It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things The Film Industry Doesn't Want You To Know

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Interesting article that caught my eye today. Some stuff in here we'd already know and some other stuff that's really messed up but believable.

Enjoy.

The Evils Of Film

For those who don't want to read the whole thing, here it is in a nutshell. The following is snippets of the actual article. You should still read the article, it's pretty funny. Has Some Strong Language

6. Hollywood Accounting

The distribution arm sets whatever fees it wants. If they want to charge themselves eleventy quintillion dollars for distribution, they totally can. Then, even if the film earns billions of dollars in box office receipts, they’re still technically in debt (to themselves) and thus haven’t turned a profit.

5. Extorting Theaters

The first weekend of a movie’s release, the profit is split heavily in the studio’s favor, typically around an 80/20 split. The second weekend, it may change to a 70/30 scale, and so on. So why do the theaters take these awful deals? Because if they don’t, the studio is under no obligation to lease their films to that theater, so they can just totally bounce if they want to.

4. Fake Reviews

Marketing departments just plain don’t give a #. For example, one critic’s review of Live Free or Die Hard got shortened from “hysterically overproduced and surprisingly entertaining” to “hysterically… entertaining.” Sometimes they’ll even take the blurb from parts of the review where the critic was referring to a different movie entirely or the genre as a whole. Another fun trick Hollywood likes to use is trying to woo critics with free screenings, food, set visits, and other goodies. The people who take the bait are called quote whores.

3. Copyright Mess

Nowadays, the very act of creating something gives you copyright, whether you register it or not, but back then, you had to specifically register the copyright for the works you wanted protected, and you had to label it in a very certain way afterward. A George Washington University copyright expert found Steamboat Willie to be not properly copyrighted and therefore being public domain and published a paper saying so. It was at this point that Disney took notice of the issue and actually threatened to sue him for “slander of title.”

2. Controlling Consumer Choice

You see, film studios aren’t the biggest fans of things like Netflix, Redbox, or Hulu. You know, those things that allow you to pick and choose what you want to watch when you want to watch it for a reasonable, affordable price. The reason is that it eats into their sales of DVDs and pay-per-view rentals, for which they get a much higher cut of the profit. As DVD sales drop, movie studios panic. So, instead of adapting their business model to a format that consumers obviously prefer, they’d rather try to turn back the clock and take away the distribution methods people love and enjoy.

1. Stealing Scripts

Turns out, some of those crazy people who constantly crop up and say Hollywood producers ripped off their scripts aren’t so crazy. In fact, it turns out that it’s a dirty little secret of Hollywood’s that stealing scripts is almost commonplace. Example: Buchwald was already a successful humor writer and satirist, even winning himself a Pulitzer for his work. he pitched Paramount an idea for a movie about an African prince who moves to America to find a bride. He suggested Eddie Murphy as a lead actor. Paramount took the pitch, but then had trouble getting it off the ground. The rights returned to Buchwald and he pitched it to Warner Bros. Warner Bros. killed the project. Turns out, there was a similar film going into production at Paramount. It was a movie about an African prince who moves to America to find a bride. It starred Eddie Murphy, who was also given writing credit. That movie was Coming To America.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think you can expand this thread to include

Rapes, Child molestations, Murders, Blackmail, Extortion----etc etc etc.

Oh yea.. and no regard for the actual truthfulness of a movie content.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Let's not forget to include Randy Quaid's claims to the pile...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by evil12day

Is it just me or does Cory's face look a lot like Charlie Sheen's at many points in that clip?

Probably just because I'm tired.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kittendaydreamer

Is it just me or does Cory's face look a lot like Charlie Sheen's at many points in that clip?

Probably just because I'm tired.

Lol, I thought it was charlie sheen! Then I remembered watching that on tv and realized who it was (without watching)

Illigitimate child? WINNING!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kittendaydreamer

Maybe that's why Charlie Sheen is crazy

Both of them had/have problems with drugs

Maybe Sheen has pedophilia problems/sexual abuse just like Corey

That those issues actually cause their agony to reflect on them physically

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
And lets not forget subliminals, predictive programming, occultic symbolism, subtle foreshadowing of events, and no doubt lending a hand to stage many other "real world events" for big brothers viewing audience.

Hollywood, MSM, Washington DC. Synonymous.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Wow I didn't even know that this had happened

Not surprising that the media would cover this up

What's really sad is that tons of people probably just labeled him as crazy and wanting attention, just like the did to Corey when he made the interview about pedophilia.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
They stick their filthy money-grabbing feelers into other countries and spoil their home grown industries too.

Choi Min-sik to stage screen-quota protest at Cannes...

...Choi Min-sik, star of the South Korean film Old Boy, that won the Grand Prize in Cannes in 2004, will stage a silent demonstration at the opening night at the Palais de Festivals on Wednesday, they said. The actor has been one of the main opponents of the government’s policy to sign a free trade agreement (FTA) with Washington. As part of the agreement, Seoul plans to reduce the mandatory days for screening of domestic movies in theaters, allowing more space for foreign movies. The reduction was a years-long demand from Washington under the influence of major U.S. studios...

...South Korea’s government announced in January that it will cut the mandatory screening days for homegrown movies to 73 days a year starting in July, from the current 146 days. Movie workers say the reduction of the quota will deal a heavy blow to low-budget Korean movies and help Hollywood blockbusters in the lucrative Korean market, where each individual watches at least three movies in theaters a year, according to statistics.
londonkoreanlinks.net...

Min Shik Choi sticks it to the South Korean Gov...

``The medal was personally my pride and honor,'' Choi Min Shik told reporters in Seoul today as he held his Jade Crest Cultural Medal, carefully wrapped in pale green satin. ``Now it is a symbol of the government's betrayal.''

South Korea's government announced Jan. 26 it would halve the number of days that cinemas must show local movies to 73 from 146, in response to demands by Pixar, Walt Disney Co. and other Hollywood studios. A week later, South Korea and the U.S. agreed to begin negotiations for a free-trade agreement.

Clad in a thick coat, turtle-neck sweater and gloves, he planned to stand in the sleet and snow holding a sign that read: ``Oldboy would not have existed without the screening quota.''

www.chud.com...

I'll spray that again -

OLDBOY WOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED WITHOUT THE SCREENING QUOTA!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Free-trade! YAY!!!!! How do they get away with that? (nevermind, I think I know the answer). They are like a virus.

This has nothing to do with free-trade or pedophilia, but I once bought the movie Fargo on dvd. The reason I bought it was because I was led to believe it was based on a true story. The movie begins with this:

THIS IS A TRUE STORY. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred.

SWEET!

Well, not so much. As it turns out, the famed Cohen brothers made the whole thing up!

From wikipedia:

Although the film itself is completely fictional, the Coen brothers claim that many of the events that take place in the movie were actually based on true events from other cases that they threw together to make one story. Joel Coen noted: "We weren't interested in that kind of fidelity (definition: the quality of being faithful or loyal). The basic events are the same as in the real case, but the characterizations are fully imagined...If an audience believes that something's based on a real event, it gives you permission to do things they might otherwise not accept."

(italics are mine)

I never watched Fargo a second time. I can't remember if I gave it away or just threw it out. Not that it matters, they still took my money. But Hollywood's "innocence" was ruined on me that day. How is that not false advertisement?!! At least I can take comfort in knowing these geniuses have wiped each other's asses with more cash that I'll probly ever see.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hollywood is kind of like Washington, Wall St. and the Federal Reserve.
It's a giant parasite on the back of every American. They feed off of negative
emotions, stirring the lower chakras. They make money off of feeding us
fairy tales and convincing us that we must emulate their bs. They take
everything and give back nothing but mind control and empty dreams.
They peddle illusions. Hollywood is a giant bloodsucker. So none of this
surprises me. They are the elite. Sucking the life force out of people is
what they do.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Excellent article and while I agree we could add a multitude of other things that they don't want us to know, but the one thing that I recently learned is that we the public pay Hollywood through the movies we choose to watch, buy or rent.

It is those movies that when watched and when our imagination is captured that we begin to alter our consciousness which manifests a change to our future reality which is all based on the influence of what movies Hollywood put out for the viewing public to see and which ones we saw or watched over and over and over because we liked them.

We are creating the future reality that those movies suggest and we are paying them to do so, long before they get to use slick Hollywood accounting methods to squeeze every dollar and or tax angle from the money we pay them.

Of note here is that as a result, we are responsible for funding the NWO agenda with the billions needed to do what they do.

As an example from a movie that many are talking a lot about is the movie "Deep Impact" which has a multitude of current similarities that are being played out in our current reality with a black president, Comet Elenin and so forth dealing with disasters and E.L.E. events.

Here is video link to a video about Comet Elenin and Deep Impact similarities. Note Deep Impact release date and how it was timed to allow for what we are creating today in our current reality. Anyway, enjoy the video. I think its a very good example of what I contend.

www.youtube.com...

I have contended that over the many years of movies, this is how Hollywood and the NWO crowd use the movie screen to influence the masses and in doing so, it creates the future and the reality that we all "got in to" while watching the movie we got in to for what ever amount of time the movie ran.

This to me is another one of those items that they don't want us to know about, but oh well, the cats out of the bag now.

Thanks for the thread and by the way, conspiracies do exist.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
OLDBOY WOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED WITHOUT THE SCREENING QUOTA!!!

Few things deserve all caps AND three exclamation points. The above sentence is a rare exception, and indeed might even justify the use of animated flashing gifs and dancing cats setting it on fire for further emphasis.

Good post, OP. Especially if you love the cinema, you must understand the ways and history of the studio system, and how important it is that we continue to encourage and empower people to create films outside of it, while preventing it from doing any more damage to the art as much as is possible.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Maybe that's why Charlie Sheen is crazy Both of them had/have problems with drugs Maybe Sheen has pedophilia problems/sexual abuse just like Corey That those issues actually cause their agony to reflect on them physically

I have no first hand corroboration, but from what I have read and learned about mind control/MK Ultra stuff, the mind control is generational in nature, thus people like Charlie and Drew Barrymore were literally born into an MK life. MK relies largely on trauma based programming (the movie Raising Cain is a good example of this) I believe the pedophilia to be part of that programming as sexual violation, especially for a child, is definitely traumatic, The drugs are a symptom, a means to try to cope, like was said regarding Corey Haim.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

It is those movies that when watched and when our imagination is captured that we begin to alter our consciousness which manifests a change to our future reality which is all based on the influence of what movies Hollywood put out for the viewing public to see and which ones we saw or watched over and over and over because we liked them.

Excellent point and one I hadn't considered quite that way. Your take on the creation angle puts a whole new dimension on predictive programming, not only preparing people to think a certain way, but also using their creative power to manifest it. Brilliant, and I think, right on the money at a certain level

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yes, Hollywood has managed to rape many franchises. Especially John McTiernan's.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Talking about stealing scripts

My ex wifes brother in law Paul wrote a book / film script and sent it to the studios for review many years ago. He is now in his 70's.

The script was returned as thanks but no thanks.

A few years later Paul was astonished to see his exact same script published as a film according to Paul himself.

The book was first entitled "The Molten Meteor", which was later renamed "The Blob".

An amazing story and one that I often talked about with Paul. Obviously the main subject being why didn't you sue?

The swift answer was always "Money".

Paul still has both the original hand written transcript and type written version in his house today.

Poor man has always had to struggle in his life and if what he says is true, he has been cheated out of a whole different life.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind. They completely left out that he got over his mental issues WITHOUT the use of medication, and instead seeked spiritual help which is what the original story was all about.
edit on 13-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie
I never watched Fargo a second time. I can't remember if I gave it away or just threw it out. Not that it matters, they still took my money. But Hollywood's "innocence" was ruined on me that day. How is that not false advertisement?!! At least I can take comfort in knowing these geniuses have wiped each other's asses with more cash that I'll probly ever see.

It's not false advertisement as movies are always considered works of fiction. I mean, if you watch JFK, do you also believe that it's a real re-telling of the true story? When a character dies, do you believe it's real?
I don't see what's wrong with Fargo or other movies claiming they're a true story, you must be really naive to believe it. Reminds me of all the people who believed that Blair Witch Project was real, because the creators said so even though they just ripped-off Cannibal Holocaust with this 'it's real, the tape has been found' thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join