It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Post 9/11 Tribute (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hi, I've lurked forever on here, and I finally decided to make a post. I decided to put it into introductions, since I'm not exactly sure where it would fit in the other boards.
Yesterday 9/11/11, We did a different type of tribute for 9/11.

My grandpa used to be the chief of the fire department here, and I'm friends with a fairly good size lot of police officers. I had mostly avoided the television for the day, and gone about my business when one of my officer friends called me and asked if I wanted to come to a tribute they were putting together.

It wasn't exactly planned. They radioed out for all available to come to the mall parking lot and line up. The part that shocked me was that police and firefighters from other stations and from far out actually showed up. The video is 4 minutes. Two ladder firetrucks lined up behind the other fire trucks and put their ladders together and hung the American flag between them. A lot of the bystanders are off duty police, and a few stragglers, like me, who had shown up to watch them pay tribute to their brothers and sisters who had fallen during September 11th.

I can honestly say, that no matter what your stance is on 9/11, it's a beautiful thing to watch them come together and pay tribute to their fallen even so far away as we are.

I'm not here to start a debate, or to argue the sides of who is responsible for 9/11, I wanted to simply share my moment yesterday that I got to witness and have the chance to record.

join