It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members; How Do You Define Elite and Wealthy? How about NWO or TPTB?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I see this so often in threads that I am finally moved to ask a few questions. At what point is someone rich or wealthy? Who do you actually consider to be 'elite'? Who do you actually consider to be a member of the so called 'NWO'? Who are the people that encompass TPTB? I don't want dictionary or Wikipedia answers. Of course this is often just hyperbole but I want what you actually think of when reading these 4 words.

I've been reading this site for years, but it seems there is no general consensus on these terms. One member may call the mayor of a town a shill for the NWO. Another may say that someone who owns more than one house is wealthy. Some seem to think that anyone in a govt. office is a willing pawn of TPTB. The one term that seems to be somewhat universal in meaning is elite, but I will still pose the question.

These terms have lost all of their punch for me, and every time I see a response in a thread along the lines of 'Well of course the elite wealthy members of society and TPTB want you to believe that/think that' etc. I really have no idea what the poster is actually talking about because the terms seem so broad.

I am not asking to make a point or complain, I am genuinely curious how you would define these words. They are bandied about so often, and used in such different context that I am sometimes at a loss.

Thanks and I hope you have a great day!
edit on 11-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
IMO, $100 million or more. $1 million is nothing these days.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Elite and Wealthy are really synonymous, but I like to use the word "Elite" instead because it sounds more "powerful".

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I would actually agree with that. Wealthy to me is upwards of 50 million. How about the rest of the terms? I always enjoy your posts, even when vehemently disagreeing!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I would actually agree with that. Wealthy to me is upwards of 50 million. How about the rest of the terms? I always enjoy your posts, even when vehemently disagreeing!
As for the "others" that is really pretty simple. "By their fruit ye shall know them".

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

As for the "others" that is really pretty simple. "By their fruit ye shall know them".

Will you throw me a bone here and just tell me what you think? Do you consider the elite and wealthy to be mutually exclusive? What is YOUR definition of TPTB and NWO?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have always defined the "upper class" and the rich/wealthy as seperate. I think you can have more than one house, car, expensivly clothed child etc. and still not be rich/wealthy. If you are in a class in this society, whether that be upper, middle or lower you are not rich- you simply have (or wish you have) lots of toys. Your still a slave for the true rich/wealthy, who are in my opinion elite. The elite are not a class. They are outside the class system because they created and control the class system. They have so much wealth that it seems silly to even use the term wealthy because they are beyond it. The slaves (us) can only rise or fall within the class system we were born into, in other words we will never be rich.
The NWO is a bit more complicated, I think there are two branches of the Elite, those who are and favour royalty and who would bring the world under the monarchy system again, and those who are all about industry and globilism and banking under the banner of democracy, they are playing a war game with each other (think Romeo and Juliet) the ending of which they either seek to "marry" the two systems or one will rise victorius over the other, either through actual war (as in WW2 where the power seems to have shifted to the banking/industry) or some other disgusting act perpetrated on mankind. Whatever happens they (they being elite in general, monarchy or globalist capitilist, both cut from the same cloth) will present it in a new way so it doesnt look like either of the last two orders, it will seem like a solution to all our woes, a new order for the ages...... And most will fall hook line and sinker. We have so far after all.
The only way to escape this viscous cycle is to walk away from our slavery. Do away with class systems and the dole, let people govern themselves at a community level rather than a national or global level. I like the idea of countries being divided up into states (like America) and the people of those states deciding how they should be governed, what the laws of that state are and how they want to live. For instance if one state wants to be anarchist then they can and all those who like capitilism can move to the state that wants to be capitilist, People will move up in the ranks of their state based on merit/skill rather than bloodline and the agreement of the majority that the merit/skill fits the role.
I think this system is called meritocracy. But the beauty of this system is that everyone has the opportunity to create the kind of world they want to live in. There would be no more war (because no one, given the opportunity to leave, would stay in a war torn country/state and without civilians who would you wage war on?), competition between the states would be encouraged (so people with warlike tendancies could battle it out through sports or city planning or whatever) and good resource management rewarded. There could be a national council to make sure no state infringes on the rights of another state. I could go on but you get the idea.

Sorry for the long post.
This should turn out to be an interesting thread, s&f
I forgot TPTB! TPTB are who the elite serve. Not human.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Rhebefree because: had to add something

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Elite...ahem, nowadays anyone who is working ...nwo any person or corporation that feeds off poverty.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I love a good challenge, but in this case I just question if you are going to grasp my meaning if indeed you have to be somehow "educated" on what certain terms mean and when.

As such, in the spirit of trying to help out, I am going to make an effort and I repeat, I am only going to make an effort to help you keep things in perspective. Of course this is as I see it and in no way am I claiming to speak for all of humanity or any of that other dramatic stuff.

I want to add to your thread some discussion that I know you wont get anywhere except from me.

In my effort to assist you I will have to use some some comedic attempts, but I ask for your patience and when I am done, I hope that you will better off for what I have provided you.

First off lets look at your question: How you define Elite and Wealthy is actually two questions as is both the NWO and TPTB questions.

1. Elite?
2.Wealthy?
3. NWO?
4. TPTB?

I have written these four question items so that you can readily see them and refer to them as I explain if and when you need to.

First question, how do you define elite? In my opinion, elite is someone who has attained a certain social and economic status that places such a person at the peak of their career profession and or overall influence on those around them and even on members of society and or government and even corporate interests.

When used on sites like ATS or other sites, it often refers to those in power, the wealthiest of the rich and those that exude no accountability for anything they do regardless of where they are employed.

Certainly the status such as elite can be even argued among the elite, but when used by most it just refers to those that have too much money and too much time on their hands to be the busy bodies that they are.

The point of this first question is that you can be Elite, Wealthy a member of the NWO and still considered part of TPTB simultaneously or individually.

Second question about who are the wealthy? Well to me this is a simple one. Anyone who has more than you have is wealthy compared to you. However, I am certain you seek more and so I would add that having money into the hundreds of thousands will make one wealthy if everyone else has less, but when you have a few million, you are poorer than someone who has a four or five hundred million. Then there is those that have the billions and anyone below them is not as wealthy but still wealthy and so on and so. I hope you see where I am going with this.

Third question is harder but not that much harder. Who is the NWO? Well, by my standards, anyone who supports or believes in a new world order is in effect a member of the NWO crowd, but bear in mind, such a NWO member could be poor, wealthy, super wealthy or mega rich. They could even be elite and or members of TPTB.

Fourth question of who are TPTB. Well this probably gets no real hard and pact answer, but I contend that TPTB could be anyone in "authority". Could be the High School principle, the local sheriff,the local mayor, or just about any elected or local and state officials acting in some capacity or authority over others. In some circles TPTB are also refereed to as "The Man." While in the military this could be the "Chain of Command" it is in essence any system of organized control and authority over others.

While my explanation could be no worse or no better than anyone else who could argue anything for days, I just want to state that at times like we see across our nation these days,there are times when many groups could in effect fall into any number of the four categories and could even be in each of the four listed at the same time.

While I realize it is at time hard to keep up with because of regional differences and slang and misuse of terms, because of course many use the wrong terms at the wrong time.

As an example, consider a rap star with 500 million in the bank and a professional music career with a long term contract or their own music label could be considered wealthy by those who have less, could even be TPTB to his employees and could even be defined as elite if he lives the life style with multiple mansions and butlers and such. If such a rap star supports and contributes to the NWO agenda, he is by his actions also a member of the NWO because he supports or contributes to such a group of globalist and their agenda.

In closing, I just wanted to say that too often many will get fixated on these definitions when we should be more aware and knowledgeable in the actions and what those actions mean to us. Whether those actions help others or harm others is important to know.

Just don't apply this rationale when facing five killers who are going to kill you, because do you really care which one of the killers is sensitive, who is well read, who is rich? What professional affiliations he has? Of course not and that is why you use your best judgement and when someone flubs up, no big deal. Chill.

Thanks again

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In answer to the Opening Post question.
I think an NWO elite is not necessarily a person. You could say that for example, Bill Clinton, John Kerry, William-and-Kate, Rockefellers and Bilderbergs are Elites, I would call them Elites, for sure. But there are these transnational entities with no alliegance to anything, except consolidating all the economic power. Those who fund and authorize these Western military take downs and shake downs of innocent countries who were modernizing, and tell important newsmedia corporations what to do, I call those the New World Order Powers That Be.
edit on 11-9-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

At what point is someone rich or wealthy?

...depends upon the economic status of the viewer... if you have nothing but the clothes on your back, then the guy who lives down by the river in a van is richer than you...

Who do you actually consider to be 'elite'?

...those who control the governments of countries...

Who do you actually consider to be a member of the so called 'NWO'?

...a member?... its not club membership type of thing... its a very old "submit to us or we'll make you miserable" dominationist mindset...

Who are the people that encompass TPTB?

...the powers that be are not people... the powers that be are Earth, the sun, the moon, an astroid or comet that strays too close...

...using tptb to indicate the scum who control governments is a weird thang (to me), in that people use it to describe scum but they dont realize that by using that term that way they're elevating scum... o'well, if everyone thought like me, life would be boring cuz i wouldnt have anything to bitch about or laugh at...

there is no general consensus on these terms.

...yep, its all a matter of personal perspective...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You won't get any straight answers here. Terms like "the rich" and "the elite" are useful as long as they can't be pinned down to an actual number or meaning. Obama says "the rich" is anyone making over $250k. But if you try to his supporters to agree with that number, they'll say "oh, well, of course not them!", because a good portion of small business owners make that much. And their are a lot of small business owners that support Obama (for some unknown reason). But calling them "the rich" would mean that they're un-American, greedy, evil capitalists. So "the rich" and "the elitist" become mutable to fit whatever is the agenda of the day.

I believe "the rich" is anyone living comfortably on whatever they're making. I could be considered poor making $41,200 p/y as head of household. However, I have no unsecured debt, and one mortgage, plus bills (groceries, utilities, etc.) If something costs less than $1k, I can pay cash for it. By my own definition, that makes me rich. But no rational person could call me such. If I were to attach a number to it, I would say around $1 million would be "the rich".

"The elite" is very different, though. The elite is power, political and monetary. You don't have to be a millionaire to be one of the elite, just connected.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"Elite" and "Wealthy" are intangible comparative terms.

The person who earns $20k a year thinks the person who earns $150k a year is "wealthy"; but the person who earns $150k does not think they are wealthy.

The person who earns $150k a year thinks the person who earns $500k a year is wealthy; the person who earns $500k a year does not think they are wealthy.

Etcetera, etcetera, up the chain of "eliteness".

As "Elite" is a term of comparative exclusivity, I would define the top 5% of a group as "elite".

Therefore, the top 5% of the population, wealth-wise, would be the "wealthy elite". Of course, most of the "Wealthy Elite" would probably not consider themselves as such.

NWO, I do not define as a group or entity, but a state of organisation of social order. Personally, I define the NWO as Globalism; in that respect, we now live in the NWO, or are past the precipice into it...

TPTB, are simply the elite of the elite, the top .5% that control the flow of capital and resources, and in the unregulated Global NWO, it means they have an undue amount of political influence.

So I, for one, am quite literal.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Will you throw me a bone here and just tell me what you think? Do you consider the elite and wealthy to be mutually exclusive? What is YOUR definition of TPTB and NWO?
LOL, my bad. I really did not get what you were going for on that point.

TPTB:

Ephesians 6:12

New International Version (NIV)

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

IMO, TPTB are just that. Powers(what ever name you wish to apply to them), not the people that they control directly and use to enslave us. The "NWO" is the current name for the governmental system that TPTB and their human pawns will use. It will also encompass/include a one world currency(though no cash, completely electronic), a one world religion, and series of pogroms and terror campaigns such as the world has never yet seen.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Ahhh thanks for clarifying.

Thanks to everyone else that posted too! I'm actually very interested to hear others opinions on these terms and will continue my annoying self bumps daily until my curiosity is sated!

top topics

join