White House in 2012. They can't afford to have the party split in half if they want to win.

The Republicans will have to choose a nut case to run for president in 2012. This should be good news, if it wasn't for the real possibility that said candidate might actually win.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Isn't Ron Paul from Texas?

No matter, vote for your Kenyan- I mean Indonesian- no wait I mean Barry. This intellectual giant and his entire ghost writing staff are better in your opinion I'm sure than any body from Texas. (They have scary guns down there ya know...).

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Your filled with glee for another 4 years with a current administrator that every program that he has designed has failed? Your happy with a current president with an unemployment rate at 9.1%.

Hello Im earth, have we met?

You continuing to focus your attacks on the Republicans just shows how week your own candidate is. You have no SUBSTANCE or successful track record to run on. Continue to bash, and I will have a nice healthy laugh come 2012.
edit on 12-9-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

People need to get a grip.

/\My god, what the hell is wrong with his supporters? Doesn't the Bibles say though shalt not kill? Its ok though, we will ignore that one and just focus on the gays.

Romney is not much better.

What the hell, Romney? This is completely crazy.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
The Republicans will have to choose a nut case to run for president in 2012.

Well, It won't be the first time.

I am amazed at what I have read about Perry. The man is a nut job, IMO.

Waaaayyyy back when the Tea Party was formed, I thought (and said) that they would split the GOP vote. Never in my wildest dreams did I suspect what has happened since... This is going to be an interesting political season.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Texans are ok and pretty smart, BUT....
I say no new DUMB Texans, if you get Perry and already had Bush, we get Dumb and Dumber.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/873ebe76b4b0.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 12-9-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
Your filled with glee for another 4 years with a current administrator that every program that he has designed has failed? Your happy with a current president with an unemployment rate at 9.1%.

Hello Im earth, have we met?

You continuing to focus your attacks on the Republicans just shows how week your own candidate is. You have no SUBSTANCE or successful track record to run on. Continue to bash, and I will have a nice healthy laugh come 2012.
edit on 12-9-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

Ok, so the Republican attacks on Obama show that the Republican field is weak? Cause i see those attacks All. Of. The. Time.
edit on 12-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I realize the media has worked overtime and just gone flat out at making Tea Party folk look like raving lunatics, when we aren't all supposed to be out burning crosses in dark fields. I don't know anyone who identifies with the Tea Party movement that lives up to anything remotely close to the MSM image, though. If Obama seems more attractive than a hard conservative (NOT Republican...conservative. If they happen to be both, that's a bonus.) than perhaps you've been talking to the wrong ones.

I came to hate Bush myself in his past couple years, but Obama is better? Really? They've both worked to run us into the ground...I'll elect Mickey Mouse right now if I can just trust the little rat would put the best interests of the NATION before personal agendas.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

But the difference is that we have proven viable solutions ready to put into place. Not propesd infracture, stimulus or cash for clunkers spending. Get real.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

But the difference is that we have proven viable solutions ready to put into place. Not propesd infracture, stimulus or cash for clunkers spending. Get real.

Uh, no your party does not. Not without serious expense to the people. Perry cut funding to the fire departments. Do i want to trade emergency rescue for a slightly better economy? No, i do not. Do i want my President to rely on God? No. Do i want my president to pamper to corps? No again.

Republicans- Spending cuts only(at the expense of the poor of course)

-Democrats- Maybe we can compromise?

Republicans- This is not a Democracy!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

This is where I step back and give up. No point arguing with someone who is completely bye bye. Best of luck with your 9.1% unemployment rate 4 or 5 wars( I lost count ), record deficits and spending, decreased credit rating, cap and trade, pork barrel spending, and overall decrease in quality of life.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry if i sounded rude. I really do not want to make you mad.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

President Lyndon Johnson was from Texas, and he was a very good leader. Medicare was passed during his term. The whole of my mother's side of the family are Texans. I personally lived in Dallas for two years. My problem isn't with Texas.

I don't care for Rick Perry. Lots of guys wear cowboy boots everywhere and swagger and try to show how macho they are. It's all a show to try to impress people. I can accept his costume, it's his policies and intellect, or lack thereof.

He has said he wants Texas to secede from the United States. He doesn't seem to know that it has been tried before. It was called the Civil War (1861-1865.) It was the bloodiest war in our history. More American lives were lost in the Civil War than were lost in World War 1 and 2 put together.

All of the candidates the Tea Party wants to put up for president are not playing with a full deck.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
As a leftist I am filled with glee at yet another unelectable candidate on the Republican side. Still, some of my conservative friends and associates are actually looking at Perry as though he is a viable option.

I hate to break it to you guy, but a ham sandwich will beat Obama next November barring some miraculous turnaround in the nation's finances.

top topics

join